Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Eastern Kentucky Boys Basketball Top 20 (Jan. 2)
BGR's EKY Top 20 Jan. 2

1. Elliott County
2. Shelby Valley
3. Corbin
4. South Laurel
5. Perry Co. Central
6. Knott Co. Central
7. Hazard
8. West Carter
9. Letcher Co. Central
(T) Fairview
(T) Middlesboro
12. Clay County
13. Knox Central
14. Ashland Blazer
15. East Carter
16. Wayne County
17. Bell County
18. Bath County
19. June Buchanan
20. Phelps
Letcher Central starts the new year at 9-1.
Windsprint Wrote:Letcher Central starts the new year at 9-1.

Phelps getting some attention also, I think they are 8 and 0.
dortonite Wrote:Phelps getting some attention also, I think they are 8 and 0.

Yeah they are 8-0. The record looks good, but only having played 2 weak region teams and weak out-of-state opponents does not tell you how good they are yet. I think they know what kind of team they are but I'm not exactly sure yet. They are traveling to Betsy Layne tonight, their first true test of the season. This game should give everyone an idea of how good they can be.
11 point loss for Phelps tonight and the tests continue against Belfry and East Ridge before hitting Betsy Layne again. The rest of their schedule will be some competition with the exception of the WV teams.

Looks pretty good to me.
kybaseball Wrote:Looks pretty good to me.

A very important game tomorrow involving Shelby Valley after their return from Fla. Will give everyone an indication of how they will actually do in the region. Also we will be able to hear how Elisha Justice's shoulder is doing?
Phelps is 8-1 now. They lost to Betsy Layne.
Corbin should be ahead of Shelby Valley after they beat Lex. Cath.
Uncle Fester Wrote:Corbin should be ahead of Shelby Valley after they beat Lex. Cath.

Until Valley loses to an in-state school, they don't move.
This isn't a comment, it's a question........Elliott is ranked number 1 in both the CJ and LHL......How long has it been since an Eastern Ky school has had this honor???? I'm gonna guess Clay Co. had it in the late eighties.......Can anyone confirm or deny this? Either way, its good to see schools in this area get props!
letthebighogroot Wrote:This isn't a comment, it's a question........Elliott is ranked number 1 in both the CJ and LHL......How long has it been since an Eastern Ky school has had this honor???? I'm gonna guess Clay Co. had it in the late eighties.......Can anyone confirm or deny this? Either way, its good to see schools in this area get props!

That's a good question, but I'd say that South Laurel has had it most recently and Paintsville may have had it during the '96 season.
I'm sorry but JBS should not be in here, there a good efficient team but not top 20 in eastern kentucky.
Big changes on the way in the EKY Top 20.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Big changes on the way in the EKY Top 20.

Alfus21 could you elaborate some? What is your top 20? What changes would you make from the original 20?
alfus21 Wrote:Big changes on the way in the EKY Top 20.

You have everyone anxious!!!! I thought we wer going to see these at 9:00 :goofy: