Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott Co. 77 - Pickering, ON 69
The Elliott County Lions knock off the #1 team in Ontario, Canada by 8 @ the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Evan Faulkner finished with 29pts.

Congrats Lions!
Elliott advances to the championship of the Consolation Bracket... Played the last 4 minutes of a nip/tuck game without their leader Ethan Faulkner.....Great game Lions!!!!!!
How'd Ferguson do.
Congrats to ElliottCO.
Jonathon finished 9-15 overall and 5-10 from 3, finished with 24 points in 26 minutes. Elliott plays tomm. at 1:45 against Southside in the Consolation Bracket Championship. Hope they do well!
Good Job Elliott...
Southside (SC), the team EC plays tomm. are the reigning AA State Champions in South Carolina,and are lead by 6 Seniors and & 7 Juniors, including 2 D1 signees. Should be another good test for the Lions.
Thats Kentucky Basketball...most kentucky teams have beaten the teams from different states so far
king360 Wrote:Thats Kentucky Basketball...most kentucky teams have beaten the teams from different states so far

I agree that Ky. Highschool basketball is top notch! As an Elliott fan and resident though I think Elliott is the only one in the state that has 2 victories over teams ranked number 1 in their respective states or province/country........IN THE LAST 9 DAYS!
Way to go Elliott, They are just a few made shots in being 3-0 in the tourney.Elliott is representing the 16th region and the state well.:Thumbs:
EC's scoring was considerably lower than their forays thusfar.
The Lions are on the prowl, and ready to win tomorrow. Elliott by a bucket.
Pickering was a very athletic and very deep team. That was a pretty impressive win consider Ethan Faulkner's foul trouble.

Timmy Knipp needs to step up and give a more consistant effort though. He tends to hang his head if something goes wrong.

The announcers on the webcast absolutely have fallen in love with the Faulkner twins and how hard and smart they play the game of basketball.
Stardust Wrote:EC's scoring was considerably lower than their forays thusfar.

I have to agree...........This was simply the #1 team in Canada!!!! How many should they have scored against the best team from another country Stardust??????? Give us a spread!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would hate to be happy for these kids if they were to beat another very solid team that didn't happen to meet your expectations! At what level would you like these kids to perform?????????????
letthebighogroot Wrote:I have to agree...........This was simply the #1 team in Canada!!!! How many should they have scored against the best team from another country Stardust??????? Give us a spread!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would hate to be happy for these kids if they were to beat another very solid team that didn't happen to meet your expectations! At what level would you like these kids to perform?????????????
Settle down there big guy. Nobody was trying to take anything away from Elliott County.
FBALL Wrote:Settle down there big guy. Nobody was trying to take anything away from Elliott County.
I know, It just upsets me......................You know, I know, Everyone in the 16th knows.................These kids........................They are the ones doing it!! Give them a coach............Lights out. They do it on their own.........
letthebighogroot Wrote:I know, It just upsets me :confused: ......................You know, I know, Everyone in the 16th knows.................These kids........................They are the ones doing it!! Give them a coach............Lights out :confused: . They do it on their own.........

EC is the #1 team in the state, so I have no idea of where the slight was that was interpreted. The question was very simple, in the first 5 games, EC has averaged 100+ points per game. On this road trip, they have dropped that average by over by almost 40 points per game. The question is what has happened to the scoring drop: Competition? Road trip? Poor shooting?
Stardust Wrote:EC is the #1 team in the state, so I have no idea of where the slight was that was interpreted. The question was very simple, in the first 5 games, EC has averaged 100+ points per game. On this road trip, they have dropped that average by over by almost 40 points per game. The question is what has happened to the scoring drop: Competition? Road trip? Poor shooting?

Well............They are playing in argueably the premier Highschool tournament in the country. I would like to think that the teams in the BeachBall Classic are a little better than standard 16th region competition! And yeah, the first 2 games they shot terrible!!!! The third game they shot closer to there average and they beat the best team in Canada! I don't think anyone thought they would average 106 in this tournament. Read into that whatever you like! As for them being the best team in the state........................I think Holmes and Scott both beat them 7 outta 10.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I have to agree...........This was simply the #1 team in Canada!!!! How many should they have scored against the best team from another country Stardust??????? Give us a spread!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would hate to be happy for these kids if they were to beat another very solid team that didn't happen to meet your expectations! At what level would you like these kids to perform?????????????

I didn't realize this was the #1 HS team in Canada! Wow, great win!

The BBC is one of the premier tournaments in the nation, any team traveling to this tourney is considered a top tier team. However, usually the local teams that play in the BBC are the weaker teams in the tournament.

Elliott is representing KY very well. Good luck Lions!