Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Overtime Thursday Night
They just said Corbin and Rockcastle were the only mountain teams to beat Highlands since 1959.

Just an FYI, Belfry has beaten them twice and is overall 2-3 against HHS during that span.

HHS won two playoff games against the Pirates in the 60s.
Belfry beat them AT Highlands in 1979 in the semifinal.
Belfry lost to them in the semifinals in 1989 in OT again AT HHS.
Belfry beat them in 1990 in the Pike Co Bowl by a score of 38-7.

Come on Brian, give us some love.Big Grin
you tell them buc-a-roo
Buc-a-roo Wrote:They just said Corbin and Rockcastle were the only mountain teams to beat Highlands since 1959.

Just an FYI, Belfry has beaten them twice and is overall 2-3 against HHS during that span.

HHS won two playoff games against the Pirates in the 60s.
Belfry beat them AT Highlands in 1979 in the semifinal.
Belfry lost to them in the semifinals in 1989 in OT again AT HHS.
Belfry beat them in 1990 in the Pike Co Bowl by a score of 38-7.

Come on Brian, give us some love.Big Grin

Let's get joethegreek on the line and call Brian and let him have it. He has called everyone else out.Big Grin Wink
thats a good ideal bucslover.
Brian also said Belfry had only lost once at the CAM since it opened and that isn't right either. I think that number is actually 3. Henry Clay and Ironton in 2005 and Russell in 2006.

Of course, we'll forgive him for that one since it was in our favor. LOL
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Brian also said Belfry had only lost once at the CAM since it opened and that isn't right either. I think that number is actually 3. Henry Clay and Ironton in 2005 and Russell in 2006.

Of course, we'll forgive him for that one since it was in our favor. LOL

You are exactly right Buc. Only once in the playoffs, in '06, but 3 times overall as you said.
thats home field advantage.
Let me just say that I love WYMT and Sports Overtime. They do an incredible job of covering and promoting EKY sports teams and athletes. They deserve all the accolades and all the thanks and congratulations in the world.

Brian is a good guy and I was posting this partly tongue in cheek just to give him a hard time for not giving us credit.

He should know the 11th commandment is "Thou Shalt Not Dis The Pirates" Big Grin
bucslover68 Wrote:You are exactly right Buc. Only once in the playoffs, in '06, but 3 times overall as you said.
All 3 of those losses were to better teams. Henry Clay and Ironton were a lot better.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:All 3 of those losses were to better teams. Henry Clay and Ironton were a lot better.

Ironton was not alot better than belfry that year...but henry clay was
Showtime_05 Wrote:Ironton was not alot better than belfry that year...but henry clay was
You're probably right. That Ironton team wasn't one of their best. They were still a couple of TDs better than Belfry, but probably not a LOT better like I said.
depening on there schedule they may not lose at home next year either,plus playoffs are just first couple of rounds at home next year i think..
What all did they say about the Whitley/Highlands game? I wasnt home to watch.
Bell Co beat Highlands in 91 and 93 in regular season.