Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 26 - Tennessee 20 (Border Bowl)
Final.

Fun game to watch! Im glad to see the Blue come out on top!
Good job Kentucky. I would like to have seen more kids played. But if you want to win you have to do whats best for the team. Good job Coaches!!!!!. The only thing I never could find who was wearing what number. So if the player didnt make a play you wouldnt know they was in the game. The Mtn boys look good. And it was a good game to watch.
Awesomee! Way to represent.
Does anybody have stats?
Very good showing from our kids from the mtns.!! I saw numerous kids from s.e.ky making big plays for ky throughout this game. Congradulations goes out to the whole team but one of our on kids brought the offensive MVP back home with him to middlesbor. Other notable young men that caught my eye was: big boy from Lynn Camp played really good in the middle of the DL, South's QB played well, Clay County QB played well with a nice touch on the ball. Whitley Co. RB ran the ball very hard, Monte kicked really well considering the balls had to feel like a frozen brick when it hit his foot. Tyler Harbin played an OUTSTANDING game. The list of our mtn. athletes goes on and on. It was a tremendous showing of our athletes. :rockon:
Awesome! Did the P-Burg RBs play?
Theshinningknight Wrote:Awesome! Did the P-Burg RBs play?

Yeah, he play on D as a Linebacker.
MVP2 Wrote:Yeah, he play on D as a Linebacker.

Did he play well?
Congrats Kentucky boys
It's on TV here in Knott County. Came on at 8:00.
Congrats to the boys from Fort Thomas Highlands. Tony Guiduili QB (MVP) one passing TD, one running TD , Adam Dempsey defensive MVP, two consecutive saks. Oliver Head for a TD. Way to represent Fort Thomas. I heard that Kentucky dominated the third quarter.

Congrats to all Kentucky players and thank you. Job well done. We all know KENTUCKY has the better footballBig Grin
Did Demetri Travis play?
Did any of the belfry kids play?
king360 Wrote:Did Demetri Travis play?

Yes travis did play D-back . What I seen the coach was making a change every 2 or 3 plays. He had one tackle for sure. I think everybody played the best that I could tell
Pond creek nation Wrote:Did any of the belfry kids play?

Lee played on the defense.
kymom Wrote:Lee played on the defense.

How did he do? Will they be showing a replay of the game anytime?
JackFrost Wrote:How did he do? Will they be showing a replay of the game anytime?

Lee done well was in on some tackles. And also made some. I think everybody played well nobody stood out on doing bad. Dont get me wrong there was some bad playes but as for the game as a whole the big blue done well. Great job guys. And good luck in the future.:Clap:
Pond creek nation Wrote:Did any of the belfry kids play?

Ivan Lee and Charlie Dotson played in this game. Ivan played on defense and Charlie played on special teams and offense. Both saw playing time and Ivan was in on some tackles, as well as a few solo's.

Way to represent Belfry!!
All of these young men represented us well!!!!!!
Info about the game: http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/37786979.html
Here's the stats: http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/37774954.html

Highlands Tony Guidugli Game MVP; completed 1-TD pass and 1-TD on his own
Does anybody have any rosters. I would like to know who all played from exactly where. Did Jeremy Armfield play well. He is from South Laruel and plays on the line. Heard he is one of the best linemen in the state.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Does anybody have any rosters. I would like to know who all played from exactly where. Did Jeremy Armfield play well. He is from South Laruel and plays on the line. Heard he is one of the best linemen in the state.

