Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Purpose In Posting All Those Scores
Come on Stardust, there is no reason in posting all those scores everyday other than building up your posts...95% of the posters on this site couldn't care less about the majority of them...Look at all the 0 posts that are on most threads...Its hard to find the threads that people do care about for scanning over the ones we don't...

If someone wants all these scores they can go to khsaa.org and get all the scores they want...Nice effort but really pointless...
Glad someone else said it. I couldn't stand having to scroll through all of those to see what I wanted.
devil58 Wrote:Come on Stardust, there is no reason in posting all those scores everyday other than building up your posts...95% of the posters on this site couldn't care less about the majority of them...Look at all the 0 posts that are on most threads...Its hard to find the threads that people do care about for scanning over the ones we don't...

If someone wants all these scores they can go to khsaa.org and get all the scores they want...Nice effort but really pointless...

I PM'ed him and requested the exact same thing, but to no avail, I actually think he started posting more irrelevent games.Sad
It's about time someone said something lol, that is driving me crazy!!!!
I have an idea. One thread per night with all the scores he wants to put in it, it could be titled State Scores, and you could look in there for all the other scores.

But lol at the 85 posts per day. http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/member.php?u=14921
I have to agree!!! So many score postings are nonsense, that's what KHSAA scoreboards are for!

Maybe all members should flood stardust's pm inbox!!! Then he/she might realize what we are talking about!
Its fine if you want to post the scores but just add a link to the KHSAA scoreboard would be better......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
In retrospect couldn't we all just go to the KHSAA website and get our scores?

Yes maybe there are a lot of threads and maybe there are some that have some interest and some that may not. The ones that have no interest will drop quickly.

I'm sure they will drop off some in the near future but I for one am happy to see some interest from other parts of the state. The sites founder and owner originally wanted the site to grow outside it's eastern Ky starting point and we will never be able to grow unless we step out of the past and work towards the future.

Remeber we are BlueGrassRivals not EasternKentuckyRivals.

I have more comments that I will post later but this is all I wanted to add from my cell phone. To hard to type.
Midee1 Wrote:In retrospect couldn't we all just go to the KHSAA website and get our scores?

Yes maybe there are a lot of threads and maybe there are some that have some interest and some that may not. The ones that have no interest will drop quickly.

I'm sure they will drop off some in the near future but I for one am happy to see some interest from other parts of the state. The sites founder and owner originally wanted the site to grow outside it's eastern Ky starting point and we will never be able to grow unless we step out of the past and work towards the future.

Remeber we are BlueGrassRivals not EasternKentuckyRivals.

I have more comments that I will post later but this is all I wanted to add from my cell phone. To hard to type.

Very much agreed.

Look at the total views of these scores posted, that means that we are drawing some interest from members around the state or from members that are interested in that particular school or score.
I agree and understand that we want the site to grow but you guys are wrong if you believe that posting an individual thread on EVERY game played in the state is anything more than an attempt to pump up the old post total quickly...

If there are people out there interested in talking about a game they will start a thread about it...Your "if you post it they will come" theory will not grow the site...Rolleyes
I agree, Devil58. Sorry, Stardust but I think that he should post ONE thread and have all the scores in it. Look at some of the threads he's posted lately. Most of 'em only have 14 views and 1-3 posts. Most only have 5 views. You can't justify having that many threads and only that many views/posts.
devil58 Wrote:I agree and understand that we want the site to grow but you guys are wrong if you believe that posting an individual thread on EVERY game played in the state is anything more than an attempt to pump up the old post total quickly...

If there are people out there interested in talking about a game they will start a thread about it...Your "if you post it they will come" theory will not grow the site...Rolleyes

I don't believe that I said that posting a score for every single game would draw any new members.

That being said how are we going to draw new members if nothing is ever posted for any teams outside the mountains? Would you keep coming back if you were from the western part of the state and the only teams that were being discussed were Russell and Ashland?

I agree that it can be overwhelming with the amount of new threads but I know that it will calm down shortly.
Jshort5 Wrote:I agree, Devil58. Sorry, Stardust but I think that he should post ONE thread and have all the scores in it. Look at some of the threads he's posted lately. Most of 'em only have 14 views and 1-3 posts. Most only have 5 views. You can't justify having that many threads and only that many views/posts.

Sorry jshort but I diagree with this. If we are going to lump all northern ky scores into one thread then we should lump all mountain scores in one thread and all western scores into one thread.

That wouldn't be fair al all. I think the reason there are not many views on those threads are the lack of a northern ky membership. They will never come if we force them to stay to one thread.

But I would like to see more of just the high profile scores posted then if the membership dictates they can add the less popular ones as well.
I have no problem with it all. It gives an opportunity for people from around the state to discuss the games if they wish, and if not the threads will just drop to the next page and eventually be gone. Simple as that. Don't like em? Don't read em' or reply to them.

Simple as that guys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you all for the posts. Whether supported or not, please take time to see the reasoning in this thread:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=53076
Stardust you have my full support.

I for one am very interested in highschool sports from all across the state.

Who knows, your team may end up playing one of these teams from another region. This is an opportunity to learn more about them.

I would love to be able to find informaiton on every team in the state of Kentucky without leaving BGR. Its the mall theory. Everything you need in one convenient location.

I like having all of the scores there and available to comment on if I want to. If no interest is shown, then like others said, the thread will quickly fall back. Also as Stardust has stated maybe a new member will see them, stay intersted and expand all of out outlooks.

Too much information is not a bad thing.
Keep them coming Stardust.