Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virgie over Adams Rax
Virgie won by 10 or 11 in a hard fought game. Virgie pulled away late after trailing by 5 at the half. Not for sure on the score.
So,Virgie plays Betsy Layne next.I believe.What do you think about this game?
Probably a tough one.. Betsy Layne has some real big and strong looking boys, however thats doesn't always work to their advantage!! Virgie has a quick team and when they ALL get their heads in the game they do very well... What's your thoughts on what the battle will be and what will be the outcome?????
same as usual, bobcats big.. and last reply said that big guys did not always work to our advantage????? has in every game so far!!!!! good luck Bobcats.
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:same as usual, bobcats big.. and last reply said that big guys did not always work to our advantage????? has in every game so far!!!!! good luck Bobcats.

This game should be a real good test for the young Virgie team.Two of the best teams in the tournament.Both teams play alike,both press the ball,and run lay-ups.The only difference in this game is Virgie's youth.Can they handle the pressure?If Virgie shows up,It will be a great game,if not,,Look out!!
The bobcats will win big, no team in pike county comes close to Betsy Layne. It is more like watching a high school team play a middle school team. I'm not sure about ages but their players seem a lot more mature and older than most the players in this area. Betsy Layne has great sportsmanship and good players. Good luck, although I don't think you need much luck!
has BL played outside of floyd county
The Oldest Players Are Only 14.

In Middle School Anyone Could Beat Anyone At Anytime.

We Have Played Johnson Central, Paintsville, Belfry, Millard, And All The Floyd Co. Teams
I know for a fact #24D.Hamilton,#25C.Hall, and #20B.Spencer is all 13. Because I've watched these boys play for years now.
scbmike1 Wrote:The Oldest Players Are Only 14.

In Middle School Anyone Could Beat Anyone At Anytime.

We Have Played Johnson Central, Paintsville, Belfry, Millard, And All The Floyd Co. Teams

How did Betsy Layne do against Belfry?
wildcats88 Wrote:How did Betsy Layne do against Belfry?

They beat us pretty easily in a scrimmage at MCA just like ever other team we scrimmaged.
The center is my son and he is 14, the other starter is a 7th grader, I think he is only 12.
How young are the Virgie players? Aren't most of them in 8th grade? ?We played their AAU, when our guys were in 6th and I'm thinking these are some of the same guys from that year.
Virgie only has one 14 year on their team. The rest are either 12 or 13. They play 2-8th graders, 5-7th graders, 1-6th grader and 1-5th grader. BL is just a strong team physically. They need to play Magoffin, Hazard, Buckhorn and South Laurel to be tested.
Wesely was robbed in this tournament.
I'm glad to see a small school have a great team like Besty Layne, they will go very far this year. All other teams just keep your heads up and keep practicing.