Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell fans
Anyone going to go and watch the Belfry/JC game Friday night since we got the week off? Ive never been to JC's field before, and whoever is going maybe we could get a convoy going down.
Beetle01 Wrote:Anyone going to go and watch the Belfry/JC game Friday night since we got the week off? Ive never been to JC's field before, and whoever is going maybe we could get a convoy going down.

Based on predictions in the JC/Befry thread Russell fans will not only be going, but volunteering everything in their power to try to help JC beat Belfry badly so there is still some hope in the 2nd Round. Smile
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Based on predictions in the JC/Befry thread Russell fans will not only be going, but volunteering everything in their power to try to help JC beat Belfry badly so there is still some hope in the 2nd Round. Smile
I am not a big believer in comparing scores, but according to an East Carter coach, Russell is not in the same league as the Pirates this year. His exact quote was "Belfry would beat them by 30". Now we all know that will probably not happen, and Belfry still needs to improve up front and not get pushed around. This week's game will be decided up front. The JC O-line, which is supposed to be awesome may dictate the game. BTW, the quote from the coach came at the half when Belfry led 48-0. East Carter called two timeouts in the last 10 seconds so they could score against the Pirated JV and freshman.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Based on predictions in the JC/Befry thread Russell fans will not only be going, but volunteering everything in their power to try to help JC beat Belfry badly so there is still some hope in the 2nd Round. Smile

I don't think JC will need any help this weekend.Smile Smile
kybaseball Wrote:I don't think JC will need any help this weekend.Smile Smile

Me either.. I think they are going to be slightly too tough for Belfry.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Me either.. I think they are going to be slightly too tough for Belfry.

I'll go along with that. JC 28 Belfry 21 I think was my prediction before everything broke loose.
Come on down russell...You'll love the new facilities...They will be much nicer when it is completely finished.
bucslover68 Wrote:I am not a big believer in comparing scores, but according to an East Carter coach, Russell is not in the same league as the Pirates this year. His exact quote was "Belfry would beat them by 30". Now we all know that will probably not happen, and Belfry still needs to improve up front and not get pushed around. This week's game will be decided up front. The JC O-line, which is supposed to be awesome may dictate the game. BTW, the quote from the coach came at the half when Belfry led 48-0. East Carter called two timeouts in the last 10 seconds so they could score against the Pirated JV and freshman.

I find it hard to believe their coach would say that at all, let alone halftime of a game.

As a Russell fan I'm offended.:p

I'm not making the trip but if I were I wouldn't be volunteering to help anybody. It doesn't matter to me if Belfry were to win or lose this game. Although I do think Johnson Central will win.

I know you guys are tired of hearing about the schedule being weak but the fact is it has been. This game will tell us alot about this years Belfry team. Johnson Central has already been tested and passed with flying colors.

Russell's only hope going to Belfry in the second round is to play with as much fire as they did against Raceland but to play much better from an execution standpoint. I actually think Raceland and Belfry are very similar this year.
FBALL Wrote:As a Russell fan I'm offended.:p

I'm not making the trip but if I were I wouldn't be volunteering to help anybody. It doesn't matter to me if Belfry were to win or lose this game. Although I do think Johnson Central will win.

I know you guys are tired of hearing about the schedule being weak but the fact is it has been. This game will tell us alot about this years Belfry team. Johnson Central has already been tested and passed with flying colors.

Russell's only hope going to Belfry in the second round is to play with as much fire as they did against Raceland but to play much better from an execution standpoint. I actually think Raceland and Belfry are very similar this year.

You are completely right with this statement... and it is also very safe to say that if Belfry wins this game or plays JC close on the road that they have accomplished something Russell hasn't. JC's demolition of Ashland proved that they would be a superior team to anyone on Russell's schedule including Ashland and Simon Kenton who I seem to recall a certian Russell poster I respect who shall remain nameless saying "Would win the 3A State Championship either one".

I personally cannot see a logical reason why Belfry should win the game against JC from a mtachup perspective. I hope the Pirates prove me wrong though.
bucslover68 Wrote:I am not a big believer in comparing scores, but according to an East Carter coach, Russell is not in the same league as the Pirates this year. His exact quote was "Belfry would beat them by 30". Now we all know that will probably not happen, and Belfry still needs to improve up front and not get pushed around. This week's game will be decided up front. The JC O-line, which is supposed to be awesome may dictate the game. BTW, the quote from the coach came at the half when Belfry led 48-0. East Carter called two timeouts in the last 10 seconds so they could score against the Pirated JV and freshman.
Boy that East Carter Coach knows so much.....What's his record now? Who has he beat?

Consider your source.:devilflam
DevilsWin Wrote:Boy that East Carter Coach knows so much.....What's his record now? Who has he beat?

You illustrated his point perfectly, actually.

If there was any coach who would be well versed in knowing who would lose a game, then an East Crter coach would definately qualify.

Smile
Well ill be the first to tell ya Russell fans that we at JC welcome u all to the Nest im sure it will be well worth the drive! I don't know if u all have been to any home games for the Eagles but its fun for everyone!

Come out and support them Eagles! lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You illustrated his point perfectly, actually.

If there was any coach who would be well versed in knowing who would lose a game, then an East Crter coach would definately qualify.

