Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 79 - Allen Central 36
the old WASP Wrote:what is marks record this year? I bet Johnny never got 43 points in his career
Looks like he is 0-4 this year thus far, what's your point???
the old WASP Wrote:Those players sure don't deserve to be treated like that just because they liked Johnny
From what everyone has said in regards to these two boys leaving has nothing at all to do with the infamous "Johnny". Two bad seeds that can't show the folks in the leadership role respect is all it looks like to me. Rolleyes
If Mark Martin is more important to sis than these kids are, I hope they loose every game by50 points
I doubt that you know Mark or these three boys. Unless you know what you are talking about you shouldn't be talking about peoples kids.
Creeker Wrote:Looks like he is 0-4 this year thus far, what's your point???
My point is he will probably be 0 and 25 lol
Creeker Wrote:From what everyone has said in regards to these two boys leaving has nothing at all to do with the infamous "Johnny". Two bad seeds that can't show the folks in the leadership role respect is all it looks like to me. Rolleyes
who is everone?
the old WASP Wrote:I doubt that you know Mark or these three boys. Unless you know what you are talking about you shouldn't be talking about peoples kids.
You are right, I don't know any of them. But, I have heard a lot about this whole situation from people who do know them all and the stories being told on here simply just aren't true. Like the other kid that was supposedly ran off... it has yet to be said that in reality he quit the team, was let back on the team and then quit again. Rolleyes
the old WASP Wrote:My point is he will probably be 0 and 25 lol
Smile Very well could be...
Mr.Kimball Wrote:This was Allen Central's record in 03-04......13-14

This was Allen Central's record in 04-05.......3-23

This was Allen Central's record in 05-06.......5-22

Guess what??? All 3 of those years Allen Central played with Johnny's boys.Rolleyes

You all are acting like old John has had this great powerhouse over the last 5 years. Take out the last two years ( and the transfer help) it looks like the beginning of just another typical season for AC to me.

Johnny Martin won 400+ plus while coaching Allen Central, multiple district/conference titles and several regional runner-up trophies and 1 region titles. Judging Johnny and the program at Allen Central over the past years (which includes two district titles and a regional semifinal appearance) is not truly fair to Allen Central. But I will say that the consistency of finishing seasons with winning records and challenging every year declined towards the end of his run, but like every other basketball program (Johnson Central and Paintsville included) the Rebels suffered highs and lows.
Congrats JC
jammin' jamey Wrote:Johnny Martin won 400+ plus while coaching Allen Central, multiple district/conference titles and several regional runner-up trophies and 1 region titles. Judging Johnny and the program at Allen Central over the past years (which includes two district titles and a regional semifinal appearance) is not truly fair to Allen Central. But I will say that the consistency of finishing seasons with winning records and challenging every year declined towards the end of his run, but like every other basketball program (Johnson Central and Paintsville included) the Rebels suffered highs and lows.

He won 400+ games while coaching both Allen Central and Sheldon Clark.

Never said that he has never been a good coach, just that Martin is taking a lot of heat for something that is not much worse than what Johnny has produced in recent years. Some are seemingly trying to imply otherwise. Besides, district titles in the 58th have not been all that glorious of an accomplishment the last few years. Take away the South Floyd teams in the late 90's and early 00's and there has not been all that much to brag about.

I have seen both of the Crowders since they have been involved in AC athletics, in all three sports. While they have some margin of talent (nothing great by any means) , this may have been a long time in coming. For me, what you would have to put up wouldn't be worth an undefeated season.

Basing on how that the baseball program has been nothing short of a circus, I will agree that to some extent there is something definately wrong within the administration, but that does not excuse behavior patterns among it's participants. Could it be that AC's problems are nothing more than just an extention of that major blunder commonly known as the Floyd County School System, just in general?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:He won 400+ games while coaching both Allen Central and Sheldon Clark.

Never said that he has never been a good coach, just that Martin is taking a lot of heat for something that is not much worse than what Johnny has produced in recent years. Some are seemingly trying to imply otherwise. Besides, district titles in the 58th have not been all that glorious of an accomplishment the last few years. Take away the South Floyd teams in the late 90's and early 00's and there has not been all that much to brag about.

I have seen both of the Crowders since they have been involved in AC athletics in all three sports. While they have some margin of talent (nothing great by any means) , this may have been a long time in coming. For me and what you would have to put up wouldn't be worth an undefeated season.

Basing on how that the baseball program has been nothing short of a circus, I will agree that to some extent there is something definately wrong within the administration, but that does not excuse behavior patterns among it's participants.

