Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma in Big 12 Championship over Texas
Anyone have any rational thoughts on how a team with the same record gets the nod over a team that beat them head to head. WTF
. Texas should have been there....not Oklahoma. The BCS is so screwed up.
Oklahoma shouldnt even be in 3rd place in the BCS idk what they were thinking putting them at #2
I said right after Texas Tech beat Texas that the NCG would be Florida and Oklahoma.
That's the politics of the BS[B] championship for you.[/B]
If you look at the strength of schedule then Oklahoma deserves to be in the game over Texas, IMO.

Non-conference games:

Oklahoma:
Chattanooga (1-11)
Cincinnati (10-2 BigEast Champs)
Washington (0-11)
#24 TCU (10-2)

Texas:
Florida Atlantic (6-6)
UTEP (5-7)
Arkansas (5-7)
Rice (9-3)

TCU and Cincinnati victories push Oklahoma ahead of UT. Is that considered rational? Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Texas beat Oklahoma 45-35 on a neutral field. Is that rational? I personally do not like either team. IMO, this is just more proof that a playoff is needed, but we all know that that is not happening. Too many people will lose some money. I personally feel that the national championship is being played at the Georgia Dome this Saturday.
I was always told that the games are played on the field/court, not on paper.:dontthink
I hate the BCS. This is just another reason to get rid of it.
the bcs is so useless
Guys the BCS cant be blamed for this. The Big 12 is the guilty party. They are the ones who have this rediculous tie breaker rule based on BCS standings. I think this rule will be changed next year. Im gonna laugh if Mizzou upsets OU and Texas winds up playing UF for the title anyway.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Guys the BCS cant be blamed for this. The Big 12 is the guilty party. They are the ones who have this rediculous tie breaker rule based on BCS standings. I think this rule will be changed next year. Im gonna laugh if Mizzou upsets OU and Texas winds up playing UF for the title anyway.

Could that happen lol
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Guys the BCS cant be blamed for this. The Big 12 is the guilty party. They are the ones who have this rediculous tie breaker rule based on BCS standings. I think this rule will be changed next year. Im gonna laugh if Mizzou upsets OU and Texas winds up playing UF for the title anyway.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I hope it happens. I honestly think that if that happens. USC will jump Texas (assuming USC beats UCLA) and play the winner of Florida/Alabama. I do not feel that they will let Texas play for the National Championship when they did not win their own conference. Just my opinion.