Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 14 - Mississippi State 13
I wish we had Dicky back.
I made the trip to Mississippi to watch the game and it was worth it for the most part. The Cats were a completley differnt team first half from second half, and Micah Johnson and Ventrell Jenkins were all over the field, we just need our DB's to step up a little more, theyve been slacking latley. Offense looked better, but its only unsmooth becuase this was Cobbs 1st? start. Give him time to get in the grove of things. I would like to see him take off a little more when nothing is open thought, becuase he had alot of time to throw, but nothing would be open, and he would just scramble, never tuck it up and run, when most of the time he could of got an easy 7-8 yards if he would have. The play callling was dismal though, we ran the ball most of the time on 3rd down, and ran with Hartline a few times and third and about 6, idk what Joker was thinking, but the special teams really stepped up. Winston Guy was all over the field on special teams, I honestley think he made every speical teams tackle for us, no joke. He deserves some PT on O or D becuase hes really showen speed, determination, and heart on special teams.
WOW Bowl eligible, who cares when you have no shot at the SEC championship and no shot at a National Tittle, but at least you have a QB now.lmao
BAMA#1 Wrote:WOW Bowl eligible, who cares when you have no shot at the SEC championship and no shot at a National Tittle, but at least you have a QB now.lmao

Bama fans tsk tsk
BAMA#1 Wrote:WOW Bowl eligible, who cares when you have no shot at the SEC championship and no shot at a National Tittle, but at least you have a QB now.lmao

Just remember you only beat us by the skin on your teeth! Bama isnt that good anyway, I beleive that UK showed that. Anyone with a good defense will give Bama probulmes.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Cobb didn't really show me much spark today. I thought maybe Cobb would help get the offense rolling, but all today proved was that our offense is terrible. Yeah, Cobb was at QB for a while but who did he throw to? No one.

Sorry guys, but it's going to be next season before we see anything even halfway decent on the offensive side of the ball.

I agree, CE. I think today proved that no matter who UK's quarterback is, the offense is still going to struggle. Cobb is immensely talented, much more so than Hartline, but he isn't going to make this team a whole lot better just by moving to QB. I honestly don't see how anyone can say that the offense was improved. They gained about 270 yards and scored 14 points. How is that an improvement from what has gone on most of the season?

Bottom line, it doesn't matter which of the two is at QB, this team will struggle to score 20 every game from here on out. I will note, though, that even though he played most of the game at QB, Cobb was still our leading receiver for the game. Just further proof that the receiving corps really falls off after him.

Anyway, as for the game, it may have been ugly but a win is a win. Neither team is very good, but our guys made the plays when they needed to. Hopefully this will be a stepping stone to better things in the upcoming weeks.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]