Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 77 - Buckhorn 66
Final.

Blank and Clemons were both ejected in the 2nd quarter.Buckhorn really showed some heart in this game playing without their best player 3/4 of the game.

Josh Whitaker led the Dawgs with 43 pts and Eric Sitdhim led Buckhorn with 27 .
congrats dawgs!!
Was the game as close as the final score indicates?
Sounds like an excellent game for Whitaker, how was he getting his points?(driving, long range etc.) And what were the Buckhorn boys ejected for
Wow nice game Josh. Showing why he is the BEST player in the 14th region and top 2 in the mountains. It's close between him and Elisha. Congrats Hazard
After losing to Lee by 6 and only losing to top ranked Hazard by 11 without Blank, it may be safe to say that Buckhorn is a little better than most people were predicting.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Wow nice game Josh. Showing why he is the BEST player in the 14th region and top 2 in the mountains. It's close between him and Elisha. Congrats Hazard
Now thats just funny, I don't care who u areCool
Josh and Elisha are both equally great players for their teams, and no doubt both are two of the best in the mountains as well!! I just wish them the best of luck and hope both can be playing in Rupp come March! Go Dawgs!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Josh and Elisha are both equally great players for their teams, and no doubt both are two of the best in the mountains as well!! I just wish them the best of luck and hope both can be playing in Rupp come March! Go Dawgs!
Agreed, two of the best, Whitaker is not one of the 2 best right now definately in the top group though
How did Jordan Olinger play? He is playing with the varsity till the football players return, right? What is the date of Eric Back's official return, or when will he be allowed to play? Just curious and thanks for the info!
Blank picked up his second foul at the very start of the second quarter on a very questionable call ( not making accusations, just my opinion). At that point , Hazard pulled away to about 8 points or so , so Blank came in. After a brief time, the Clemons kid came in and within no time at all was banging around with Blank and everything escalated from there. Blank, Buckhorn's best player, and Clemons, who plays virtually none for Hazard were ejected. Personally, I thought the refs did a good job of controlling the panadmonium, but did a poor job of keeping the Blank -Clemons situation from escalating.

As for the rest of the game, Buckhorn did their best to hang in and did, but Whitaker was just too much. 22/23 from the free throw line for 44 points. The kid is a very good player and a classy kid, as well. I just hope he doesn't end up like Clark Stepp with people building him up too much and others trying too hard to tear him down.
I havent saw Eric Back in a couple months, is he really as ripped and strong as everyone says he is now? Or is this just hype?
worker1 Wrote:Blank picked up his second foul at the very start of the second quarter on a very questionable call ( not making accusations, just my opinion). At that point , Hazard pulled away to about 8 points or so , so Blank came in. After a brief time, the Clemons kid came in and within no time at all was banging around with Blank and everything escalated from there. Blank, Buckhorn's best player, and Clemons, who plays virtually none for Hazard were ejected. Personally, I thought the refs did a good job of controlling the panadmonium, but did a poor job of keeping the Blank -Clemons situation from escalating.

As for the rest of the game, Buckhorn did their best to hang in and did, but Whitaker was just too much. 22/23 from the free throw line for 44 points. The kid is a very good player and a classy kid, as well. I just hope he doesn't end up like Clark Stepp with people building him up too much and others trying too hard to tear him down.
whitaker is an excellent player for hazard, as for clark stepp....he is the first player from the 14th region to sign a division 1 scholarship since bowling at tulane, and a 1st team all-stater, doesn't seem like he was built up to much to me, just brought down by people on here
I went to this game as a neutral. The situation got out of hand quick, but controlled as quick. I got 2 things out of this game. Buckhorn has got much better team than I thought. Very young, but good. Give this team some time and they'll be tough. Also, when Hazard gets their football players and Back on the floor they are going to be very hard to beat. Also, Whitaker is by far the best player in the 14th Region.
Just wondering why the kids that left the benches weren't ejected? I understand they controlled the situation quickly which was a good thing, but the players that left the bench to get closer to the action were supposed to also be ejected just for leaving the bench area if I understand the rules correctly. Everyone seen why the Clemons kid came into the game, he usually gets hardly any minutes and was sent in as a hatchet man to get after Blank. I believe a couple fouls could of been called on him to help the situation out, but were not so it escalated out of control. Nice job of the administration handling things and the officials did do a good job of getting control back after that event. Buckhorn is going to be a good team with some young talent, and when Hazard gets everyone back, they will be tough to beat.
triplemaniaman Wrote:whitaker is an excellent player for hazard, as for clark stepp....he is the first player from the 14th region to sign a division 1 scholarship since bowling at tulane, and a 1st team all-stater, doesn't seem like he was built up to much to me, just brought down by people on here

Clark never signed, he is a walk-on at Austin Peay.
Tailback44 Wrote:Clark never signed, he is a walk-on at Austin Peay.