Max Muckerheide 6'4 265 Conner HS
Samuel Simpson 6'5 280 Henry Clay HS
Charlie Dotson 5'10 195 Belfey High School
Ivan Lee 6'0 245 Belfey High School
Monte Merrick 6'1 180 Bell County High School
T. Sencer Greer 5'11 190 Bell County High School
Tyler Hardin 6'3 240 Bell County High School
Zac Eagler 5'11 220 Boone County HS
Chase Blackburn 6'7 320 Bryan Station High School
Earl McCann 5'11 185 Bryan Station High School
Roy Philon 6'4 275 Bryan Station High School
Zach Lewis 6'1 215 Clay County High School
William Englemon 5'8 175 Conner HS
Jesse Hayden 6'1 315 Corbin High School
Michael Craig Campbell 6'0 225 Corbin High School
Ben Benedict 5'9 210 Estill County High School
Deron Maxwell Hicks 5'11 180 Franklin County HS
Oakley Watkins 6'4 270 Franklin County HS
Adam Dempsey 6'4 245 Ft. Thomas Highlands
Tony Guidugli 6'3 215 Ft. Thomas Highlands
Ryan Williams 5'7 175 George Rogers Clark HS
Cody Ison 6'2 240 Harlan County School
Nathaniel Gilliam 5'8 165 Harlan County School
Greg Adams 5'9 160 Hazard High School
Josh Kidd 6'1 185 Hazard High School
Mike Sullivan 6'2 220 Holy Cross HS
Ian Welch 6'3 200 Johnson Central HS
Chase Richardson 6'0 215 Johnson Central HS
Cory Smith 5'10 175 Knox Central High School
Gary Demus 5'10 185 Lafayette HS
Kaanan Parker Green 5'9 170 Lafayette HS
Daniel Vogelsang 6'3 230 Lexington Catholic
Will Letton 6'3 212 Lexington Catholic
Michael Harmon 6'1 265 Lexintgon Christian Academy
Steven Davis 6'5 255 Lynn Camp High School
Hunter Adams 5'11 185 Middlesboro HS
Grant Darnell 6'3 225 Montgomery County HS
Christopher Douglas 6'0 190 Paul Dunbar HS
Demetri Travis 5'9 160 Perry County High School
Tyler Woolum 5'10 185 Pineville High School
Tyler Perkins 6'3 210 Powell County High School
Austin Gearheart 6'3 205 Prestonsburg HS
Seth Setser 6'1 220 Prestonsburg HS
Winston Hines 6'1 180 Pulaski County High School
Bret Denton 5'10 205 Raceland High School
Robby Logan 6'3 255 Raceland High School
Anthony Sandoval 5'10 170 Scott County HS
Jon Cox 6'6 250 Scott County HS
Jermemy Armfield 6'5 270 South Laurel High School
Ricky Bowling 5'10 175 South Laurel High School
Heith Castle 6'5 250 Tates Creek HS
Jason Powers 6’0 200 Whitley County High School
Anthony Ridner 6’1 175 Whitley County High School
Cody Jones 5'10 200 Whitley County High School
Aaron Brock 5'10 175 Williamsburg High School
Ed Lawson 5'10 190 Williamsburg High School
Tyler Rollins 6'0 255 Williamsburg High School
Way to crack some Volunteer heads KY. Great defensive strategy by both coaching units. Looks like Ky had the more solid drives and dominated the first down conversions. Tn had some big plays that led to most of their points. I hope i can attend one of these battles some day.
I froze my tail off, but it was a fun game to watch. I was curious as to why Chase Richardson (JC) played a limited role in the game. From what I can remember, he was only in on two offensive plays the entire game and was a lead blocker and each play gained roughly 10 yards...the rest of the time he was on special teams. However, this kid rushed for over 2,000 yards, scored 20+ touchdowns, and made 130+ tackles....anything to get a W I understand, but I wonder if he was hurt?

Congratulations to the kids that made it and the coaching staff for representing the Bluegrass State well.
I guess it had to do with that spread O. As much as people seem to like that offense, I dont think you can do justice with it at the high school level. QB/WR skills are not high enough to be a consistent offense at this level, in my opinion.
BTW, I somehow missed the score we got to open the 3rd quarter. Anyone remember what it was, to put us up 12-6? I guess it was a quick strike, cause I know the Vols had the ball with like 12 mins to go in the 3rd. Thanks.
I was also surprised that Deron Hicks was not one of the Ky MVPS. He was the player I was most impressed with, except for Dempsey on defense.
Great Job Kentucky way to represent our state well. Great representation for Bell Co from Tyler Harbin, Monte Merrick and Spencer Greer great job.
[quote=IRISH4]I froze my tail off, but it was a fun game to watch. I was curious as to why Chase Richardson (JC) played a limited role in the game. From what I can remember, he was only in on two offensive plays the entire game and was a lead blocker and each play gained roughly 10 yards...the rest of the time he was on special teams. However, this kid rushed for over 2,000 yards, scored 20+ touchdowns, and made 130+ tackles....anything to get a W I understand, but I wonder if he was hurt?

I, too, wondered why we didn't see more of him. To my knowledge he wasn't injured, and like you said a win is great, but if the college scouts were there for one last look it would have been good for all of the players to show what they could do. Oh, well. He's gifted academically, so he'll be fine.
I thought that the kids from the mountains did exceptionally well. I would have liked to have seen everybody get a chance to play some more and showcase their talents. Hunter Adams of MIddlesboro could have gotten the MVP for the whole game as far as I'm concerned.

Is it true that some players never even got in the game?
good job Ky