Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 2009
Can Jordan Amis lead the commodores to a regional championship?
Who all did they lose this year?
Demetri Travis-WR
John Amis-LB
Jarrod Napier-C
Jordan Nichols-T/DT
Dewayne Mullins-G/DT

i think thats it..but he had some talented freshmen this year that could step up and help him a lot..like Matt Robinson..and Jay White..and he will have Demetris brother Darrel coming up as a freshmen this year..this kid is an athlete
Sounds like they will have another good season.
They have to be more dedicated to football in Perry County, so No, they will not win.
No.
No not region but maybe district. They also have Alex Sizemore playing again this year who is going to be a junior, When he was in 8th grade he ran all over every middle school team they played.
dore20 Wrote:No not region but maybe district. They also have Alex Sizemore playing again this year who is going to be a junior, When he was in 8th grade he ran all over every middle school team they played.

High school is nothing like middle school.
I actually meant district when i started this..sorry
king360 Wrote:I actually meant district when i started this..sorry

They wont have an easy road. With Harlan Co. in that district now. I think it will be up to LCC and Harlan Co. in that district.
dore20 Wrote:No not region but maybe district. They also have Alex Sizemore playing again this year who is going to be a junior, When he was in 8th grade he ran all over every middle school team they played.

Is his Dads name Garland? If it is, and he plays the same way his dad did, it wont matter grade school or high school. Garland Sizemore was fearless and if this is his boy and he takes even a little of that after him, he would take on all comers regardless of size age whatever. Garland was fun to watch.
cj2561 Wrote:High school is nothing like middle school.

It is an indicator though. I remember thinking Greg's little brother might be pretty over at Leslie County when he was in 8th grade. So is it a sure thing? No. But what is? I think all he was saying that he has in the past done pretty well against same age competition.
brain cramp Wrote:It is an indicator though. I remember thinking Greg's little brother might be pretty over at Leslie County when he was in 8th grade. So is it a sure thing? No. But what is? I think all he was saying that he has in the past done pretty well against same age competition.

You talking about Tim's brother. I think his name was Greg. If you are, he play with my cousin. Back when he play football. I know my cousin play one year at Leslie Co, but he might play two years over there.
brain cramp Wrote:Is his Dads name Garland? If it is, and he plays the same way his dad did, it wont matter grade school or high school. Garland Sizemore was fearless and if this is his boy and he takes even a little of that after him, he would take on all comers regardless of size age whatever. Garland was fun to watch.

Yes that is him and he is just like his dad lol.
PCC will be a much better team next season.... a region championship is very possible in my opinion
I do not feel that they are going to be a factor in the district. Both them and LCC will be rebuilding and Harlan Co. will likely be the team to beat. I can't speak for Whitley or NL i do not know what they are losing.
Changes need to happen at Perrry before anything positive happens.
firechief Wrote:Changes need to happen at Perrry before anything positive happens.

I agree 110. Its odd because Perry County has had an excellent grade school team for a long time and then when entering highschool they are not as good or just plain out suck.
Sizemore wont make that big of a difference. He sat out a year and looks like he has lost 30 pounds. Hes not that fast and he will get broke in half if he dont bulk up and get in the weightroom. I dont think he can wear his daddys jockstrap yet. Maybe in a year or two.
Theres Gonna Be Good But There Loseing Alot On The D
ther elosing more on O
Who, besides Amis, will be there play-makers on offense. I saw them one time last year and they were huge up front, but I know they lost Travis, Amis (John), and a lineman or two.
I have heard that demtri travis brother was playing next year and if so that means another speedy reciever or back in the back field for the commodores.
blitzingback Wrote:Who, besides Amis, will be there play-makers on offense. I saw them one time last year and they were huge up front, but I know they lost Travis, Amis (John), and a lineman or two.

Besides Amis they will have Matt Robinson..Jay White..Darryl Beaty will be a threat in the backfield or at WR, Josh Salyers, Chance Ashworth, Justin robinson..and i think they are returning 4 starting linemen..and Jarrod Deaton will be healthy
Was Robinson the middle linebacker for them as a freshman? If so he's a beast. I know that Perry's 3-5 def. has these guys blizting a lot, but this kid seemed to get down hill to the ball being sent or not.
blitzingback Wrote:Was Robinson the middle linebacker for them as a freshman? If so he's a beast. I know that Perry's 3-5 def. has these guys blizting a lot, but this kid seemed to get down hill to the ball being sent or not.

Yep thats him...hes a monster..especially for a freshmen his senior year will be something to see
Isn't there another Robinson kid too that's his brother? Maybe a lineman or something like that?
They also had an Ashworth kid that looked quick. He may have been a db. Good looking kid. He may be able to fill in part of the gap left by Travis.
I believe they wont be as good as they were this past year. Demetri Travis was their big play maker and the loss of him is going to leave a hole in this team thats goin to be hard to fill. Jordan Amis will be PCC's biggest offensive threat but without Travis he's going to have to make plays on his own. As far as defense goes i think they'll be a little better, the Robinson kid looked pretty good.
the other robinson is a outside line backer. i think some one else on pcc will step up and make some big plays for the offense
Who are some of the 8th graders next year that will be playing on the team? Also is there any talk of any other students from about the surrounding counties coming to perry central?