Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best PG is Brandon Campbell
Care to elaborate on the point of this thread?
You might want to elaborate on the subject a little bit.
Jinx.
Those are some big words with no backup....I've never even heard the name Brandon Campbell. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'd have to guess 99.9% of the people on this board would disagree with this statement.
Who is Brandon Campbell?
If its the same Brandon Campbell im thinking of then he plays at wolfe county..i see no reason why he would be the best pg...hes a good player hes quick..and if its the same person this thread is about then he also has a bad attitude and is quick to raise his temper..i watched him run behind a lee co player a year ago in just a scrimmage game and attempt 3 times to punch him finally connecting on the 3rd one as the lee co player turned around..he was mad over a call that was called in favor of wolfe co on an illegal screen...
if it is the one i'm thinking of, honestly he is a little better than horrible
Sorry you are wrong that would be JK Hall from JC.
Best PG in the state is Ethan Faulkner from Elliott Co. IMO.
if this is the same one we are talking about from wolfe co i wouldnt even call him the best pg in his district
The best PG's in KY:

1. G'lawn Gwenn - Scott Co.
2. Scott McKenty - Marshall County
3. Wesley Cox - Ballard
4. Jamel Riley - Holmes

These are the players who are "Can't miss" D1 point guards from the state
Stardust Wrote:The best PG's in KY:

1. G'lawn Gwenn - Scott Co.
2. Scott McKenty - Marshall County
3. Wesley Cox - Ballard
4. Jamel Riley - Holmes

These are the players who are "Can't miss" D1 point guards from the state

Brandon Campbell....Never heard of him, so I would disagree, if he were that good, more people would know him and I believe I would have heard of him.

Stardust, I know G'lawn is listed as a point guard but he never plays point for Scott Co. Chad Jackson is the point guard for Scott Co. Games that I've seen, G'lawn doesn't even handle the ball he usually plays the 3. It's easy to watch a Scott Co. game, it's either on Channel 27 WKYT2 or www.wazoosports.com, seems like every game they play is either on the net or televised.

IMO the best PG's in the state are, in no particular order...

Cox - Ballard
Jackson - Scott Co.
Faulkner - Elliott
Middleton - Mason Co.
Cox - KCC
Justice - Shelby Valley
Whitaker - Hazard
Thomas - Jeffersontown
Johnson - Grayson Co.
Riley - Holmes
Stewart - Henry Clay
I think that at another time, Campbell would be considered one of the better guards in the region. He is a scrappy kid, good defender and can offense the ball. He is a very solid player and could play alot for most teams in the 14th.

Unfortunately for him, he happens to be in a region that has Whitaker, Cox, Stamper, Cacklin, Banks, Blair, Charles and several other very good guards that play on higher profile teams.
goodguy Wrote:Brandon Campbell....Never heard of him, so I would disagree, if he were that good, more people would know him and I believe I would have heard of him.

Stardust, I know G'lawn is listed as a point guard but he never plays point for Scott Co. Chad Jackson is the point guard for Scott Co. Games that I've seen, G'lawn doesn't even handle the ball he usually plays the 3. It's easy to watch a Scott Co. game, it's either on Channel 27 WKYT2 or www.wazoosports.com, seems like every game they play is either on the net or televised.

Cox - Ballard
Jackson - Scott Co.
Faulkner - Elliott
Middleton - Mason Co.
Cox - KCC
Justice - Shelby Valley
Whitaker - Hazard
Thomas - Jeffersontown
Johnson - Grayson Co.
Riley - Holmes
Stewart - Henry Clay

Very good list.
racer4life Wrote:Very good list.

Thanks!
goodguy Wrote:Brandon Campbell....Never heard of him, so I would disagree, if he were that good, more people would know him and I believe I would have heard of him.

Cox - Ballard
Jackson - Scott Co.
Faulkner - Elliott
Middleton - Mason Co.
Cox - KCC
Justice - Shelby Valley
Whitaker - Hazard
Thomas - Jeffersontown
Johnson - Grayson Co.
Riley - Holmes
Stewart - Henry Clay

Now these are names I have actually heard of.:thumpsup:

I also agree that this is a very good list. Would be mine as well except for Thomas above Whitaker.

Cox - Ballard
Jackson - Scott Co.
Faulkner - Elliott
Middleton - Mason Co.
Cox - KCC
Justice - Shelby Valley
Whitaker - Hazard
Thomas - Jeffersontown
Johnson - Grayson Co.
Riley - Holmes
Stewart - Henry Clay

Great post. One I would dispute.

I know G'Lawn is being recruited as a PG and is listed as so in the recruiting pubs, but I understand your point. It's very similar with Middleton with Mason Co. Setty primarily plays the point for MC, but it is Russ who is listed as a PG.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Now these are names I have actually heard of.:thumpsup:

I also agree that this is a very good list. Would be mine as well except for Thomas above Whitaker.

I didn't rate them in any order. I said that above the list, you must have just missed it.Smile
They all are too close in talent to list in any order. Each of them do so much for their team.
goodguy Wrote:I didn't rate them in any order. I said that above the list, you must have just missed it.Smile
They all are too close in talent to list in any order. Each of them do so much for their team.

I did miss that. I apologize. I also agree that everyone you named are the bread-and-butter of their respected teams.
Brandon is a good player and a true point. He does most of the ball handling and sets up the plays for his team. Despite playing point he uses his speed to slash to the goal and score when necessary. His greatest weakness is a lack of height but his speed and athleticism allows him to score over taller players inside. Although many of you on here haven't heard of him, opposing coaches and players in the 14th region are very aware of him. Brandon probably isn't the best point guard in this region but he is a solid player. He has won MVP in the district tournament on 2 occasions and has played in the regional all-stars as a sophmore and a junior.
mountaindo Wrote:Brandon is a good player and a true point. He does most of the ball handling and sets up the plays for his team. Despite playing point he uses his speed to slash to the goal and score when necessary. His greatest weakness is a lack of height but his speed and athleticism allows him to score over taller players inside. Although many of you on here haven't heard of him, opposing coaches and players in the 14th region are very aware of him. Brandon probably isn't the best point guard in this region but he is a solid player. He has won MVP in the district tournament on 2 occasions and has played in the regional all-stars as a sophmore and a junior.

are you sure that he has won district tourny MVP on 2 occasions because best i remember i dont think the 55th district gives any individual awards out in the tourny and besided i highly doubt that he would have got MVP last year due to the fact that it was a breathitt/jackson district final
You may be correct. I believe it was the Ky National Guard Player of the Game for the district game, 2008. Sorry about that.