Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 55 - Letcher Co. Central 50
Final from Perry County Central High.

The game was never in doubt as Clay County simply outplayed LCC in nearly every aspect of the game. The Tigers did miss a ton of free throws down the stretch which kept the game closer than what it really was as the Cougars could never get in any real rhythm mostly because of Clay's 2-3 matchup zone defense which really kept Blair & Proffitt from getting any open looks. Give LCC credit though because they played hard and never give up.

Congrats Tigers!
Congrats Clay Co.
Congrats Clay Co., nice win
Cc 17 10 9 19 55
Lc 8 9 8 25 50

Cc16-40 3-8 20-32
Lc 17-50 4-19 12-20

Cc
Wilson 15 Pts 6 Rebs
Roberts 10 Pts
Hooker 8 Pts 6 Rebs 3 Blks
Lc
Banks 16 Pts 10 Rebs 4 Assists
Blair 10 Pts 6 Assists 3 Steals
Proffit 8 Pts
Congrats Clay.
Good Job Clay!:letsparty
Congrats Clay, hang in there LCC
I had the margin of victory right but just the wrong score. Clay was in control from start to finish. Clay is very tough and will make some noise back in the 13th.
I did not expect this, congrats Clay County!
I thought Hooker was the difference in this game. I thought he should have got player of the game. He played a awesome game and serval awesome blocks. Just like BCA said Clay just outplayed LCC and the 2-3 match up took away the preimeter game for Blair and Profitt.

Congrats Tigers beat the Commodores friday!!!
congrats Clay.
LCC has to get tougher mentally and physically. They have to play intense the whole game and not just the 4th qtr. Still, they are 9-2 so it's not time to abandon ship just yet. 1st really bad showing they have had . Let's see how they bounce back against East Ridge Thursday.
tough loss, but lcc has a good team, they will bounce back.
Congrats to Clay they played well. LCC never got any looks for Profitt and Blair.
The match up zone pretty much shut them down, look for other teams to do the same thing to them the rest of the year. Coach Justice and company need to come up with a good zone offense to get ready for this later in the year.
Congrats Clay County on the win.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:The match up zone pretty much shut them down, look for other teams to do the same thing to them the rest of the year. Coach Justice and company need to come up with a good zone offense to get ready for this later in the year.
Not many teams can play a zone defense as effectively as Clay did. They have both size and athleticism.
Thought LCC would get the win, but congrats to Clay Co. on the W!!