Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 41 - Lexington Catholic 0
Nice win by Highlands over a pretty good LexCath football team. The Knights were more talented than advertised. I'm beginning to believe that Highlands is a very good team this year and they are improving each week. Josh Conner continues to ease back from his broken leg. He had a touchdown and several nice runs. Jarred Frank also continue his return from MRSA. Both should be back in full go mode by the playoffs. Bringing them on slowly but surely.
Impressive!!
The Bluebirds aren't going to be challenged until the Carpet, and it may not happen there either.
Is lexington catholic that down this year or what?
Nemesis Enforcer Wrote:The Bluebirds aren't going to be challenged until the Carpet, and it may not happen there either.

I agree, they are defiantly a team a mission thats destroying everyone in there path.

Congrats Blue Birds!
bac2369 Wrote:Is lexington catholic that down this year or what?

LC is down from last year, but not by much in my opinion. They started the season off very rough because they lost something like 32 seniors off of last year's squad and had very few returning starters. Other than their qb and TE, I'm not sure they had any other starter return on O. So they were as green as spring grass. But they've come along quite nicely. They have some real playmakers on the team on both side of the ball. I'd like to see the Boyle LC rematch in the playoffs. The first game was decided by a field goal; the next one may be decided by a missed PAT or attempt to go for two.

The margin of victory is more of a testament to Highlands being very good (better than I thought we'd be at this point to be honest with you) than of LC not being good.
Nemesis Enforcer Wrote:The Bluebirds aren't going to be challenged until the Carpet, and it may not happen there either.

I don't think any one in Ft. Thomas believes we aren't going to be challenged. Either of Ashland or JC will be quite a challenge for the Birds in the Region finals.
charlie22 Wrote:I don't think any one in Ft. Thomas believes we aren't going to be challenged. Either of Ashland or JC will be quite a challenge for the Birds in the Region finals.

I just cant see JC being a challenger for the Birds. I may be wrong but just dont see it being a close game.
A JC vs Highlands game would be a good one to watch.
Pupaw Wrote:A JC vs Highlands game would be a good one to watch.

I beg to differ.

Most thought that JC would compete with CovCath in '06 and we all know how that one turned out. Highlands is as good, if not better than that '06 CovCath squad.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I beg to differ.

Most thought that JC would compete with CovCath in '06 and we all know how that one turned out. Highlands is as good, if not better than that '06 CovCath squad.

Sure do....JC whipped Cov Cath in the first half and took a lead in at the break. Came back the second half and done more of the same until their FB Blake Johnson got hurt who was picking up 7-8 yards a carry. A turnover and a missed INT along with the injury is what got JC beat.
Now, I think that Highlands would beat JC, but I'm saying that IMO, JC would put up a good fight against the Blue Birds.
IRISH4 Wrote:Sure do....JC whipped Cov Cath in the first half and took a lead in at the break. Came back the second half and done more of the same until their FB Blake Johnson got hurt who was picking up 7-8 yards a carry. A turnover and a missed INT along with the injury is what got JC beat.

True, but when CCH went from a 3-3 front to a 4-4 front it did make a huge difference in the second half.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:True, but when CCH went from a 3-3 front to a 4-4 front it did make a huge difference in the second half.

They were still running it down their throats. They didn't have an answer for Johnson...didn't matter what kind of front they had, they couldn't take down the big man.
As good of a team JC has, i doubt they would be able to take down Highlands this year. Northern KY football is on a totally different level then Eastern KY.
Yea, but that's what is so wonderful about high school football. You never know what's going to happen from one week to another. The only chance ANYONE has beating Highlands, is playing them on their home field. Otherwise, you might as well go ahead and order their rings.
Does anyone know what round of the playoffs Johnson Central and Highlands could potentially meet? Where would the game be played if JC wins out or loses a game? I know highlands has one loss to one of the best teams in Ohio.
P4PChamp Wrote:Does anyone know what round of the playoffs Johnson Central and Highlands could potentially meet? Where would the game be played if JC wins out or loses a game? I know highlands has one loss to one of the best teams in Ohio.

Don't quote me, but I believe the 3rd week of the playoffs Highlands would meet JC at JC. The only way this would be at Highlands is if JC is not #1 seed. Last year playoffs were at Highlands and they alternate years so it should be at JC. By the way, how many hours is Johnson Central that from Cincinnati?
tradition Wrote:Don't quote me, but I believe the 3rd week of the playoffs Highlands would meet JC at JC. The only way this would be at Highlands is if JC is not #1 seed. Last year playoffs were at Highlands and they alternate years so it should be at JC. By the way, how many hours is that from Cincinnati?
A little over 3 hours.
[quote=BlackcatAlum]I beg to differ.

Most thought that JC would compete with CovCath in '06 and we all know how that one turned out. Highlands is as good, if not better than that '06 CovCath squad.[/QUOTE]

At the beginning of the season, I would have argued the bolded point. But based on the way the Birds have been playing, I think they are better than CCH in 06. Still think that JC is going to be a heck of a challenge for the Birds.
I watched highlands play the other night. Is their defense always been this good. They looked awsome.
Old School Eagle Wrote:I watched highlands play the other night. Is their defense always been this good. They looked awsome.

Yes, I think our defense has been very good all year long (the Colerain game being the exception to that). Hopkinsville did have some success passing the ball against us, but in that game we had two sophomores playing in the secondary that don't normally start. I don't know why they were playing so much because the normal starters weren't injured to the best of my knowledge. only reason I can think we had the sophomores in so much is that Mueller wanted to get them real game experience. No Ky team has scored more than one td against our true starting defense. Ryle scored one td, but I think we had a bunch of subs in at the time, although to be honest, I can't remember that for sure. Holmes scored one td, but that was an interception returned for a td. Dixie's scores were all on our jv team, comprised of primarily sophomores, late in the game after we pulled our starters. CovCath didn't score at all. I explained Hoptown already. Scott scored against a mix of starters and subs. And of course Lex Cath didn't score. We have a very good defense and with one of our two best D linemen just recently returning from a MRSA infection and still working his way into playing shape, its going to get even better. I'm sure however that when we play Ashland or JC, we'll find out just how good we are, as Ashland and JC are two very talented teams.
tradition Wrote:Don't quote me, but I believe the 3rd week of the playoffs Highlands would meet JC at JC. The only way this would be at Highlands is if JC is not #1 seed. Last year playoffs were at Highlands and they alternate years so it should be at JC. By the way, how many hours is Johnson Central that from Cincinnati?

I think you are correct after looking at the playoff format. District 5 plays District 6. The #1 seed from District 5 plays the #4 seed from District 6 and vice versa, #2 plays #3. Then those winners play and after that the last two standing play for the championship.

Another questionBig Grino either JC or Highlands provide an online stream of the audio or the video of their games?
P4PChamp Wrote:I think you are correct after looking at the playoff format. District 5 plays District 6. The #1 seed from District 5 plays the #4 seed from District 6 and vice versa, #2 plays #3. Then those winners play and after that the last two standing play for the championship.

Another questionBig Grino either JC or Highlands provide an online stream of the audio or the video of their games?

Highlands does not. Don't know if JC does.
P4PChamp Wrote:Does anyone know what round of the playoffs Johnson Central and Highlands could potentially meet? Where would the game be played if JC wins out or loses a game? I know highlands has one loss to one of the best teams in Ohio.

If JC is number 1 and Highlands is as well, they would potentially meet in round 3 at JC. If JC is number 2 in the district and Highlands is Number 1, then JC would travel to Highlands in the second round.
Thanks for the responses. I might just have to travel 5 1/2 hours or so to see this game if it ends up being at JC.