Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCHS Coaches are let go
The JCHS boys basketball team has let their "Volentary Assistant coaches go because of lyability or something. I think this is stupid the JCHS adminastration should let The basketball program handle this..these guys put in their time and effort into helping us become better basketball players and its not fair they wont be there any more....I just want them people to know that I apprecaite everything they have done for the team...
Yea that is so dumb that they lets go of all the "unpaid" coaches just because these coaches werent getin paid they are not allowed to even sit on the bench anymore and the bad thing is they never wanted money they jus was looking to make JC a better team and they was always there for us when we needed them these guys work just as hard and put just as much time in it as the paid coaches do they show up everyday they work there butts off for the team and the team only and this is how they get paid real nice real nice
interesting, I wonder what Coach M thinks about this??? Does this mean they will be without Ward, what will they do now!!!!!!!
Who stays and who goes?
hot wheels Wrote:interesting, I wonder what Coach M thinks about this??? Does this mean they will be without Ward, what will they do now!!!!!!!

Maybe he can transfer to Paintsville and join your large staff!!!! He might need to move inside the city limits to be eligible.Smile I really think this is the best move for the boys though because these kids were getting information from so many sources. I would be a little confused. It is fine if they want to help in practice. They don't have to sit on a bench to help in some way.
Hey, Who is staying and going?
Coach Knott and both coach hurts stay...Coach Ward, Stevens, Boss, and Conley go..unfornatuly these guys are awsome people and coaches..and the boys arent happyu with this
yea this rally hurts the team alot i mean espically with ward gone he is a heck of a caoch and he pushes u to what he thinks u area capible of and that is what every player needs they were all awesome coached but they were also the players friends
piggly wiggly2012 Wrote:yea this rally hurts the team alot i mean espically with ward gone he is a heck of a caoch and he pushes u to what he thinks u area capible of and that is what every player needs they were all awesome coached but they were also the players friends

RALLY ON.
as long as the unpaid volunteers are hired as unpaid paraprofessional assistant coaches then there is no liability issue...this happens in many districts...
Wow! That has to put a little pressure on Coach M. No job is safe when a school lets go of a coach that never had a losing season.(Coach Collins baseball) I beleive I would have kept Rick though, he could help Parker more with his inside game. Thats where they need to be concentrating more. He should have a double/ double every night.
Where does this place all unpaid assistants in the elementary schools if there is a liability concern.
rally on yea
I am the only one here but I agree with this. Coach M is a great coach and only needs two asst on the bench with him during games. I am sure the guys that were let go could still volunteer to help behind the scenes.

This team has not played up to its potential and someone in administration felt like this was a way to start fixing the problem. All the guys were great, but too many experts, especially duinrg game conditons is ditractring and lets be honest, it just was not working. I am sure some will agree and some will disagree.
This needed to happen...Point blank this was not the administration's doing it was Tommy Mckenzie's! He is the head coach, what he says goes and I for one will fully support his decisions!
MonsterMan Wrote:I am the only one here but I agree with this. Coach M is a great coach and only needs two asst on the bench with him during games. I am sure the guys that were let go could still volunteer to help behind the scenes.

This team has not played up to its potential and someone in administration felt like this was a way to start fixing the problem. All the guys were great, but too many experts, especially duinrg game conditons is ditractring and lets be honest, it just was not working. I am sure some will agree and some will disagree.

I for one have to agree with you on this. I also agree that the ones that were let go were and still are great coaches. You can not have one coach telling you to shoot the three and another one getting onto you if you do...to much confusion.
Starting next year if I read it right if you don't have over 64 college hr you can't coach or help. There is a 1 yr. bypass. This will be a rule under KHSAA. Ask Coach M if he was at the state rules class? I think all coach's under Tom should pass but I thought I would throw that out there.
JC_Eagle_Alumni Wrote:This needed to happen...Point blank this was not the administration's doing it was Tommy Mckenzie's! He is the head coach, what he says goes and I for one will fully support his decisions!

Do you REALLY know what you are talking about...? Honest question, no offence, just say no if you don't.
"I just want them people to know"
"they lets go of all the "unpaid" coaches"

I think they should have kept the unpaid basketball coaches and fired the English teacher.
I just dont think its fair these guys put their time into helping us be better basketball players and after all they did..this is what they get in return? Its not fair
rally on mr. piggly!
MonsterMan Wrote:I am the only one here but I agree with this. Coach M is a great coach and only needs two asst on the bench with him during games. I am sure the guys that were let go could still volunteer to help behind the scenes.

You're not the only one. Way too much distraction with this year's team. More Indians, fewer chiefs.
I find it interesting that the school system let go the unpaid assistants and on the same day, one of the paid assistants didn't bother showing up for the game. Does all of the paid assistants make it to every practice on time? All winter sports coaches received the same notification that only paid assistants could be on the bench during games and wrestling matches. I wonder if this will affect football also?
Mr.Mister Wrote:Do you REALLY know what you are talking about...? Honest question, no offence, just say no if you don't.

Yes I do know. This is over now and JC will move forward with only the paid assistants. This was NOT the administrations doing, only the head coach. It is for the better of the team and needed to happen.
None of the coaches let go are mad, they are all friends and understand why this had to happen. You can't have 2 or 3 coaches telling a player one thing and 2 or 3 coaches telling them something else.
JC_Eagle_Alumni Wrote:Yes I do know. This is over now and JC will move forward with only the paid assistants. This was NOT the administrations doing, only the head coach. It is for the better of the team and needed to happen.
None of the coaches let go are mad, they are all friends and understand why this had to happen. You can't have 2 or 3 coaches telling a player one thing and 2 or 3 coaches telling them something else.

If it was not the administrators policy why was a letter given to the all of the winter sports coaches saying the same thing. If it would have been just the basketball coach, then they would not have needed to give the other coaches a letter. Does that mean also, the principle gave his self a letter? lol
From what I hear, all the coaches that were let go can still volunteer and help Tommy in practice, just not sit on the bench during the games. Tommy is a smart enough coach to handle in game decisions. This is the best thing for the program, case closed.
MonsterMan Wrote:From what I hear, all the coaches that were let go can still volunteer and help Tommy in practice, just not sit on the bench during the games. Tommy is a smart enough coach to handle in game decisions. This is the best thing for the program, case closed.

Wow, didn't mean to touch off a nerve with you but too many people are telling more stories than what is being said on here. This site was brought up as one reason for this happening.
OutsideLogic Wrote:This site was brought up as one reason for this happening.

Smile That's the best thing I've heard all day. This site involved with a school's decision to let go assistant coaches or something? WOW. What's next, local Dairy Queen's housing coffee drinkers and armchair coaches?
jammin' jamey Wrote:Smile That's the best thing I've heard all day. This site involved with a school's decision to let go assistant coaches or something? WOW. What's next, local Dairy Queen's housing coffee drinkers and armchair coaches?

Smile
OutsideLogic Wrote:Wow, didn't mean to touch off a nerve with you but too many people are telling more stories than what is being said on here. This site was brought up as one reason for this happening.

Coffee Shops and these internet sites are where all great wanabe coaches gather and gossip. IMO, this is something that needed to be done and it is over. By the way, I think the reason it was done was the recent performance of JC, does that not make more sense?