Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 88 Mississippi Valley State 65
Landon Slone is meant to play, the guy is really good, he will get crucial minutes this season I do believe. And by the time he is a senior, he could be a solid point guard in the SEC. He has the potential to be a starter in the future, of course, as long as Mr. Liggins is there Slone won't start, or course they could be a backcourt duo but I just don't see that shaping up.
Ok, I know Porter gets a lot of heat but come on people. I read a stat that clears this up when Porter is in the game UK is on the - I forget the number and on the + side when Liggins is in the game. With Liggins sure he needs to grow up but like Coach said he is a freshman he will grow up. You can see it game to game how much Liggins is getting better.
You guys are talking like Landon is a point guard? He is a shooting guard not a point guard. I played against him last year, and have watched him play the few games this year at Uk, and he is never a point guard. I think he will get some decent minutes this year as he should, and by the time he is a senior, i think he could start or at least be a solid player in the rotation.
Doesn't seem to matter now. It is believed that Liggins is going to transfer. If this is the case then I'm going to go ahead and join the pitchfork group. Losing two 5 star players in 2 years. Ill give BCG a pass on Legion because he seemed like a nut job for any school, and really wasn't a Gillispie recruit. Liggins is a futrue NBA player with unreal talent. He has put up all those more stats than Porter in much much less minutes. Porter plays terrible defense. Liggins is 6'6" and about as quick as anyone on the court in any game. Sure he makes mistakes but he is a freshman. How is he going to learn not to make those mistakes when he is pulled for every little thing he does, while Porter can turn the ball over every other time it comes his way. If Liggins leaves, I say send Gillispie with him. There is absoloutely no excuse for a player like Porter to be playing so much. If anything develop the players of the future who are going to be here.

I can't believe anyone would support Porter being out there because he tries hard or because Liggins sometimes might "Appear" to have a bad attitude, although everything anyone close to the program says about him is how down to earth he is and how nice he is.
Porter being out there is a cancer to this team. You play your most talented players, bottom line. Effort is great for middle school teams, but if your at the level UK is, talent overtakes effort. Although Ive seen more effort from Liggins than Porter. Porter would turn away from his teammates in the Kstate game so that they would not pass him the ball because he knows he will look like a fool out there.
BTW Slone may get solid minutes by his senior year. For someone to be hoping Liggins is gone so that Slone can play can't be much of a UK fan. I like to see UK boys do well. SOmetimes there are kids from the state who can perform on that high level. Darius Miller, Jon Hood, Scotty Hopson of late. Im glad Slone is on the team, he has a great shot, but that is about all he brings to the table.
Beetle01 Wrote:BTW Slone may get solid minutes by his senior year. For someone to be hoping Liggins is gone so that Slone can play can't be much of a UK fan. I like to see UK boys do well. SOmetimes there are kids from the state who can perform on that high level. Darius Miller, Jon Hood, Scotty Hopson of late. Im glad Slone is on the team, he has a great shot, but that is about all he brings to the table.

This is something that we DO NOT have, that's where I think Landon will contribute. He plays with more heart and is probably the scrapiest kid on the team at both ends.