Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Playoff Matchups
I couldn't find any playoff brackets online yet so I figured out what the matchups are on my own. I think these should be correct, but please correct me if you know of one of the matchups to be wrong. When tiebreakers come into play, it can get a little complicated. :-)

Here are the 1A games in the order as they would be if I could draw a bracket on here. I put the region, district, and seeding of each team in front of them (ex: R1-D1-1 is region 1, district 1, seed 1). The home teams for round 1 are in all CAPS. Remember as you work your way through the bracket that the EVEN district gets home field advantage in games between districts if the seeds are the same. Also, the EVEN region gets home field advantage in games between regions since this is 2008, an even year.

TOP HALF OF BRACKET
-----------------------------

R1-D2-4 Kentucky Country Day
R1-D1-1 CRITTENDON COUNTY

R1-D1-3 Ballard Memorial
R1-D2-2 CAVERNA

R1-D2-3 Bethlehem
R1-D1-2 MAYFIELD

R1-D1-4 Fulton City
R1-D2-1 HOLY CROSS - LOUISVILLE

R2-D4-4 Trimble County
R2-D3-1 BEECHWOOD

R2-D3-3 Ludlow
R2-D4-2 EMINENCE

R2-D4-3 Gallatin County
R2-D3-2 BELLEVUE

R2-D3-4 Dayton
R2-D4-1 FRANKFORT

BOTTOM HALF OF BRACKET
----------------------------------

R3-D6-4 Clinton County
R3-D5-1 RACELAND

R3-D5-3 Fairview
R3-D6-2 CAMPBELLSVILLE

R3-D6-3 Lynn Camp
R3-D5-2 LEXINGTON CHRISTIAN ACADEMY

R3-D5-4 Paris
R3-D6-1 WILLIAMSBURG

R4-D8-4 Betsy Layne
R4-D7-1 HAZARD

R4-D7-3 Pineville
R4-D8-2 PAINTSVILLE

R4-D8-3 Allen Central
R4-D7-2 HARLAN

R4-D7-4 Jenkins
R4-D8-1 PIKEVILLE

Here are some matchups I'm looking forward to in this bracket:

Lexington Christian Academy @ Williamsburg in round 2
Beechwood @ Frankfort in round 3
Lexington Christian Academy @ Raceland in round 3
Raceland @ Hazard in round 4
Bottom half
LCC vs Pikeville
Snare43 Wrote:Bottom half
LCC vs Pikeville

If Lexington Christian gets there, they will have won 2 tough road games at Williamsburg and at Raceland.
R1-D1-1 CRITTENDON COUNTY
R1-D1-3 Ballard Memorial
R1-D1-2 MAYFIELD
R1-D2-1 HOLY CROSS - LOUISVILLE
R2-D3-1 BEECHWOOD
R2-D3-3 Ludlow
R2-D3-2 BELLEVUE
R2-D4-1 FRANKFORT

BOTTOM HALF OF BRACKET
----------------------------------

R3-D5-1 RACELAND
R3-D5-3 Fairview
R3-D5-2 LEXINGTON CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
R3-D6-1 WILLIAMSBURG
R4-D7-1 HAZARD
R4-D8-2 PAINTSVILLE
R4-D7-2 HARLAN
R4-D8-1 PIKEVILLE

imo i think that district 5 is the most competitive district. i picked three 3 seeds, will see how my gut instincts are. Imo the Top Brackets Champ will be Beechwood and the bottom is a toss up between Raceland and LCA. Going from last years Championship game, it goes to show, once two teams get to that point, anything can happen.
I look for Raceland to win it all!!!
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I look for Raceland to win it all!!!

Raceland wont make it to the semi.
Raceland's special teams definately need to improve as well as pass defense to get to finals...
cj2561 Wrote:Raceland wont make it to the semi.

:thatsfunn

Dude, your crazy to think Raceland cannot make it. Tell ya what after Raceland rolls by you all, tell me what you think of those two running backs, Denton and Carver. You may not know them now, but just wait until you see them take a few of those Bulldogs down the field with them.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I just looked at the stats from the LCA game. Both backs together had over 200 yards of rushing. Thats pretty good. What type of offense does Raceland run?
The Rams like to run alot of different looks. They love to run out of the spread. They like the pass as well. But, at any given time you'll see the Power I, Wing T, or the Wishbone. It just depends on what mood ol' Hoof is in. They've done a great job at finding what works against their oponent and using it. They may run a different set each play, it just depends on whats going on in the game. Personally, I like the BONE or the Power I. They're line is big and strong and so are their backs.

Raceland's two headed monster of Brett Denton and Johnscott have been successful all season. Combining for over 2000 yards and almost 30 tds And on short yardage Cody Kelly has looked incredible. So has the passing game. Boyles has comlpeted 63% of his passes for 1193 yards.
BO1988 Wrote:The Rams like to run alot of different looks. They love to run out of the spread. They like the pass as well. But, at any given time you'll see the Power I, Wing T, or the Wishbone. It just depends on what mood ol' Hoof is in. They've done a great job at finding what works against their oponent and using it. They may run a different set each play, it just depends on whats going on in the game. Personally, I like the BONE or the Power I. They're line is big and strong and so are their backs.

Raceland's two headed monster of Brett Denton and Johnscott have been successful all season. Combining for over 2000 yards and almost 30 tds And on short yardage Cody Kelly has looked incredible. So has the passing game. Boyles has comlpeted 63% of his passes for 1193 yards.

I like how the offense is spread out. If you got great backs then this will work. Hazard should really run some of this offense. I think it suits them quite perfectly. Greg adams who is ur speedster, austin blanton the full back good in between runner and Mikael Campbell also a good in between the tackle runner with excellent speed.