Poll: are pirates going to state again ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.63%
NO
22.37%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Belfry go to State Again?
bucslover68 Wrote:Nice analysis. Yea, I couldn't believe that JC had piled up such huge rushing numbers. I think their style can give some teams some problems, especially if they hang on to the football and use the clock. However, I can see a quicker and more athletic team like Highlands has, year in and out, giving them all kinds of trouble. I am anxious to see the Devils at the Cam. Regardless of records, the Belfry folks look to the Devils as the standard by which you have to get through at some point to get to Louisville. I would think that the Russell fans feel the same about the Pirates.

I would agree with this.

Yeah Russell and Belfry I believe over the years, and not just recent years, have earned each others respect.

I can see why JC handled Ashland and even predicted it. JC is not a good matchup for the Tomcats. Ashland does have good team but they are small on defense. A straight ahead Power running game will give them fits.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:JC only had 90 yards passing with the majority of that on two completions, one of which Belfry had perfect coverage and the receiver made a circus catch. If Russell is having to move their best Guard to the backfield then I'd be worried about sending anyone out in a pass pattern because Belfrywill sure get to your QB quick for a team that is so slow.

Not their best gaurd. He is probably a better running back but was moved to get the best players on the field at the same time. Due to injuries and other circumstances things have now changed. I think Jones would be a huge asset in the backfield right now.
i think that Belfry will go to STATE!
I believe the Pirates will be back at the Pizza Box once again this season. A lot of critics say that Belfry does not have the talent they have had in previous years BUT they have more HEART than any other team out there. I do not care what anyone else says these Pirates put everything they have on the line every Friday night. I do not know about your book but in mine HEART prevails over talent any day of the week. Let's Go Pirates! All The Way To State!!!!
joethegreek Wrote:I honestly feel and I am not a homer. I am far from a homer. If Belfry beats Russell they will go back to state.

Belfry will face Mason.........not Russel.Then Breathitt.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Belfry will face Mason.........not Russel.Then Breathitt.

Basically, what he is saying is that he feels that the Russell game is the biggest roadblock for Belfry to get back to Louisville. I believe in taking it one game at a time, and the only game that matters in Belfry versus Russell.
I think they'll make it. Winning is a whole other thing though.
Just gonna have to wait and see..
I don't see any other team in 3A giving Belfry a loss other than Central, and even then, the game will be so close as to go either way. Belfry will have the power, Central the speed. It will probably come down again to which team makes the fewest mental mistakes, and plays the hardest for the longest.

Let us not forget that last year, just before halftime, Belfry had a lead by a field goal. Then, instead of taking a knee, we tried to score one last TD before the half to crush Central's spirits, and it backfired. If not for that play, I say Belfry stays fired up and wins. Let us also not forget that 4 of Belfry's starters last year played that game with injuries which, in any other game, they would not have played.

AFAIK Belfry's rather injury free at this time, though I've not talked to the guys in a few weeks. If they can stay that way until they reach Louisville, one can expect a really great game.
Belfry can go to state again if they do not make mistakes. Its going to be a little tougher this year but i can see them over coming a either a good Breathitt team or an Estill County team.