Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle: Paintsville-36 Belfry (7th Grade)-6
Good game for the little guys lastnight....they played real well....Daughter had 2 TD Meade had 1 TD and Brown 1 TD Reynolds had a 2 point conv. ....Simmons kick 3 extra Points and 2 missed...but the linemen are getting better as well....good job guys
It should be noted that the game was between Paintsville's 8th grade and Belfry Middle's 7th grade team.

Regardless, nice win for the little Tiggers.
Belfry's 8th grade played Johns Creek last night
Im assuming this is big Daughters little brother..
torQQue Wrote:Im assuming this is big Daughters little brother..

Which is actually spelled Doderer. Yes, Nemiah Doderer is Hans Doderer's little brother.
HappyGilmore Wrote:It should be noted that the game was between Paintsville's 8th grade and Belfry Middle's 7th grade team.

Regardless, nice win for the little Tiggers.

To my knowledge Happy, Paintsville doesn't have a 8th and 7th grade team. It is combined into one team.
MOJO Wrote:Which is actually spelled Doderer. Yes, Nemiah Doderer is Hans Doderer's little brother.

Thats what i thought to mojo. BUt i Just figure I was spelling it wrong the last couple years. :Thumbs: :beerwez:
torQQue Wrote:Thats what i thought to mojo. BUt i Just figure I was spelling it wrong the last couple years. :Thumbs: :beerwez:

Just wanted to clear that up, who cares if you spell it wrong. But when someone from Paintsville spells it wrong it needs to be corrected. I'll take a beer too. LOL.
MOJO Wrote:To my knowledge Happy, Paintsville doesn't have a 8th and 7th grade team. It is combined into one team.

You're right, I guess I should have said Paintsville Middle's Varsity..???

I know the QB was a 7th grader, but I don't think many more who played were.

BTW.....The RB #33, QB #3, and LB #36 all looked to be really good athletes.
HappyGilmore Wrote:You're right, I guess I should have said Paintsville Middle's Varsity..???

I know the QB was a 7th grader, but I don't think many more who played were.

BTW.....The RB #33, QB #3, and LB #36 all looked to be really good athletes.

No big deal, I just don't want people thinking oh well this Paintsville 8th grade team is going out there and beating the 7th grade competition easily. I just wanted people to know it was a combination of 7th and 8th graders.

Nemiah Doderer #33, younger brother of Hans Doderer Paintsville High School's starting running back.
QB #3 can't remember his name but he's the younger brother of Cody Reynolds who is a freshman FB and LB for PHS. Look for Cody to make some noise in years to come.
#36 can't say for sure, but I'm thinking it's Cody Meade, younger brother of Joe Meade who is a sophomore lineman for the Tigers.
Great job to both teams. You'll get'em next time Pirates !!!
MOJO Wrote:No big deal, I just don't want people thinking oh well this Paintsville 8th grade team is going out there and beating the 7th grade competition easily. I just wanted people to know it was a combination of 7th and 8th graders.

Nemiah Doderer #33, younger brother of Hans Doderer Paintsville High School's starting running back.
QB #3 can't remember his name but he's the younger brother of Cody Reynolds who is a freshman FB and LB for PHS. Look for Cody to make some noise in years to come.
#36 can't say for sure, but I'm thinking it's Cody Meade, younger brother of Joe Meade who is a sophomore lineman for the Tigers.

I know what you are saying, but........it was a predominantly 8th grade team and I didn't want anyone thinking Paintsville Middle whipped up on Belfry's 8th grade/varsity team. The title of the thread would cause anyone to imply that.
No problem. Points given, points taken. Wink
The Doderer kid is the big brother's little brother, and probably the best 8th grade football player in the area.
there is one thing about it, after a year of playing 7th and 8th grade teams (I have no problem with this because I am aware that a lot of schools dont have the student count to field a team for every grade) this years 7th graders will be that much better and playing more evenly matched teams, when this years 6th graders reach the 8th grade I believe we will start to see the full potential of Belfry Middle School football. Now I am partial to the seventh graders because my nephew plays but this years teams were almost expected to struggle, when you combine teams like this that come from different coaching styles and playbooks it makes it hard to expect instant success, but I would like to say to the coaches keep up the good work and good things are sure to come. As an added bonus by the time these kids reach thier jr and sr years they will have been playing together 5 or 6 years running basically the same offense as the high school, I believe this will just continue the Belfry Pirate tradition!!:wenumber1
Mr. Incredible

Have you been to a lot of the BMS games? If you have, do you notice how every team our 7th & 8th grade plays have about 8-10 holdbacks?

IMO........If some of our younger kids (we have quite a few that will graduate at 17) do not stay back it could be hard times on the horizon at BHS. Our kids are playing a lot of kids that are two years older, but in the same grade.
ive been to all but 2 of the 7th grade games.....i dont know if the kids are holdbacks or not, nobody will ever tell you if they hold thier kids back, i do know i have seen some BIG boys though, that #25 from feds creek was as big as me, i know its hard on the boys to face competition like that and keep thier confidence up, but it will only make them better as they develop and mature. as far as it affecting BHS football....i suspect parents hoding kids back has happened more than just this year, and it hasnt bothered them to much so far!!

:wenumber1 TongueirateSho