Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
08-09 Pirates beat 2006-07 56th Disrtict Champions
Wednesday November 12 the powell county 08-09 varsity beats the 06-07 56th district Champions by 9 points. Do think this was a fluke or is powell really, good this year?

What do you think?:bigeyed:
Why would Powell Co. waste one of their two scrimmages on this game?
Powell co and Owsley co will fight it out for 3th place in the 56th this year Estill And Lee will battle for 1st place Lee have a advantage because of football tomorrow night i think Powell will go down so they will get there basketball players back faster than Estill looks like Estill will play at least 3 more football games. I just dont think Powell will have a very good year they lost alot of last years team. Lee picked up a couple transfeers. Not sure if Baber from Estill will be playing if he does i think Estill can take the 56th.
courtdog Wrote:Powell co and Owsley co will fight it out for 3th place in the 56th this year Estill And Lee will battle for 1st place Lee have a advantage because of football tomorrow night i think Powell will go down so they will get there basketball players back faster than Estill looks like Estill will play at least 3 more football games. I just dont think Powell will have a very good year they lost alot of last years team. Lee picked up a couple transfeers. Not sure if Baber from Estill will be playing if he does i think Estill can take the 56th.

....3th....lol
theonetheonly10 Wrote:Wednesday November 12 the powell county 08-09 varsity beats the 06-07 56th district Champions by 9 points. Do think this was a fluke or is powell really, good this year?

Lets get this straight. This years Powell Co. team beat the district champs from 2 seasons ago? What is that supposed to mean? Tons of things can change in 2 seasons. Look at my tigers last year. They won a game at the big dance. If a team was to beat them this year in a pre season scrimmage, it really wouldnt mean much because look at the talent that was lost from last season to this season.
Warlock Wrote:Lets get this straight. This years Powell Co. team beat the district champs from 2 seasons ago? What is that supposed to mean? Tons of things can change in 2 seasons. Look at my tigers last year. They won a game at the big dance. If a team was to beat them this year in a pre season scrimmage, it really wouldnt mean much because look at the talent that was lost from last season to this season.

He's just trying to make a statement that this Powell co team should be ok this year. That 06-07 district championship team was very talented and contained 11 seniors that all but 1 or 2 played valuable minutes each game. This Powell co team shoud be fine this year as long as they can contribute as a team and Isee them doing that due to the move of Brewer to GRC.
i do concur on that previous statement
Why would they schedule a district team for 1 of 2 allowed pre season scrimmages? But it doesnt matter if the team they beat won the district 2 years ago. Just the same as Powell beating them in a pre season scrimmage. It is a long time until district tourney time. Lots of things can happen so because they beat them now, doesnt mean they will come tourney time. It also doesnt mean that they wont beat them come tourney time either. Just take it as a pre season scrimmage win and be happy with it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I don't really think it means that much, thee 07 team was out of shape and out of synch. I think powell played decent though, but like i said it doesn't mean that much
absolutely nothing
I still think Powell will win 1 56th dist game this year and thats Owsley co at home unless Estill Co does not have there football players back for there frist game (by the way Estill Co is still in the playoff) I think Powell will have trouble scoring.
courtdog Wrote:I still think Powell will win 1 56th dist game this year and thats Owsley co at home unless Estill Co does not have there football players back for there frist game (by the way Estill Co is still in the playoff) I think Powell will have trouble scoring.

And im honestly starting to believe you have no clue what you are talking about on here. You are the only one that says Powell will only win one district game. Powell was also supposed to lose to Cordia in that scrimmage too right? Powell is going to be alot better than you think there courtdog. We'll just see how good Powell is come Dec. 12th when we visit you guys over in Irvine. You may have a surprise on your hand. Watching this "UNSKILLED" Powell County team (as you say) compete with your Engineers. TongueirateSho
courtdog Wrote:I still think Powell will win 1 56th dist game this year and thats Owsley co at home unless Estill Co does not have there football players back for there frist game (by the way Estill Co is still in the playoff) I think Powell will have trouble scoring.

Yes we all know Estill is still in the playoffs. We don't need you to get on here and run your mouth in the basketball forum about how Powell isn't in it and how Estill is. And they will be able to score. Hawkins, Crowe, Arvin, Rice, Creech, Reed, Conley, and Jones will be able to score for this team. So don't worry about them not scoring.
I think any teams main guard will have trouble scoring if Powell County puts Crowe on them. He isnt the best defensive player in the 56th for nothing.
Roberts is 10 times better than Crowe on D Crowe cant stay out of foul trouble. Powell cany beat anyone in the 56th Dist on the road maybe they will beat Owsley at Powell because they get ever call at home. Just my opion. GO NEERS IN THE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF YOUR THE BEST>
courtdog Wrote:Roberts is 10 times better than Crowe on D Crowe cant stay out of foul trouble. Powell cany beat anyone in the 56th Dist on the road maybe they will beat Owsley at Powell because they get ever call at home. Just my opion. GO NEERS IN THE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF YOUR THE BEST>

Is that why Crowe got the defensive player award for the 56th district? But wait, Roberts is 10 times better than Crowe on defense. You are so right!!! You know everything. Gosh, why would I even argue with you. I forgot that your from big bad Estill. Please forgive me!!!

As for the playoff thing, they are good. But there is no way in **** that they are the best. Breathitt will beat them. If they happen to get passed Breathitt(which I doubt) they would get murdered by Belfry.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Is that why Crowe got the defensive player award for the 56th district? But wait, Roberts is 10 times better than Crowe on defense. You are so right!!! You know everything. Gosh, why would I even argue with you. I forgot that your from big bad Estill. Please forgive me!!!

As for the playoff thing, they are good. But there is no way in **** that they are the best. Breathitt will beat them. If they happen to get passed Breathitt(which I doubt) they would get murdered by Belfry.

Thanks for the love.Looks like we are starting to bond.
courtdog Wrote:Roberts is 10 times better than Crowe on D Crowe cant stay out of foul trouble. Powell cany beat anyone in the 56th Dist on the road maybe they will beat Owsley at Powell because they get ever call at home. Just my opion. GO NEERS IN THE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF YOUR THE BEST>

Your out of your mind. I hate getting on here and seeing a post from courtdog. They never make any sense. Crowe is by far the best defensive player in the 56th district. I rarely ever remembering Crowe fouling out in many games last year. Get ready to be D'd up courtdog. Crowe will see you on the court!!

Its fans like you that make Powell county and Estill county fans not get along. We try to support you in the football thread and you still try to put us down. Get a life. Im sure Breathitt and Belfry are waiting for ya!
Why would a team scrimmage a former team from two years earlier?
Really who cares? This is a meaningless game, delete this post.
DoubleDubya Wrote:Why would a team scrimmage a former team from two years earlier?
I don't know why they would use up one of their two allowed scrimmages against former Powell players.:confused:

Looks like they would want to play other schools in some of the panaramas. I guess since they've already played Cordia in a panarama their scrimmage limit is up.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Thanks for the love.Looks like we are starting to bond.

Big Grin
theonetheonly10 Wrote:Wednesday November 12 the powell county 08-09 varsity beats the 06-07 56th district Champions by 9 points. Do think this was a fluke or is powell really, good this year?

???and what did that accomplish? Good for this years team, but I don't think it merits putting it on the message board.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:And im honestly starting to believe you have no clue what you are talking about on here. You are the only one that says Powell will only win one district game. Powell was also supposed to lose to Cordia in that scrimmage too right? Powell is going to be alot better than you think there courtdog. We'll just see how good Powell is come Dec. 12th when we visit you guys over in Irvine. You may have a surprise on your hand. Watching this "UNSKILLED" Powell County team (as you say) compete with your Engineers. TongueirateSho

You play 6 dist games who will you beat?
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Its fans like you that make Powell county and Estill county fans not get along. We try to support you in the football thread and you still try to put us down. Get a life. Im sure Breathitt and Belfry are waiting for ya!

Why do you think this is a bad post way do you take it a put down it's just the way i feel.
courtdog Wrote:Why do you think this is a bad post way do you take it a put down it's just the way i feel.

powell co will be tough no doubt, they always play hard and are very physical..estill though, has more talent and with the guard play of cackling and hoover i think they have the edge over powell
I agree cackling and hoover are great players and they do make estill competitive but you cant over look lee they have a big starting 5 and are very stong.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Your out of your mind. I hate getting on here and seeing a post from courtdog. They never make any sense. Crowe is by far the best defensive player in the 56th district. I rarely ever remembering Crowe fouling out in many games last year. Get ready to be D'd up courtdog. Crowe will see you on the court!!

Are you kinda seeing what i'm saying about Crowe? powell Co 1 and 5 in the 56th dist this year.
courtdog Wrote:Are you kinda seeing what i'm saying about Crowe? powell Co 1 and 5 in the 56th dist this year.

Maybe now without Crowe and Hawkins.