No, coach won over 400 at AC. He won over 500 between AC and Sheldon Clark. Yeah coach had some bad teams, but 2 years ago, he took the same team that won 3 games the year before, and won the district championship and won over 20 games. That is a real coach. I'm not saying Mark won't be good, but your first season, you drive your 3 best (only) players away. The Crowders, along with Michael Burchett, are the best players in the district, and are all AC had this year. This could honestly be the worst season in AC history. I hate it for some of the players, but what goes around comes around to the administration
runninrebs21 Wrote:No, coach won over 400 at AC. He won over 500 between AC and Sheldon Clark. Yeah coach had some bad teams, but 2 years ago, he took the same team that won 3 games the year before, and won the district championship and won over 20 games. That is a real coach. I'm not saying Mark won't be good, but your first season, you drive your 3 best (only) players away. The Crowders, along with Michael Burchett, are the best players in the district, and are all AC had this year. This could honestly be the worst season in AC history. I hate it for some of the players, but what goes around comes around to the administration
Terrell Owens and PacMan Jones are also two of the best players in the NFL. Get my drift?

You sure he didn't have some transfer help in the turnaround year?
NIKE2010 Wrote:Congrats JC

How did JC look, are they improving?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Terrell Owens and PacMan Jones are also two of the best players in the NFL. Get my drift?

You sure he didn't have some transfer help in the turnaround year?

Yes, i am sure considering i am the so called "transfer help" and i didnt come to ac til last year.
What happened to the crowder's and prater?
Prater quit before the pburg game, and logan and hunter are no longer playing.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Besides, district titles in the 58th have not been all that glorious of an accomplishment the last few years. Take away the South Floyd teams in the late 90's and early 00's and there has not been all that much to brag about.

Rolleyes

Shelby Valley & Paintsville both are the only teams since the really good South Floyd teams that have been above average. So don't act like the 58th is the only bad district out there because they are not.
Creeker Wrote:You are right, I don't know any of them. But, I have heard a lot about this whole situation from people who do know them all and the stories being told on here simply just aren't true. Like the other kid that was supposedly ran off... it has yet to be said that in reality he quit the team, was let back on the team and then quit again. Rolleyes
Why don't you ask his dad? I would tell you to ask Sis Hallbut she ha slied so much about this she doesn't know what she has told. ha ha
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Rolleyes

Shelby Valley & Paintsville both are the only teams since the really good South Floyd teams that have been above average. So don't act like the 58th is the only bad district out there because they are not.
I can act like it if I want.Smile

Johnson Central's 2000 team won a game in the state tournament which was the last time any one from the 15th had won a game until Paintsville won a game last year. That's a 57th district team right?They were beaten by the eventual state champion ETown and played them a very good game. How many games has Shelby Valley won at the state tournament, this decade? I guess you are too young top remember a team as recent as 2000 though , huh!!!! You would have been what about 10? That aint been that long ago, BCat. I guess the fact of the matter is you are too young to even remember what has happened for a big part of just the decade we are currently in. How can you even begin to dispute anything I said?Rolleyes

Johnson Central also won the region in 2006 too didn't they? I believe they were also beaten by the eventual state champs that year too. I also believe they played JTown closer than anyone in the tournament that year. Again the 57th district.

I know you are a PBurg guy, and I can see you are taking it personally, but the truth is the 58th has not been very good at all since the good SF teams. Apparently that hurts your feelings, but it is a fact........
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I can act like it if I want.Smile

Johnson Central's 2000 team won a game in the state tournament which was the last time any one from the 15th had won a game until Paintsville won a game last year. That's a 57th district team right?They were beaten by the eventual state champion ETown and played them a very good game. How many games has Shelby Valley won at the state tournament, this decade? I guess you are too young top remember a team as recent as 2000 though , huh!!!! You would have been what about 10? That aint been that long ago, BCat. I guess the fact of the matter is you are too young to even remember what has happened for a big part of just the decade we are currently in. How can you even begin to dispute anything I said?Rolleyes

Johnson Central also won the region in 2006 too didn't they? I believe they were also beaten by the eventual state champs that year too. I also believe they played JTown closer than anyone in the tournament that year. Again the 57th district.

I know you are a PBurg guy, and I can see you are taking it personally, but the truth is the 58th has not been very good at all since the good SF teams. Apparently that hurts your feelings, but it is a fact........

didn't all of you know that this guy knows everything that has ever happened in the 15th region of boys basketball?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I can act like it if I want.Smile

:Clap:

Yeah, I agree you do know more about the history of the 15th region, but the 58th has not been nearly as weak as you make it sound year in and year out. Just because we don't send a team to the Sweet 16 every other year doesn't mean much.

I actually recall Pburg defeating JCHS by 16 points the same year JC went to the Sweet 16, yeah, a "58th district" team beat your Johnson Central Golden Eagles by 16.

BTW, Shelby County, Graves County and Apollo played J'town closer than your Johnson Central Golden Eagles did.
the old WASP Wrote:Why don't you ask his dad? I would tell you to ask Sis Hallbut she ha slied so much about this she doesn't know what she has told. ha ha
Ask his dad what??? :confused:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:didn't all of you know that this guy knows everything that has ever happened in the 15th region of boys basketball?
I giuess what you are saying is that in other words there is nothing you know to say that you can dispute?

Thank you.:Thumbs:
I'll just stop this thread here before it gets even more out of hand.