Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Co. @ Fleming Co.
Mason County's 6th, 7th, and 8th travel to Flemingsburg Monday to play Fleming Co. First 2 games should be battles, but Mason's 8th handled Fleming very easily last time. Any thoughts or predictions?
I Am Getting In Late On This One But Our 6th Grade Really Handled Flem Co.'s And We Have Every Time. I Can't Believe That You Thought That One Would Be Close.
I didn't expect the 6th grade game to be that close either. I also did not expect the 7th grade game to be a barnburner. Mason is better at the 6th and 8th grade levels with Fleming being better in the 7th. This has proven itself over and over. No disrespect to Flemings 8th grade bunch but the 7th graders routinely defeat them. They also beat Mason Co's 7th grade (now 8th) as 6th graders.
Mason 6th will go home early in the 6th grade state. Look for Wayne County to beat them by 20+.

Fleming 7th is the real deal. They have a very nice team.
You may be right on that one. I have heard that Wayne Co. has an excellant
6th grade ballclub. Fleming and Wayne at the 6th grade level are two different animals. Good luck to Mason though.
aauhoops Wrote:Mason 6th will go home early in the 6th grade state. Look for Wayne County to beat them by 20+.

Fleming 7th is the real deal. They have a very nice team.

I have not seen Mason County but I was amazed how at the McCreary County tourny Wayne County would get a nice lead with their starters then put all the second five in and no one could pull on them. I see teams like South Laurel, who played them close the first game, get down to them by 13 and Wayne put their subs in and it stayed around 13 in the championship. All I can say is watch out it will take a good team and a bad game from Wayne for them to lose.