Smile
lmao
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
TooFast Wrote:Well ill be the first to tell ya Russell fans that we at JC welcome u all to the Nest im sure it will be well worth the drive! I don't know if u all have been to any home games for the Eagles but its fun for everyone!

Come out and support them Eagles! lol
Sorry, I like both teams. I'll stand in the middle.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are completely right with this statement... and it is also very safe to say that if Belfry wins this game or plays JC close on the road that they have accomplished something Russell hasn't. JC's demolition of Ashland proved that they would be a superior team to anyone on Russell's schedule including Ashland and Simon Kenton who I seem to recall a certian Russell poster I respect who shall remain nameless saying "Would win the 3A State Championship either one".

I personally cannot see a logical reason why Belfry should win the game against JC from a mtachup perspective. I hope the Pirates prove me wrong though.

Russell hasn't accomplished much. Except for finding new and imaginative ways to underachieve this season.

Honestly Russell and Raceland are pretty even. Ashland I think is just a little better than both of them. As for Simon Kenton or Ashland winning 3A, I think either one would be favored too right now.

Like we said. This is the week we find out how good this Belfry team is. They may be world beaters. Then again maybe not. I will say that if they stay close to Johnson Central, who I think is hands down the best football team in Eastern Kentucky, then the rest of 3A better really buckle up.

My opinion right now is that Louisville Central is the best team in 3A. followed by Belfry and then Breathitt County. I would put Russell, Mason County and Etown in a tie right behind those three.
FBALL Wrote:Russell hasn't accomplished much. Except for finding new and imaginative ways to underachieve this season.

Honestly Russell and Raceland are pretty even. Ashland I think is just a little better than both of them. As for Simon Kenton or Ashland winning 3A, I think either one would be favored too right now.

Like we said. This is the week we find out how good this Belfry team is. They may be world beaters. Then again maybe not. I will say that if they stay close to Johnson Central, who I think is hands down the best football team in Eastern Kentucky, then the rest of 3A better really buckle up.

My opinion right now is that Louisville Central is the best team in 3A. followed by Belfry and then Breathitt County. I would put Russell, Mason County and Etown in a tie right behind those three.

Agreed on all accounts..except for the Ashland/SK statement. Excluding Belfry completely, I would like Lou. Central's chances with each. If the Yellowjackets can beat Male and play St. X and Manual tough, I would expect few to ahve a problem listing them as a favorite against either a flawed Ashland team who has a blowout loss and a loss to a 1A team on thei record. And a SK team who have been a Jekyll and Hyde act.
DevilsWin Wrote:Boy that East Carter Coach knows so much.....What's his record now? Who has he beat?

Smile Smile Smile
jgrubby Wrote:Sorry, I like both teams. I'll stand in the middle.

Pick a side Grubby.There's no middle ground on this one.Smile Smile Smile jk
kybaseball Wrote:Pick a side Grubby.There's no middle ground on this one.Smile Smile Smile jk
You going?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:You going?

No I would end up in the Johnson county lockup.:eek: :eek:
I'm entertaining the idea of going and spending one half on Belfry's side and one half on Johnson Centrals side. That way I cannot be accused of helping either team.Big Grin
jgrubby Wrote:Sorry, I like both teams. I'll stand in the middle.

Stand in the middle...but don't miss this one...i'm sure its going to be a great game. Contrary to what someone else said in another thread...Eagles have plenty fans.
FBALL Wrote:As a Russell fan I'm offended.:p

Exactly right, FBALL, I think it will be a great game. It is cliche, but throw out the records in that one. Both teams will be fired up for that one.
Midee1 Wrote:I'm entertaining the idea of going and spending one half on Belfry's side and one half on Johnson Centrals side. That way I cannot be accused of helping either team.Big Grin
Somehow I just knew you go both ways!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Agreed on all accounts..except for the Ashland/SK statement. Excluding Belfry completely, I would like Lou. Central's chances with each. If the Yellowjackets can beat Male and play St. X and Manual tough, I would expect few to ahve a problem listing them as a favorite against either a flawed Ashland team who has a blowout loss and a loss to a 1A team on thei record. And a SK team who have been a Jekyll and Hyde act.

Ashland is flawed. They have very good quickness on defense but there weakness would be against a straight ahead power runnning team. Hence Johnson Central was a matchup nightmare for them. As was that 1A team that IMO is the second best 1A team in the state.

SK is a good 6A team that would be a great 3A team with one of the best RBs in the state. Look at their schedule and you can understand the Jeckyll and Hyde act.

Ashland's win over Russell is a huge rivalry game that the Tomcats came in really fired up for. I honestly don't think that result would be repeated if they were to play again.

All of that said, none of those teams are in the ballpark with Johnson Central. How Belfry stacks up we will find out. I wish them luck.
JC will win this one by 3 TDs. Belfry is really overrated.
jgrubby Wrote:Somehow I just knew you go both ways!

lol
jgrubby Wrote:Somehow I just knew you go both ways!

and you seem to enjoy playing golf with me. What does that say about you?.....:o
Midee1 Wrote:and you seem to enjoy playing golf with me. What does that say about you?.....:o
Its a sport you can clean your balls in public.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS