Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Mr. Basketball Thoughts
Looking past the assumption of many that Jon Hood has it in the bag, who else does everyone like right now or see their stock rising?

Obviously I can't go against Hood, as his talent looks to be on a different level and I think the consensus agrees.

On my second tier (in no order):

Jacob Jenkins (Manual) - Manual is really missing him right now. Shows his value to the team.

Vee Sanford (Lex Cath) - Finally getting some attention but has to prove himself to the voters.

Eric Mosley (Moore) - Coming out of the woodwork with an amazing start, some say he may prove to be the best in Louisville.

Aaron Cosby (J'town) - May suffer from the late start, but a lot of hype for him.

Richie Phares (Scott Co.) - Playing a tough schedule and putting up decent numbers, but may get lost in Scott Co. shuffle.

What does everyone think?
I would say Rice or Arvin from Powell CO.
courtdog Wrote:I would say Rice or Arvin from Powell CO.

Powell has 2 players that should be considered for Mr. Basketball?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Hood by far. Then I would have to take Phares and Mosley both are playing very well, I agree with everything said about both. But even though Phares but get shuffled around his stats speak for themselves game in and game out.
Hood is the man after he commited to KY no one can beat him out.
I like Hood as well, especially as the early favorite. JMO
EasternAlum Wrote:Looking past the assumption of many that Jon Hood has it in the bag, who else does everyone like right now or see their stock rising?

Obviously I can't go against Hood, as his talent looks to be on a different level and I think the consensus agrees.

Jacob Jenkins (Manual) - Manual is really missing him right now. Shows his value to the team.

Vee Sanford (Lex Cath) - Finally getting some attention but has to prove himself to the voters.

Eric Mosley (Moore) - Coming out of the woodwork with an amazing start, some say he may prove to be the best in Louisville.

Aaron Cosby (J'town) - May suffer from the late start, but a lot of hype for him.

Richie Phares (Scott Co.) - Playing a tough schedule and putting up decent numbers, but may get lost in Scott Co. shuffle.

Well imo Jon hood should in consideration but since he is on a horrible team and probably wont make it to rupp. I think he should get it though.
Jenkins should be, but looks like Hood will get it because he is a cat!
rebounder155 Wrote:Jenkins should be, but looks like Hood will get it because he is a cat!

Don't take away from the kid just because of where he committed.
EasternAlum Wrote:Don't take away from the kid just because of where he committed.

You and I both know that its a popularity contest with the "Mr. Basketball" award.

Jon Hood has committed to play for Kentucky, and if he can average 20+ points a game he will lock it up. And no one is taking anything away from Hood, its just the truth.
courtdog Wrote:I would say Rice or Arvin from Powell CO.

lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You and I both know that its a popularity contest with the "Mr. Basketball" award.

Jon Hood has committed to play for Kentucky, and if he can average 20+ points a game he will lock it up. And no one is taking anything away from Hood, its just the truth.

That's all fine and good, but its not like going to UK is a prerequisite for winning, there have been Mr. Basketballs that didn't go to UK.

What if Vee Sanford or Jacob Jenkins were to commit to UK? What happens then? A "fair" contest? lol
EasternAlum Wrote:That's all fine and good, but its not like going to UK is a prerequisite for winning, there have been Mr. Basketballs that didn't go to UK.

What if Vee Sanford or Jacob Jenkins were to commit to UK? What happens then? A "fair" contest? lol

Then I believe overall recruit rating may kick in to the voters then.

Hood is rated much higher than both Sanford & Jenkins on all the major recruiting websites. but I could be wrong.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Then I believe overall recruit rating may kick in to the voters then.

Hood is rated much higher than both Sanford & Jenkins on all the major recruiting websites.

Yeah, just posing a hypothetical. Personally I think Hood already has it in the bag, unless something major changes things.
There's a reason Madisonville and Manual are scheduled in 7 of the state's top tourney's and events and are not paired up nor even in the same bracket.

It is interesting that during the two Kentucky Allstar games where Jenkins and Hood played together that Jenkins did lead the juniors in every statistical category nearly including 21 points per game, 7 rebounds, and 4.5 assists while hitting 67% from the arc.

Maybe the LIT when seeding will have Madisonville paired up against Manual.
EasternAlum Wrote:Looking past the assumption of many that Jon Hood has it in the bag, who else does everyone like right now or see their stock rising?

Isn't Cosby a Junior????? If wrong I apologize, but I believe he is.........
letthebighogroot Wrote:Isn't Cosby a Junior????? If wrong I apologize, but I believe he is.........

You know I think you're right, guess I wasn't thinking when I posted. My bad.
Jon Hood.
The kid is great.
He is by far the best.
He just doesn't have a team?
He needs someone else to help him.
He has to do it all by hisself