Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JC One thing thats missing
I have been to almost every game in the last 3 years. The one thing that this team is missing from the other years is a leader. I hope to see more emotion during the game, like after a play going and helping your team mate up off the turf. I have not seen that this year. IMO this is one of the best teams to come though Central, but they have not played up to there full potential, and until they start playing with the emotion that they have bottled up, we will not see that potential.
I also know that they have got got to play a whole game in the last 3 or 4 games either. I want to make sure no one gets the wrong I deal about this thread, I am proud to be a former eagle and I am very proud of you guys.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I have been to almost every game in the last 3 years. The one thing that this team is missing from the other years is a leader. I hope to see more emotion during the game, like after a play going and helping your team mate up off the turf. I have not seen that this year. IMO this is one of the best teams to come though Central, but they have not played up to there full potential, and until they start playing with the emotion that they have bottled up, we will not see that potential.

I have to disagree with you on this one brown....I think the leadership is there...take a good hard look at Chase...all he does is motivate:Thumbs:
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I have been to almost every game in the last 3 years. The one thing that this team is missing from the other years is a leader. I hope to see more emotion during the game, like after a play going and helping your team mate up off the turf. I have not seen that this year. IMO this is one of the best teams to come though Central, but they have not played up to there full potential, and until they start playing with the emotion that they have bottled up, we will not see that potential.

You may be right, but I think people often over emphasize the emotion part. I've seen plenty of teams that jump around and get all excited after a big play, all while they are getting their butts kicked. I always subscribed to the Bear Bryant philosophy: "act like you've been there before" with my own modification: "and you know you are going to be back there again soon". There's no reason to get all jacked up because you've sacked the qb if you've done it in the past and you believe in yourself to do it again on the next play.

Personally I always liked the teams with players that just came out and coldly and methodically disemboweled their opponents. Like professional assassins: no emotion, rather just all business.

The one thing that does get under my skin is when players turn to the bleachers and encourage the fans to cheer. Boys, if you need the fans to get you fired up to play, you are playing the wrong sport.

Just my two cents and I'm sure many will disagree. But this is a free county (at least for another week) and we're all entitled to our opinions.
charlie22 Wrote:You may be right, but I think people often over emphasize the emotion part. I've seen plenty of teams that jump around and get all excited after a big play, all while they are getting their butts kicked. I always subscribed to the Bear Bryant philosophy: "act like you've been there before" with my own modification: "and you know you are going to be back there again soon". There's no reason to get all jacked up because you've sacked the qb if you've done it in the past and you believe in yourself to do it again on the next play.

Personally I always liked the teams with players that just came out and coldly and methodically disemboweled their opponents. Like professional assassins: no emotion, rather just all business.

The one thing that does get under my skin is when players turn to the bleachers and encourage the fans to cheer. Boys, if you need the fans to get you fired up to play, you are playing the wrong sport.

Just my two cents and I'm sure many will disagree. But this is a free county (at least for another week) and we're all entitled to our opinions.
lol........... It's called having a "confident swagger".

Same should apply to a lot of JC fans that post on here.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:I have to disagree with you on this one brown....I think the leadership is there...take a good hard look at Chase...all he does is motivate:Thumbs:

I agree that chase has done a good job this year and I for one am very proud of him. But after the play Chase is having to get off the ground by him self. do you know what I mean.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:lol........... It's called having a "confident swagger".

Same should apply to a lot of JC fans that post on here.

I agree!
Leadership starts from the top down.
So are you questioning the leadership ability of Matney?
IRISH4 Wrote:So are you questioning the leadership ability of Matney?

Who me, I don't think so! I just think that this year in a few games that we have played a little flat. What I am talking about is someone to reach out and smack a few helmets and say come on we can do this. I know if you played football you know what I mean. When I defender won't get off of one of your players, and you go over and get him off and help your team mate up. I am not saying anything negative just would like this team to show it's true potential. This team has not played it's best football and look at what they have accomplished, and when they do, it Could be dangerous.
allseasonfan Wrote:Leadership starts from the top down.

