Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central @ Pike Central 12/2
Thoughts
im going to take AC by 5
This game will be broadcast on 104.5 FM/960/900/1400 and www.ekbsports.com also on 93.1 WDHR and www.wdhr.com
well i think allen central will come out with the win. But it should b a good game. prater will be back and with the crowder's they will b better.
Isn't this game at Pike Central? KHSAA says that it is.
Yea, it is at Pike Central.
Yes there was a schedule mix up. It is at Pike Central tonight

so the moderators can change it so no one shows up at allen central tonight
Should be interesting to see these two teams go at it. Mark Martin will be making his coaching debut for the Rebels and it will be again interesting to see how he has gotten this team to play. They return 3 starters in Prater, and the Crowder twins so they do have some leadership and experience. But one thing I didn't see when I seen them play Pikeville at their panorama was a legitimate point guard. If they can find a guard who contribute and distribute the ball, and make the needed plays then AC should be just fine. Looking forward to seeing this game.
Should be a good game, but if the Hawks want to win they have to apply pressure on AC's inexperienced guards and control the boards because both Crowders are very good at rebounding.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Should be a good game, but if the Hawks want to win they have to apply pressure on AC's inexperienced guards and control the boards because both Crowders are very good at rebounding.

Yeah they both dominate the boards for sure, Pike Central is going to have to go to the simple fundamentals and box out if they want to get rebounds from the Crowders. But the funny thing during the panorama when they played Pikeville, either Logan or Hnuter would bring the ball up the floor whenever Pikeville applied pressure. If thats the case tonight against Central, then that will take away from what they can do down low, they can cause a lot of damage.
-STAT- Wrote:Yeah they both dominate the boards for sure, Pike Central is going to have to go to the simple fundamentals and box out if they want to get rebounds from the Crowders. But the funny thing during the panorama when they played Pikeville, either Logan or Hnuter would bring the ball up the floor whenever Pikeville applied pressure. If thats the case tonight against Central, then that will take away from what they can do down low, they can cause a lot of damage.

I noticed that also and that will hurt them down the stretch this season, kind of reminds me of Caleb Watkins at Piarist. He brings the ball down the court, passes it, posts up and scores. That gameplan will work against teams that don't apply full-court pressure and teams that are not very good down low.

Allen Central is really going to miss Alex Hammonds & Aaron Crum this year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I noticed that also and that will hurt them down the stretch this season, kind of reminds me of Caleb Watkins at Piarist. He brings the ball down the court, passes it, posts up and scores. That gameplan will work against teams that don't apply full-court pressure and teams that are not very good down low.

Allen Central is really going to miss Alex Hammonds & Aaron Crum this year.

Yeah I am really looking forward to seeing what type of defensive gameplan Coach Thompson comes out with.

I will agree with ya that AC will dearly miss Hammonds who brought the ball up the floor very well and made some great plays. They will also miss Crum big time, who shot the 3 ball well and scored some big points for them.
I'm going to go with Coach Martin and Allen Central in a close one.
Hopefully AC will be ready to play tonight and the football players will have made the switch to basketball mode.

AC played football on 11/14 and then played their first scimmage on 11/22. Josh Prater did not play. Mark Martin started Logan Crowder who had only practiced 3 days due to an injury from the last football game, Hunter Crowder and Chris Stumbo (also football players) who had only practiced 5 days with Mark Martin. The other starters were Chad Nelson (first time playing since 8th grade) and Austin Woods (sophomore with very little Varsity experience). I'd venture to say- AC was pretty green in that first scrimmage. Also take in to consideration that this group was learning a new offense under a new head coach.

The Rebels have now had 2 full weeks of practice (with the exception of Josh Prater)- hopefully the have found their basketball legs and are ready to get the season started on a positive note.

Good Luck tonight Rebels!! GO AC!!
Gotcha - Why hasn't Prater been practing?
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Gotcha - Why hasn't Prater been practing?

Prater has been practicing with the team for a week now. He missed 2 practices for medical appointments and prior to that-he just took a few days off before making the change from football to basketball.
:Thumbs: