Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB Winter meetings
Thought I would start a thread for discussion of the happenings so far. My top story so far, of course, is C.C. joining the Evil Empire. I personally would love to see them pick up Sheets also, instead of Burnett. ESPN has a 60 min show tonite, I believe at 7pm, with all the updates and going-ons thus far.
the Cubs are close to trading for Jake Peavy
THE REF 37 Wrote:the Cubs are close to trading for Jake Peavy

Not anymore. ESPN said that trade talks are off between Chicago and San Diego.
Foxsports.com's Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Reds have reached a preliminary agreement on a 2-year, $4 million deal. It's pending a physical. He was 4-1 with a 2.04 ERA last year with Marlins and Mariners.

The Reds are also contacting OF Pat Burrell, who's agent contacted the Reds first believe it or not. That's encouraging. Actually got me excited as a Reds fan. The Reds have also targeted Juan Rivera of Anaheim and Rocco Baldelli as outfield options. Baldelli has health concerns, but could be very affordable and fit in well with the youth movement (he's 26). I personally would like to see Burrell signed.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Foxsports.com's Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Reds have reached a preliminary agreement on a 2-year, $4 million deal. It's pending a physical. He was 4-1 with a 2.04 ERA last year with Marlins and Mariners.

The Reds are also contacting OF Pat Burrell, who's agent contacted the Reds first believe it or not. That's encouraging. Actually got me excited as a Reds fan. The Reds have also targeted Juan Rivera of Anaheim and Rocco Baldelli as outfield options. Baldelli has health concerns, but could be very affordable and fit in well with the youth movement (he's 26). I personally would like to see Burrell signed.

You and me both.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Foxsports.com's Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Reds have reached a preliminary agreement on a 2-year, $4 million deal. It's pending a physical. He was 4-1 with a 2.04 ERA last year with Marlins and Mariners.

I assume that the signing you're talking about is Arthur Rhodes, since that's what I have seen too. He's kinda old, but I guess he can still get it done.

As for Burrell, I would love to see the Reds sign him, but I suspect the price may still be too high. He made over $14 million last year, and you rarely see guys in their prime take a pay cut...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Reds have re-signed Mike Lincoln and David Weathers, traded for catcher Ramon Hernandez and signed left-hander Arthur Rhodes.

The Reds are interested in CF Willy Taveras. is only 26. He hit .251 with an .308 on-base percentage last year. He led the majors with 68 steals in the 75 attempts.

I like Taveras. He's a speedster. BTW, Pat Burrell's agent contacted the Reds - that's a positive. The Reds have also shown interest in Ty Wiggington (yawn) and Aaron Miles.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...innati.com