Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Chad Johnson Jersey: Why?
Hmmm, does anyone else find this interesting?

from the Cincinnati Bengals Shop: http://proshop.bengals.com/

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]FREE NO. 85 JERSEY!

For a limited time for every $50 spent, receive a No. 85 Johnson or No. 85 Ocho Cinco Jersey FREE! Spend your $50 and select any size of No. 85 jersey you want. Spend $100 and select two.
And so on... [/COLOR]

Has the economy gotten so bad, that the Bengals Shop is attemtping to draw business with this offer? If you spend $50 at the store, they will give a Chad jersey for free? This Jersey did sell at the Pro-Shop for $80 during the season. So, are they tryint to clean inventory and attract business by giving away on of the best selling items of all-time?

OR

Has someone been told to dump the inventory while they can because of a potential pre-draft day trade? Once Ocho Cinco is no longer a Bengal, his jersey will sit at the shop like the Rudi jersey's that they can't get rid of.

I smell a consipiracy. How would you feel if you duped into the deal if it turns out to be the case???
I'd say Chad's days might be numbered but it could be just a ploy to make him seem expendable.
guyfawkes Wrote:I'd say Chad's days might be numbered but it could be just a ploy to make him seem expendable.

But why? He's signed through 2012. It's not like the Bengals are preparing for negotiations. Making him seem expendable is oppisite of what I would want to do if I thought I was going to trade him. I would want to build him up as being the greatest receiver since Rice if they want to get anything for him.
No one would pay for one so they pretty much have to give them away...this is something else..lol