no, i am sorry, but you are definitely wrong, clark signed a full ride. why would he walk on at austin peay when he had other offers. he also was told he could walk on at uk, indiana, vanderbilt so i don't think he would have walked on at austin peay. his signing was in the papers on tv, get your facts straight before you make stuff up on here
triplemaniaman Wrote:no, i am sorry, but you are definitely wrong, clark signed a full ride. why would he walk on at austin peay when he had other offers. he also was told he could walk on at uk, indiana, vanderbilt so i don't think he would have walked on at austin peay. his signing was in the papers on tv, get your facts straight before you make stuff up on here
Here we go again another Clark Stepp worshipper. I heard the Celtics offered him 50% of the team to skip college and play for them. Everyone has an opinion and most believe he is no Div 1 or 2 player. My prediction he will not last one year at the Peay. JMHO. So don't attack anyone who don't lay wreaths at the feet of Clark Stepp. the point was do not do the same thing to Whitaker that was done to Stepp over-hype and the over-expectations won't be a burden his senior year. Then maybe he can lead Hazard out of district play his senior year.
Wow, it's amazing how you know what "most believe" about Clark Stepp. You must be his biggest worshipper, because over the past few years, you're the one who's talked about him the most. My prediction: He will do fine at Austin Peay and he deserves to be there!
Josh Whitaker--you're an awesome player and you should keep doing what you're doing-- because it's working! And Josh, my advice to you--don't pay any attention to the negative said or written about you. You know who you are and what you're capable of. Anyone who cuts you down is just jealous and probably wishes they were you (or maybe that their son was you).
JOBAKKA Wrote:Here we go again another Clark Stepp worshipper. I heard the Celtics offered him 50% of the team to skip college and play for them. Everyone has an opinion and most believe he is no Div 1 or 2 player. My prediction he will not last one year at the Peay. JMHO. So don't attack anyone who don't lay wreaths at the feet of Clark Stepp. the point was do not do the same thing to Whitaker that was done to Stepp over-hype and the over-expectations won't be a burden his senior year. Then maybe he can lead Hazard out of district play his senior year.

first of all, no one is worshipping him. i was just stating a fact that he was the first 1st team all stater from the region and he is on a full ride at a division one school and also had offers some other D1 schools like morehead and air force to name a couple. so you can hate on him and say he is not a D1 player but the bottom line is HE IS....and the first one on scholarship at a D1 school since ben bowling at tulane, no one in the region has ever been bashed like him, and he still led jbs to a regional championship his junior year like whitaker led hazard to a region championship last year. i don't know why stepp was even brought up on a hazard buckhorn thread but again people are making up lies and i was stating the honest truth. As bad as you and many other people wish he had gone to alice lloyd and been a failure for some strange reason he didn't so give some credit where credit is due
JOBAKKA Wrote:Here we go again another Clark Stepp worshipper. I heard the Celtics offered him 50% of the team to skip college and play for them. Everyone has an opinion and most believe he is no Div 1 or 2 player. My prediction he will not last one year at the Peay. JMHO. So don't attack anyone who don't lay wreaths at the feet of Clark Stepp. the point was do not do the same thing to Whitaker that was done to Stepp over-hype and the over-expectations won't be a burden his senior year. Then maybe he can lead Hazard out of district play his senior year.

Jobakka--you're the #1 Clark Stepp worshiper--umm....jealous worshiper, that is, on here. And how do you know what "most believe"? Are you like a poll taker to find out what people think about Clark Stepp? Well, you didn't ask me and I believe he deserves a D1 and he will do fine at Austin Peay. He is a good kid, a leader, and he knows the game and works hard.
Now, Josh Whitaker, let me give you some advice. The better you get, the more people will want to see you fall flat on your face and they'll talk negative smack about you (just like they did Stepp). But don't read it, and don't pay attention to it, because you're an awesome player. Play your game, keep doing what your're doing and if you hear or or read anything negative, just keep in mind that those saying it wish they were you (or maybe they wish their son was you.)
I really didn't mean for my post to turn into this kind of post. My only point was that Clark had been built up by alot of people to a level that he could not possibly live up to and, as a result, he was constantly put down by other people for things that were beyond his control. Clark is a first rate kid and really did not deserve alot of the crap that was directed at him, especially during his last two years of high school. I was just saying that I hope the same thing is not done to Josh Whitaker because he is a great kid and a great player. He deserves better and so did Clark.
worker1 Wrote:I really didn't mean for my post to turn into this kind of post. My only point was that Clark had been built up by alot of people to a level that he could not possibly live up to and, as a result, he was constantly put down by other people for things that were beyond his control. Clark is a first rate kid and really did not deserve alot of the crap that was directed at him, especially during his last two years of high school. I was just saying that I hope the same thing is not done to Josh Whitaker because he is a great kid and a great player. He deserves better and so did Clark.

i do agree with this. i was just making that point. Lets hope josh whitaker or no other players are trashed the way stepp was, but i do think josh is an excellent player and the best in the 14th right now
From my perspective, Clark was overblown by his family/coaching staff at JBS for several years. This caused a lot of people to question his ability. D1 or not remains to be proven. Does anyone think that he could have contributed on this year's relatively weak UK team?

I wish Clark the best in all that he does.
:popcorn: This thread is getting interesting.
Oh. Congrats to Hazard.
Well, I do remember the kid and I do remember the pressure he was under. I do not like the fact that he has moved on to play college ball, whether it is at AP or UK, support him and move on. I know for a fact, I could not shut him down and not many of you could either.
Benchwarmer Wrote::popcorn: This thread is getting interesting.
Oh. Congrats to Hazard.

I will have some popcorn as well!! :popcorn:
ARC Wrote:From my perspective, Clark was overblown by his family/coaching staff at JBS for several years. This caused a lot of people to question his ability. D1 or not remains to be proven. Does anyone think that he could have contributed on this year's relatively weak UK team?

I wish Clark the best in all that he does.

i just believe he was downed too much around here. he is on a scholarship at a D1 school though and if you go other places in the state he is thought of higher. He was the 4th person on Kentuckys first team all-state, but i don't think coaches in the 14th even voted for him....oh well, good win hazard haha
Hazard looked sharp in this game w/o 2 starters and 2 key reserves.
14thregion Wrote:Hazard looked sharp in this game w/o 2 starters and 2 key reserves.

I would agree. Buckhorn, also, did well playing 3/4ths of the game with the only player on their team old enough to vote. I really didn't realize how young they are until I looked out there and saw one jr. and 4 freshman on the floor trying to hang in with Hazard, even if they were without some key guys.