Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martha Jane Potter defeats Dorton
I can't remember the score and my assistant coach has the book. MJP won by around 30. They played a good game defensively. Congratulations Cardinals and Coach Yonts. You will have a great chance to win the Letcher County championship.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I can't remember the score and my assistant coach has the book. MJP won by around 30. They played a good game defensively. Congratulations Cardinals and Coach Yonts. You will have a great chance to win the Letcher County championship.

Is MJP that good or did you guys have an off night ?
Who is good for them ?
canoeman06 Wrote:Is MJP that good or did you guys have an off night ?
Who is good for them ?

We did have an off night, but they are really good also. They contributed a lot to our off night though. #24 and #11 are two of their better players. I don't have the scorebook at home, but I'll look at the scoring breakdown later. They play really aggressive man defense.
Canoeman,

MJP is really good, don't know numbers but I can give you some of their names. Sexton, Brock, Hall, Boggs, Taylor are starters and then you have a few very talented kids coming off the bench. I think they will win our county tournament over here.
How Good Was Mjp B/c Teams?
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:How Good Was Mjp B/c Teams?

We didn't play a C game that night, but will the next time.

The B team is decent. Our 7th grade won by quite a bit.

Their 8th grade is solid and have several kids that can hurt you.
how has your season been going?
Eagle42 Wrote:how has your season been going?

We are up and down. Right now we are 6-7. We had been playing better until the MJP game. The boys are improving, but are very inconsistent. We have lost to Millard, Johnson County, your team, MJP, Hazard, and Virgie twice. We have beat Millard, Kimper, Pikeville, Lawrence County, Johns Creek, and Feds Creek. What about you?
dorton is a good team and the 7th grade is awesome
even though that taylor kid had only 2 points he handle the #25 kid at dorton really well
Lambert #1 Wrote:Canoeman,

MJP is really good, don't know numbers but I can give you some of their names. Sexton, Brock, Hall, Boggs, Taylor are starters and then you have a few very talented kids coming off the bench. I think they will win our county tournament over here.

We played them in the Virgie tournament last season and they had a really good shooter !!!! I think he was # 24 ?????? Its been a year ???? Is he back ?
I'm pretty sure your talking about the Whitaker kid (Red hair, kind of thick and broad) if he's the one your talking about he's on the fresh. team this year. They are not big but have plenty of quicks and pretty good athletes. I pick them to win the Letcher County Tournament this year. I really like the Sexton and Hall kid.
MJP has a really good chance to win the county championship in Letcher County. :Thumbs:
that quote of that # 24 that is cory brock and yeah hes back
Where in the world is Martha Jane Potter school located?
xboxer Wrote:Where in the world is Martha Jane Potter school located?
Just off 119 between Jenkins and Whitesburg, place called Kona.