Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's soon JC VS ASHLAND
I think this will be a battle and a great game but I also think it will decide the district champ

JC: by 12
Come on guys post someing I NEED 20 post so i can play the games
I think the JC/Ashland game will be a great game. But right now it's still a three way race for the district title with JC, Ashland and Mason Co.
Old School Wrote:I think the JC/Ashland game will be a great game. But right now it's still a three way race for the district title with JC, Ashland and Mason Co.

amen lets worry about LC then we will see about JC becuase anything can still happen.
Just giving JC something to read since they dont have a game this week
Its way too early to predict right now, but from what I have gathered, I would go with ashland, sure I am biased but, a team with a very fast defense loaded with skilled positions should prevail, not to take anything away from jc, all I have heard is blume this and blume that. this will be a very good game, probobly the district championship, played at putnam. ashland will have to play both halves to perfection. Dont leave out mason, very impressive team. they get rollin' watch out.
Elm street Wrote:Its way too early to predict right now, but from what I have gathered, I would go with ashland, sure I am biased but, a team with a very fast defense loaded with skilled positions should prevail, not to take anything away from jc, all I have heard is blume this and blume that. this will be a very good game, probobly the district championship, played at putnam. ashland will have to play both halves to perfection. Dont leave out mason, very impressive team. they get rollin' watch out.

JC is not a one man team by any means!!! Blume could not have gained that much yardage without a great O-line. They also have 2 other very good backs along with a tough qb. Their deffense has been getting better each week.
Elm street Wrote:Its way too early to predict right now, but from what I have gathered, I would go with ashland, sure I am biased but, a team with a very fast defense loaded with skilled positions should prevail, not to take anything away from jc, all I have heard is blume this and blume that. this will be a very good game, probobly the district championship, played at putnam. ashland will have to play both halves to perfection. Dont leave out mason, very impressive team. they get rollin' watch out.

JC is not a one man team!!!! Blume could not have had a season like this without a great o-line. They have 2 other very good backs in Grim and Johnson. Music is a top notch qb and the deffense is getting better each week
Ashland needs to stay clear of this thread until this Friday after the game, we still have a huge date with Lawrence County in Louisa to contend with.
I think I will leave this discussion until next week. right now its lc, and they seem to be coming alive rapidly.
I agree Ashland needs to take care of business this wk. JCHS needs to focus on the extra wk. of practice to get ready for a District Champ. game!
Tough Turf Wrote:I think this will be a battle and a great game but I also think it will decide the district champ

JC: by 12
tb15 Wrote:I agree Ashland needs to take care of business this wk. JCHS needs to focus on the extra wk. of practice to get ready for a District Champ. game!
This game is at ASHLAND isnt it?
I am seriosuly thinking about seeing if some of my buddies want to make the drive down there and watch this game IT shoudl be a VERY VERY exciting game......
football05 Wrote:This game is at ASHLAND isnt it?
I am seriosuly thinking about seeing if some of my buddies want to make the drive down there and watch this game IT shoudl be a VERY VERY exciting game......

Oh I agree it be exciting if nothing else. But I still have to pull for the Eagles. Its time they have a chance at going farther than just regular season. :Cheerlead
Johnson Central is getting some much deserved hype. But, IMO, they are still underrated. Mr. Blume is very fast, but my God, look at the holes the line makes for him. The offensive line and their very good and improving defense is what makes this team.

JCHS-35
Ashland-21
I am going with Jchs in a close one....
why why why is this thread up we play LC L not J yet J is next week.
:rock: calm down this game JC and ASHLAND will be soon
And I cant wait.....good luck this week:Second:
lets not forget about the man wearing the headset as of matney's last season with sheldon clark he was the only coach to have a winning record against ashland if i am not mistaken
matney's prodigy might be able to help me with this?
cool
is that true
football05 Wrote:This game is at ASHLAND isnt it?

Yes, the game will be played at Ashland. If you do decide to make the trip to Ashland, make sure you let us Tomcat faithful know.
Ashlands Defense is tough. Blume could be held to his lowest rushing yards this season in this game.
I was the greatest Wrote:lets not forget about the man wearing the headset as of matney's last season with sheldon clark he was the only coach to have a winning record against ashland if i am not mistaken
matney's prodigy might be able to help me with this?

There are a few other coaches with a winning record against Ashland, but Matney is one of them. If I remember correctly, Matney has played Ashland 3 times and has 2-1 record. Sheldon one the first in a blowout. Ashland won the second in a blowout. And Sheldon won the third in a very good intense game.
the record is about that close but i thought they had played more games than that earlier in the mid 90's
I was the greatest Wrote:the record is about that close but i thought they had played more games than that earlier in the mid 90's

Ashland and Sheldon didn't play in the mid 90's to the best of my knowledge. Is there another team he may have coached for and played Ashland.
Matney is 3-1 all time against Ashland. They were in the same district for 4 years("99" SC- 14 ;APB- 0/ "00" SC-48 ;APB-0/ "01" SC- 0 ; APB- 42/ "02" SC- 28 ; APB-26). "99" & "01" were at Putnam where as "00" & "02" were at the Rock. Matney has outscored Ashland 90-68 in only 4 meetings.
I think this is the game that decides the district championship and as good as Ashland's defense is I don't think they have what it takes to slow down the Eagles rushing attack. I have heard alot about Ashlands speed on defense, but they have not yet seen speed like Blume has. The game being at Putnam will give Ashland a slight edge there, but the crowd Central brings will be enough to overcome that IMO. I think this game will be hard fought all the way through, but in the end I think Central pulls it out. I never go against Coach Matney when he has 2 weeks to prepare. NEVER..

Johnson Central: 35
Ashland: 21

That being said Ashland had better watch out for Lawrence this is a big, physical, athletic football team and playing at the dog pound can make a huge diffrence. I think Ashland is the better team, but better not look forward to JC and not see LC.
but that 3rd game in inez was a classic wasn't it i got the clippings at the house lord how i miss the good ole days lol.
nope he was at sc for 22 years but i do believe they played at least 4 years in a row they redraw the district every 2 years if i am not mistaken and they redid the district the year after we played at inez so that means they redid the district the year before the blowout in ashland and after the blowout in inez....so..........by my figuring they had to play once before the blowout in inez