Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you pick your winners?
One of the big features of the BGR forums is the opportunity to post our opinions on who wins a scheduled game. For the most part, many of us pick the team that we are most closely associated with. For others, we choose against the rival, no matter who they are playing against.

How much thought goes into your choose. Is it simply just picking who you like/dislike? Do you check the threads to see who has been winning the most? Do you take the higher ranked team based on the polls? Take the big school over the small school? Predict the upset because you know they have to happen sometime? Do some type of research on the teams records and who they have played?

I attempt to do a little research and do some comparisons on how each team has done against a common opponent. It's a fairly flawless method and one that has give me virtually a perfect record of choosing the WRONG team every time Sad
My wife who picks based on the team's mascot has better success than my calculated process :mad:
I go on several things.

If they are very well coached then I will have great respect for them and fell strong towards picking them but I also go on talent. When a team has the ability of winning games through talent then I will fell strong towards them as well. I have to admit I have picked games through family relations but I do actually sit back and look at the teams I am picking. The team also has to have a lot of heart as well. Heart can make up for talent and coaching anytime two teams step out on the court.
i choose by the amount of talent each team posseses. if i feel a team has a better chance of winning because they have better players, then thats who i go with. of course there are some upsets that are bound to happen, but that's life.
I try to choose by comparisons and how teams have done on the season as a whole. If they have a common opponent that is helpful. I never just pick my favorite team or pick against who I don't like. I try to use reason and pick who will win a game based on an honest assessment of the teams involved.

If its close than I mostly though I just go with my gut.
I try to use talent levels, match-ups, and then how the particular teams have done on the season. This still doesn't always work out though. lol In some games, you might as well choose the best mascot.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I try to use talent levels, match-ups, and then how the particular teams have done on the season. This still doesn't always work out though. lol In some games, you might as well choose the best mascot.

Smile

As I've seen FBALL post before, it's why they play the games. If it was all based on "whats on paper", it would be pretty easy.
One factor to consider is the hustle of the teams. A team with less talent but more hustle usually can beat a team with more talent with less hustle.
I look at how the teams have performed so far during the season and how they've matched up with the better teams around the area or state.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I look at how the teams have performed so far during the season and how they've matched up with the better teams around the area or state.
That sounds like the most logical way.