Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
69.39%
Louisville
30.61%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Louisville (Predictions)
king360 Wrote:Porter wont see much time..he will definantly buckle

You do realize that Porter's play has been a big reason that UK has been playing so well of late don't you? He controls the tempo of the game as the point gaurd and may be the best perimeter defender on the team. If Porter has a bad game UK loses big.
FBALL Wrote:You do realize that Porter's play has been a big reason that UK has been playing so well of late don't you? He controls the tempo of the game as the point gaurd and may be the best perimeter defender on the team. If Porter has a bad game UK loses big.

His play does not effect UK by as much as you're saying. He is doing a decent job at the Point for the Cats and a pretty solid defender. I don't think his play will influence the result of the game unless he has a break out game. I look for Meeks to shoot the ball well from the beginning and end up with about 20 points and Patterson to record another double-double. I would like to see another spark from Landon Slone off the bench like the last two games so the Cats can get it going early and control the tempo at a balanced pace. I predict the Cats win by a score of 70-62.
Kentucky 76-72
uk-73
ul-68
patterson has a big game
Now thats what im talking about, this is another sign Kentucky is back, I look through the threads and all of us Kentucky fans are sticking strong and backing are team believing UK is gonna win. This is great we could easily say Loserville is gonna win just cause the experts are going to probally pick them but we, we know how good are Cats are and thats all that matters to us! GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS GET ANOTHER WIN SUNDAY!!!!!
I hope UK wins but Id say UofL by 6.

It all depends on Sosa. If he plays alot UK wins, if he dont UofL will.
Loserville did look horrible against UNLV.
The way the Cards have been playing, I'm picking UK.
We will see exactly how much Porter has "progressed" because Louisville has great full court pressure...if the Cats have turnover problems, it will be a long game....If they can take care of the basketball I see them winning by 8
Home court advantage and Louisville press beats Kentucky by 6-8 in this game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Louisville has not played well of late, but I foresee Pitino getting the troops ready for UK. Though this has the makings of an upset by UK, I think Louisville's D and second shot capabilities will prevail. Louisville by 10.
Ville by 10+. Because they flat out are the better team.
Kentucky - 78
(18) Louisville - 71
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK by 7 Good Luck Wildcats....
If Kentucky don't come out flat and let UL get out by 15 I think the Cats will come out with a win.... If they come out flat and get down by 15 or so I think it will be a long game.......
Porter needs to ride the pine. Meeks and Patterson need to put up big numbers. Slone needs to get a lot of playing time. Watch the turnovers and let the boys shoot the lights of out it.

The Wildcats by 9 in a close, well played game I hope.

outdoorsman43 Wrote:His play does not effect UK by as much as you're saying. He is doing a decent job at the Point for the Cats and a pretty solid defender. I don't think his play will influence the result of the game unless he has a break out game. I look for Meeks to shoot the ball well from the beginning and end up with about 20 points and Patterson to record another double-double. I would like to see another spark from Landon Slone off the bench like the last two games so the Cats can get it going early and control the tempo at a balanced pace. I predict the Cats win by a score of 70-62.
I don't see him having a breakout game against Louisville. For UK to have a chance though I do think he has to have a steady game.
thetribe Wrote:Porter needs to ride the pine. Meeks and Patterson need to put up big numbers. Slone needs to get a lot of playing time. Watch the turnovers and let the boys shoot the lights of out it.

The Wildcats by 9 in a close, well played game I hope.
If Porter rides the pine then who plays the point?

Slone is not quick enough or a good enough ball handler. His role is hustle and spot up shooting.

Liggins is as talented as they come but continues to struggle with decision making.

For Meeks to shoot lights out and Patterson to be effective in the paint UK needs Porter to play point and play well.
vundy33 Wrote:UK 70
UofL59

Because UofL is horrible, overrated, horribly overrated, and I hate them.

thats funny..
FBALL Wrote:If Porter rides the pine then who plays the point?

Slone is not quick enough or a good enough ball handler. His role is hustle and spot up shooting.

Liggins is as talented as they come but continues to struggle with decision making.

For Meeks to shoot lights out and Patterson to be effective in the paint UK needs Porter to play point and play well.

Liggins is way better than Porter..i think the outcome of them game could be decided with the amount of PT porter sees if he plays a lot ill take the Cards..if not..Cats by 3
queen360 Wrote:Liggins is way better than Porter..i think the outcome of them game could be decided with the amount of PT porter sees if he plays a lot ill take the Cards..if not..Cats by 3
I don't have the words. So Rolleyes
FBALL Wrote:I don't have the words. So Rolleyes

How about these words...Porter is Horrible
dore20 Wrote:Ville by 10+. Because they flat out are the better team.

They were also the better team against the three teams that beat them. WKU, UNLV, and Minnesota. Your argument is not the least bit convincing.
UK has always and most likely always will be a second half team....if U of L does get a lead in the first, which i figure they will....they need to watch out in the second half....Freedom Hall will be packed!!!

UK by 3
Porter has played very well over the past few games, and has proven to be the best PG we have right now. Any of you that think different really have no idea what you're talking about. And to say Louisville is flat out better, is an overstatement. Yes they are very athletic, but they have no one that can shoot the ball. I'd say BCG will run a zone to keep them from driving and force them to make perimeter shots, which I don't think they can do consistently.
blackcat Wrote:Porter has played very well over the past few games, and has proven to be the best PG we have right now. Any of you that think different really have no idea what you're talking about. And to say Louisville is flat out better, is an overstatement. Yes they are very athletic, but they have no one that can shoot the ball. I'd say BCG will run a zone to keep them from driving and force them to make perimeter shots, which I don't think they can do consistently.

I agree that Porter is the most consistent PG UK has (though I would not go so far as to say than anyone elses opinion that differs means they don't know what they are talking about Wink ). I would love for Liggins to be the man, but his game is just too inconsistent. He shows flashes of greatness, then he shows how much of a selfish freshman that he can be 5 minutes later. I know it is driving BG nuts, but that's what you get with Blue Chippers every now and then.

Jai Lucas could have been the guy to put UK in the top 20. But, since we don't have him, Porter is going to have to carry the load and UK will have to struggle and hope that Liggins gets it. BG has tried to keep Liggins in the game and work himself out of things, but when it hurts the overall betterment of the team, he has no choice but to pull him.
Stardust Wrote:(though I would not go so far as to say than anyone elses opinion that differs means they don't know what they are talking about Wink ).

I was only referring to our PG situation, which I believe to say that Porter is terrible, or that he shouldn't be on the court right now, the person is either blind or has no basketball IQ at all. :Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:How about these words...Porter is Horrible

They say all I need to know.
blackcat Wrote:I was only referring to our PG situation, which I believe to say that Porter is terrible, or that he shouldn't be on the court right now, the person is either blind or has no basketball IQ at all. :Thumbs:

I agree with you.
Why is everyone giving Liggins a hard time ,he is a freshman!!!!!! he will get it together trust me its kind of hard for a freshman to come into college and do good without having another PG who knows the college game and can teach the younger guy. So relax Liggins is just going to have to devlop the harder way and I hope he gets into his game soon but we have already seen that he has major potental so just relax and he will come around.
I think Louisville will come at the UK guards will ball pressure and I think this will be the deciding factor in this game. UK doesn't have the talent at the guard position besides Meeks to break this pressure. Both team are awful but I think UofL wins by 8 in an UGLY one.