• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 21 - Johnson Central 13
Final.
Great game BELFRY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
This proves Belfry is FOR REAL!!! No fluke here Baby!!!

Belfry now 25-0 against JC!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great game, congrats Pirates!!! Cant wait to hear why JC lost "again" to the Pirates. Many excuses will follow. Bottom line is Belfry is just the better team again and they proved it on the field. Good luck to JC the rest of the year.

Like i stated in the pregame thread, how can someone pick JC to destroy Belfry? There were some pretty ridiculous predictions and FWIW mine was a little off, I had JC winning by 7-10 points but then again I just wasnt sure how good this Pirate team was. My questions have been answered, they are pretty darned good.
Way to Go PIRATES, this especially goes out to the WSIP radio crew, who before the game, said Belfry was not on the level of JC and has never been hit as hard as JC would hit them. Take that Spike!. I hope your crow tastes great!! I am one proud PIRATE tonight!!!!
WE..... ARE......BELFRY!!!! Never ever doubt a Pirate!!!! Way to go Big Red!!!!
I picked Belfry by 3pts....

Yes sir!!!...I am proud to be a PIRATE!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JC 179 yards rushing, 96 passing, Belfry 227 yards all on the ground according to the radio. Anyone know what JC was averaging on the ground?
Way to go Pirates! Proved the doubters wrong...ONCE AGAIN! JC was outplayed and outcoached by the better team tonight.

Bring on West Carter!
Congrats to the Belfry Pirates!!!!!!!
Belfry_99 Wrote:Way to Go PIRATES, this especially goes out to the WSIP radio crew, who before the game, said Belfry was not on the level of JC and has never been hit as hard as JC would hit them. Take that Spike!. I hope your crow tastes great!! I am one proud PIRATE tonight!!!!

Crow will most definately be the food of choice tonight for many while some will state the nonsense of JC having injuries or they werent ready to play. The bottom line is Belfry is just better, period. Remember this was on JC's home turf and it still didnt matter. The streak continues.
This is what Belfry football is all about.. a workman like effort, nothing special, just get the job done and with class!!!
Congrats to Belfry on the win and to both teams for a great game!
P4PChamp Wrote:JC 179 yards rushing, 96 passing, Belfry 227 yards all on the ground according to the radio. Anyone know what JC was averaging on the ground?

Dont you remember, JC was #3 in the nation in rushing and looking completely dominate on offense!!! Then they stepped up to better competition and those numbers shrunk considerably.
I really didnt think Belfry could play with JC. I guess i was wrong. Good luck to both teams hopefully i see them both on the red carpet.

Oh by the way I like my crow bloody dont even bother cooking it.
Congrats goes to the BELFRY PIRATES
I missed the score only by 1 point I had it
Belfry-21
Johnson Central-14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
I am so glad I am a PIRATE tonight! I am so happy right now. Everyone doubted the Pirates but once again they came, they saw, they conquered!

GREAT WIN BELFRY! LET'S GET READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!
Guess no one will ever say Belfry is over-rated.
Total chaos for JC in the last minute. Matney continues to be totally disorganized in close games. He had Dillon running to the sidelines with clock running in last minute of game. He was totally outcoached in this game and that's why he will never win the big one. Close games, I'll give the edge to his opponent 75% of the time.
This is what 2 great programs such as Belfry and J.C. is all about..What we witnessed tonight was total class, guts, and just hardnosed mountain football at it's all time finest! Congrats to Belfry and now it is time for you two teams to get ready for the new season to begin..Best of Luck Pirates and Eagles!
Playboy5
wow great game i went to this one it was a tight game all the way
bac2369 Wrote:Guess no one will ever say Belfry is over-rated.

Don't worry, Belfry is always called overrated, it happens every year when the Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central games roll around.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Don't worry, Belfry is always called overrated, it happens every year when the Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central games roll around.

Ain't that the truth....Belfry wears a bullseye on their backs every week...but always demonstrates resiliancy, determination and heart. You can't take anything away from this team. We were big underdogs, everyone including the media had written us off.

You can't corner an animal and expect it to come out and give up...its going to fight and claw its way out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Radio said Belfry is now 25-0 vs. JC.
Big congrats to the Pirates!! I knew Belfry was a tough opponent, but thought JC to be a TD or more better this season. Once again I have been proven wrong. Not saying JC couldn't beat Belfry, but they sure didn't get it done tonight on their home field. NO excuses can be made by either team. Belfry just came in and done what they had to do and won the game. Great job Belfry!! The JC players and staff just didn't measure up tonight.

Well, Matney will have to sulk around for another year now, and next time he will have to play at Belfry! It doesn't look like he will ever get that win against the Pirates! lol

Good luck to both the Eagles and Pirates in the playoffs! But with the teams in their class, I'd much rather be Belfry after tonight's game than JC!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Big congrats to the Pirates!! I knew Belfry was a tough opponent, but thought JC to be a TD or more better this season. Once again I have been proven wrong. Not saying JC couldn't beat Belfry, but they sure didn't get it done tonight on their home field. NO excuses can be made by either team. Belfry just came in and done what they had to do and won the game. Great job Belfry!! The JC players and staff just didn't measure up tonight.

Well, Matney will have to sulk around for another year now, and next time he will have to play at Belfry! It doesn't look like he will ever get that win against the Pirates! lol

Good luck to both the Eagles and Pirates in the playoffs! But with the teams in their class, I'd much rather be Belfry after tonight's game than JC!

Yep with a possible matchup with Highlands I believe most would prefer Belfry's position as opposed to JC's.
I will eat some crow. I thought JC would beat the Pirates this yr. Congratz Belfry!
Belfry is for real! Went to the game and really enjoyed it, even during the tsunami that came through. I don't believe that Belfry threw the ball one time tonight as they just managed the clock the entire game and what can you say, Ivan Lee & Charlie Dotson are men amongst boys.

Congrats Belfry!
Guess Matney will learn to go for the tie instead of the win. Dumb decision after they scored. Kick the Xpoint to tie the game. Then trying an onside kick with 5 minutes to play was also dumb. I guess you learn from games like this, but the money he gets paid, he should know better.
  • 1(current)
  • Next