Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Time Sheldon Clark Team
Who do you think? One has to be Joey Stepp
Jesse Watts has to be there, along with Stepp. Moore would play somewhere
I think Adam Dials should be on that list.
BatCat11 Wrote:I think Adam Dials should be on that list.

wasnt expecting that batcat...lol
Hickman Prodigy Wrote:wasnt expecting that batcat...lol

Well he is the schools All Time leading rusher and has the school record for most TD's in a carrer.
Watts, Stepp, Dials, Spradlin are no brainers, as would be Moore at Safety.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Watts, Stepp, Dials, Spradlin are no brainers, as would be Moore at Safety.

I would take John Stafford over Spradlin. The two no brainers would be Bruce Stepp and Lee Gauze. I would also take the entire defense from the 98 team.
*Brad Tiller is the best athlete to ever play as a Cardinal hands down. Not another player on this list is in his league.
*Ben Delong was one of the best athletes and had more god given ability than anyone not named Tiller.
*Jesse Watts was the best QB SC ever had hands down. He was tough and had a cannon of an arm.
*Adam Dials is the best running back to ever come through Sheldon Clark. He was strong, fast, and could do it all. He was about as good as you could find with the ball in his hands.
*Nathan Moore was a great athlete who just didn't have much help around him. One of the best latley. Good QB & a killer Saftey.
*Brent Weaver was a special athlete who really had some jets. Could have played several positions.
*Linemen were a plenty with names like Shawn King, Bruce Stepp, Lee Gauze, Andrew Hill, Joey Stepp, & John Dials.
*Some of the toughest old boys you would ever lay your eyes on would be the Damron brothers, Nick Lewondowski, Kelly Klick, Moe Spradlin, Nathan Harless, John Stafford, & Jason Jewell.

All of these men were the reasons that Sheldon Clark turned the corner from an average football team to one of the better football teams in the mountains. They are all part of our histroy and we are darn proud of each and every one of them.
Great post Super- Card. All the guys mentioned would certainly deserve being on all time team but how about Mike Cain, Mike Cooper, Danny Harmon. Phliip Kelly. I would love to see a backfield of Watts at quarterback, Tiller, Adam Dials and Cain in the backfield with Kelly and Ben Delong at the wide receivers. Then have Lee Gauze , Shawn King, Nathan Moore and Bruce Stepp leading the defense. I fell that Ryan Kelly would also to be put on all - time team .:rockon:
Any reason in particular that Cards fans are leaving off Rusty Fletcher?
I think John Stafford was a beast at running back for Sheldon Clark and another one was one of my good buddies that died a while back Ben Delong
[quote=Super-Card;635454*Jesse Watts was the best QB SC ever had hands down. He was tough and had a cannon of an arm.
[/quote]

Harley Hammonds might deserve a mention there too. That kid knew how to win.
I would add James Maynard to this list also. He is just a player that sticks out in my mind from here recently. Played with a broke leg and had heart for the game.
former_cards_player02 Wrote:I think John Stafford was a beast at running back for Sheldon Clark and another one was one of my good buddies that died a while back Ben Delong

How did Ben pass away...I didn't know this?