Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. 100 - Riverside Christian 12
Thoughts?:mad:
Riverside should've played better D
bet this game went down to a last second shot
Ouch!

Elliott should have pulled their varsity, jv, and freshman out in the second quarter.

They actually probably did.Smile
Why run the score up for...I don't get it, they should have at least a little more respect, at least the team came and played them
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Ouch!

Elliott should have pulled their varsity, jv, and freshman out in the second quarter.

its Estill Co. not Elliott Co.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Ouch!

Estill Co.
sacbunt Wrote:Estill Co.

My fault. I don't know why I typed Elliott:p
Why even schedule this game in the first place???
Isn't there a point when people form the stands are allowed to play. I'm sure someone other than a Estill County player could have been in this game to make this score look more decent.
Ouch!
Lion Crazy Wrote:Why run the score up for...I don't get it, they should have at least a little more respect, at least the team came and played them
No starter played over 7 minutes and only one starter broke double figures. When the game was scheduled Riverside had won 9 games the previous year. I don't think anything could be done to prevent this.
16 players played in the first quarter for estill.
Estill shouldn't be scheduling Riverside in the first place. That little school probly don't have 25 to 30 kids enrolled. Many years they'll start out with a baseball team and have to drop their schedule halfway through the season. They've never had to do that in basketball, but it's nearly happened a few times.

Secondly, I would put the cheerleaders in the game before beating someone this bad. Or at least tell the players to run through their sets multiple times before taking a shot. There's ways of holding the score down to make it not look so bad.
But the best answer is to not schedule them.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Estill shouldn't be scheduling Riverside in the first place. That little school probly don't have 25 to 30 kids enrolled. Many years they'll start out with a baseball team and have to drop their schedule halfway through the season. They've never had to do that in basketball, but it's nearly happened a few times.

Secondly, I would put the cheerleaders in the game before beating someone this bad. Or at least tell the players to run through their sets multiple times before taking a shot. There's ways of holding the score down to make it not look so bad.

Your right, I think Riverside only has like 3 or 4 highschoolers on the team this year. I think most are 7th and 8th graders. Im sure when Estill scheduled it, they didnt know RS would be this bad because they had a 10x better team last season but lost all the talnet they did have but No need in running up the score and winning by 88pts.
No need in running it up this bad
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Estill shouldn't be scheduling Riverside in the first place. That little school probly don't have 25 to 30 kids enrolled. Many years they'll start out with a baseball team and have to drop their schedule halfway through the season. They've never had to do that in basketball, but it's nearly happened a few times.

I am sure the scheduling will not happen again. But to ask kids who will not see any more varsity minutes to not play hard - is not right. Whenever there is a lopsided score like this somebody gets on crying foul and I'm sure in some cases the score is intentionally run up. THis is not the case in this game. The young players played zone defense and rebounded on the offensive end - if that is running up the score then so be it.
The way I see it this is nobody's fault except Riverside Christian's. If they can't be more competitive they shouldn't field a team or at least limit their schedule to other small christian schools. I realize people say that they feel bad for the Riverside players, but truth is the Riverside players must not care very much or they would practice harder and become better. 12 points against Estill? Estill isn't even that good.
there is no need in beating someone this bad! Ever! under any circumstance! I think this shows really low class IMO
PHS#1 Wrote:there is no need in beating someone this bad! Ever! under any circumstance! I think this shows really low class IMO

Should the kids that never see the court for Estill be forced to hold the ball? I think that would be the real crime. You can't tell a kid not to score. If Estill had pressed the whole game that would have been wrong, but they went to the bench early.
Every year when people play Riverside and teams like them these threads always pop up. If you beat a team by this much you will always alienate people so I think the best thing to do is if you are a decent team just let Riverside play other small schools like the David School, Piarist, and such...
I'm sure when Riverside schedules people they know that there is going to be some scores that get out of hand. Let them schedule who they want. If the kids from Riverside can take it then I'm sure a bunch of people on the internet can.

And to answer and earlier post. No, the subs for Estill shouldn't be asked to just hold onto the ball. They should play basketball the way they were taught. If the starters are pulled then it is not running up the score.
PHS#1 Wrote:there is no need in beating someone this bad! Ever! under any circumstance! I think this shows really low class IMO
To me, it's just as low class to play a competitor and keep the score lower just to appease them. If I were a coach and knew a team didn't play up to their ability just to keep from running the score up on me, I would be just as upset as getting pounded.
FBALL Wrote:I'm sure when Riverside schedules people they know that there is going to be some scores that get out of hand. Let them schedule who they want. If the kids from Riverside can take it then I'm sure a bunch of people on the internet can.

And to answer and earlier post. No, the subs for Estill shouldn't be asked to just hold onto the ball. They should play basketball the way they were taught. If the starters are pulled then it is not running up the score.

Agreed. Thats my opinion also.
FBALL Wrote:I'm sure when Riverside schedules people they know that there is going to be some scores that get out of hand. Let them schedule who they want. If the kids from Riverside can take it then I'm sure a bunch of people on the internet can.

Great post FBALL. You can't tell your players to not play. Though you can pull the D back to inside the 3-line, no M2M, and no fast breaks. Other than that, what can you do? You don't stop shooting the ball, and to go four corners is not fair to RC as well.
Maybe Riverside Christian would like to be on our schedule at Paintsville.
I hate it when teams run up the score like that. Have some respect Estill County Coaches, would you like to get beat like that.
its not estill's fault the score was ran up so much..they are out there to play ball not sit around just bc another team cant keep up in the talent doesnt mean that u have to take it easy on them...i understand the fact that they dont have many players and its not their fault in the lack of talent but u can just tell a team not to play ball...especially when its the underclassmen playing most of the game..freshmen and 8th graders..really
Tiger77 Wrote:Maybe Riverside Christian would like to be on our schedule at Paintsville.

They are.

On Feb. 3 Paintsville travels to Riverside Christian.
Sounds like it was a competitive game...
WOW

Riverside Christian 2 5 2 3 12

Estill Co. 24 19 27 30 100

82 Food Mart Classic at Estill Co.
Riverside Christian (0-8) -- Robinson 5, Ramey 2, Daniels 2, Moore 3.
Estill Co. (5-8) -- Cackling 12, Hoover 9, Singleton 6, Walling 5, Wiseman 6, Coffey 7, Hammons 6, Williams 6, Roberts 12, Berryman 12, Abernathy 2, Birchfield 3, Covey 8, Davidson 5, Toler 1.

15 players scored for Estill, who came in with a losing record themselves. I would assume that the first five players were the starters, thus only 38 points were scored by there starters.

At least Riverside put up points in each quarter.