Dude, Matney has no problem with leadership. Just look at his resume.
This sounds like a Russell thread.

There is playing with emotion and there is acting like you've been there before. I think what you need is a mix. You don't have to jump around and act like an idiot but emotion shows in the way you play. Do you get ready for every play? Do you play every play at full speed and 100% effort? Are you focussed on what you are supposed to do?

Leadership usually shows up in effort and from the results so far this year it sounds like Johnson Central does have it.

Let me add that if they are not fired up for Ashland it could be a rude awakening. Ashland is not the most talented team but every time I've watched them they have out hustled their opponent. They fly to the ball on defense. The RBs run hard and never quit. The line stays with there blocks. Most importantly they pick each other up. Not physically but through execution. Everyman on that team gives their best and then some.

The thing that works in Johnson Central's favor is that their offense is the counter to that fast Ashland defense. They fly to the ball and the best way to negate the pursuit is to run straight at them. Quick hitters and Power off tackle. They will try to outnumber you at the line of scrimmage but that does leave them open to big plays if you can get past that first wave.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Dude, Matney has no problem with leadership. Just look at his resume.

Dude, I agree. I was being positive. I meant they had good leadership. I guess I wasn't very clear, Dude!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Who me, I don't think so! I just think that this year in a few games that we have played a little flat. What I am talking about is someone to reach out and smack a few helmets and say come on we can do this. I know if you played football you know what I mean. When I defender won't get off of one of your players, and you go over and get him off and help your team mate up. I am not saying anything negative just would like this team to show it's true potential. This team has not played it's best football and look at what they have accomplished, and when they do, it Could be dangerous.

Oh no, I was talking to allseason...but he just said he was being sarcastic.Wink
I agree with brown on this one..........I mean i played on the 06 team for Central and we had a **** load of leadership that year and it just made the team play that much harder hearing the crowd behind them and the players on the side lines screaming. We had Mike Tackett and Blake Johnson on defense, JK Ratliff and Tommy Taylor on offense and the special teams was always ready to go so we had alot of enthusiam every play and that helped us get to 13-1 so if this years team can do that then they could do the same if not go farther then we did! And just tell me if i am wrong but most of the games in 06 was way over before the first whistle due to the atmosphere.
TooFast Wrote:I agree with brown on this one..........I mean i played on the 06 team for Central and we had a **** load of leadership that year and it just made the team play that much harder hearing the crowd behind them and the players on the side lines screaming. We had Mike Tackett and Blake Johnson on defense, JK Ratliff and Tommy Taylor on offense and the special teams was always ready to go so we had alot of enthusiam every play and that helped us get to 13-1 so if this years team can do that then they could do the same if not go farther then we did! And just tell me if i am wrong but most of the games in 06 was way over before the first whistle due to the atmosphere.

I really agree with you, the atmosphere now is good, but know where near like it was in 06. I hope these next few games it might get better.
Some people refuse to pay the $10 admission for a reserved seat, I remember that year they did play Cov. Cath the Friday after Thanksgving the stands were packed about 3 or 4 that afternoon.
IRISH4 Wrote:Some people refuse to pay the $10 admission for a reserved seat, I remember that year they did play Cov. Cath the Friday after Thanksgving the stands were packed about 3 or 4 that afternoon.

I love the new seats and their defiantly worth 10.00.
I have a few season tickets myself, but a some of the fans were upset with high prices put on them by the administration...however, the tailgate behind the fence looks good sometimes Smile
IRISH4 Wrote:I have a few season tickets myself, but a some of the fans were upset with high prices put on them by the administration...however, the tailgate behind the fence looks good sometimes Smile

Dont it tho lol
Wondering how or when they will sell the reserved tickets for the post season?
Hopefully one day they will let the tailgating come back to the track.
I agree!