Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. Central 53 - Knott Co. Central 41
Final from the WYMT Classic @ Perry Central.
I think the play of Klay Maggard in the 2nd half was the difference in the game
Good game to both teams...KCC came in a as the underdog to hazard even though they beat them in the first match up so i do believe they pulled a good win out of that.PCC is a very good and it seems like they had no answer for Maggard in the 2nd half...and yes i do think this game could have been different with stamper hes a great part of the points and helps Tate when hes struggling or heavily guarded
I wish Stamper would have been able to play...Congrats PCC.
Nice win for PCC
Good Game boys........I was hoping that Kcc would win but as long as we beat Hazard was good enough for me......and that Buttermilk got an award was a big W for me....
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:Good Game boys........I was hoping that Kcc would win but as long as we beat Hazard was good enough for me......and that Buttermilk got an award was a big W for me....

That's a nice thing to say after people from Hazard yelled for Knott Co. tonight.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:That's a nice thing to say after people from Hazard yelled for Knott Co. tonight.

hey that was all you all.. not kcc... we didnt ask for you all to cheer for us.. BUT i want to thank you for doing so.. I believe that with Stuart it would have been different but, we'll never know... i believe he will be back in time for the next kcc vs pcc game... ohh btw, Congrats to Buttermilk for getting an award!
Wow this was a big surprize to me:eek: .....I would have said no to kcc of not coming away with the big W......but thats the thrill in this great sport......you have a pretty good night and win......and have a not so good of a night and everthing does'nt work out and get the big L.......both teams are great.....I really did'nt think this pcc team was that good......wow they sure fooled me......congrats to you Pcc......Kcc heads up there's always the next game to prepare for...... after all when the winds of March start blowing thats going to be the most important....Big Grin again congrats to both teams.....I also would like to say good job on sportsmanship to both teams....Cool very nice.Wink
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:That's a nice thing to say after people from Hazard yelled for Knott Co. tonight.

KCC and Hazard can be rivals when they play, but can support each other when they play PCC (depending on certain fans preference because there are some on both sides that would go both ways). We really do appreciate it a lot.
PATS2011 Wrote:KCC and Hazard can be rivals when they play, but can support each other when they play PCC (depending on certain fans preference because there are some on both sides that would go both ways). We really do appreciate it a lot.

I sat right beside of Knott's pep section and yelled and clapped for KCC. I have to say I enjoyed hearing the kids in the pep section and the band. For a couple of hours I was a blue and gold Patriot. lol Congrats on being runners-up...I still think Knott should have won.
What happened to the Pats tonite? I thought it would be very close and that they could pull it out. I heard Stamper was out but both Mullins and Bartrum can play tough defense and can hit the three fairly consistently. I expected a closer game.
Congrats PCC on your win.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I sat right beside of Knott's pep section and yelled and clapped for KCC. I have to say I enjoyed hearing the kids in the pep section and the band. For a couple of hours I was a blue and gold Patriot. lol Congrats on being runners-up...I still think Knott should have won.

We appreciate the support.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I sat right beside of Knott's pep section and yelled and clapped for KCC. I have to say I enjoyed hearing the kids in the pep section and the band. For a couple of hours I was a blue and gold Patriot. lol Congrats on being runners-up...I still think Knott should have won.

And why do you think Knott should have won?
If Hazard beats Kcc and then plays JBS, Kcc fans would cheer for Hazard as well.
Hazard and Perry are bigger rivals than Hazard and Knott.
Stamper was averging around 20 or better a game, of course it made a difference. I didn't see any one who really stood out on the )PCC team. took 3 men to stop one
About what I expected. Good second half for Klay Maggard and good overall game by Tate Cox as always. Outcome more than likely would have been different with Stamper. He brings so much offense to the Pats. IMO Perry Central is now the best team in the 14th region because they won, but I think KCC will prove to be the best by seasons end.

Congrats Perry Co on winning the tourney!
nothing but net Wrote:Stamper was averging around 20 or better a game, of course it made a difference. I didn't see any one who really stood out on the )PCC team. took 3 men to stop one

No, they don't have a standout player, they have a very balanced team. They don't rely on one or two players to win games. Stamper would have made it a different game, but not necessarily a different outcome. You also need to consider that Chris Noble had a quiet night. PCC has a solid team.
the real score of this game was 53-41. it didnt take three people to stop tate. deron guarded him while they played man and jordan guarded him when they went to a box and 1. i think stuart would have helped knott but pcc would have still pulled out the victory in this game.
And as for Tate Cox... he has proven he is the best player in the 14th region. He brings it every game. If the players around him were more consistent, KCC could easily be the best in the region.
House Wrote:No, they don't have a standout player, they have a very balanced team. They don't rely on one or two players to win games. Stamper would have made it a different game, but not necessarily a different outcome. You also need to consider that Chris Noble had a quiet night. PCC has a solid team.

The reason Chris Noble had a quiet night, I think, is because of the defense that the kid Amburgey put on him. He did not get to many shots. And Amburgey and Ratliff are very consistent in their playing. Both always have around 8 or 10 pts and as many rebounds, so I don't know how you can say they are not consistent. Congratulations to Perry Central on the win, I still do not think they are the better team. I think when Knott Central plays them again on their regular schedule, and with the help of Stamper, they will prevail. Just my opinion though, I just think that Knott Central has better players. Chris Noble and Maggard and #3 are very good players though and I thought they played very well. I didn't like the referees though, I thought they could have called a better game, both ways. They just let them get too physical and I was afraid that one of the kids would be hurt. But good game and congratulations to both teams, they both did well.
This was a good game, congrads to PCC.
Based on the games I have seen KCC play during this tournament, they're good but... o-ver-rated!
Tate is no question the best in the 14th..i cant wait until march..who knows what will happen
Congrats PCC! Last night was a pretty sweet win for the dores. So proud to see you guys prove people wrong.
Again, can someone tell me where mullins and bartrum were? They have the EXPERIENCE that could have helped KCC. I wasn't there, but which one started in Stamper's place? I heard that overall neither one didn't get much PT.
Blocked Shot Wrote:Again, can someone tell me where mullins and bartrum were? They have the EXPERIENCE that could have helped KCC. I wasn't there, but which one started in Stamper's place? I heard that overall neither one didn't get much PT.

Davis started in his spot
KCC played good and Tate did all he could do, No one stepped up like they did against Hazard, Without Stuart KCC will be in big trouble against teams like PCC,LCC,Hazard. Knott county didn't play with the emotion and energy they did against Hazard. But Congrats PCC.
Overrated Wrote:KCC played good and Tate did all he could do, No one stepped up like they did against Hazard, Without Stuart KCC will be in big trouble against teams like PCC,LCC,Hazard. Knott county didn't play with the emotion and energy they did against Hazard. But Congrats PCC.

I agree they didnt play with much intensity and that could be because they did'nt have Stamper..but Tate Cox was pretty much a one man show..buttermilk and a couple others made a few good plays but without everyone contributing in a big game like that against a team like perry central its hard to come out with the win..Great win for the Dores..keep your head up Knott..i cant wait to see what happens in march
Mr.Mister Wrote:This was a good game, congrads to PCC.
Based on the games I have seen KCC play during this tournament, they're good but... o-ver-rated!

They beat Hazard by double digits and lost to PCC by what 8 points without Stamper, And you think they're overrated? WOWRolleyes . I agree a few KCC students got on here and was all excited about the addition of Tate Cox to the team, But there is no way they are overrated, They wasn't expected to even get by Hazard and they came away with a double digit win, Losing to PCC by 8 points is not bad at all especially how KCC has been struggling latley.