Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis County 08-09
How are they looking this season and what do they need to do to improve?
id say they might 50% of their games
I'd say LC will be no different than they have been. Mediocre at best.
There is no reason why they shouldn't win the district this year.No offense to the other fine schools meant. It will be a tough battle with Russell,Greenup and Raceland.

GO LIONS
Do it for all the WItten's in the County waiting and wondering when they'll get their chance from the GOBs to prove themselves.

Good luck LC. You have a difficult row to hoe but change is coming.:moon: :moon:
with witten out it will be tough fill that spot.
How long will Witten be out?? I think with him they are the best in the 63rd.
he should be back by early to mid december
gc23 Wrote:How long will Witten be out?? I think with him they are the best in the 63rd.
Get back soon Frankie. They should take the 63rd no problem.
gc23 Wrote:How long will Witten be out?? I think with him they are the best in the 63rd.

No offense, but ONE player does not make or break a team:dontthink
Lewis will win the 63rd easily if the GOB will keep their nose out of things.
wonderpeople Wrote:No offense, but ONE player does not make or break a team:dontthink

You have a point but in Lewis it does.:p :eek:

They have some other options in scoring if it is done right.:Thumbs:
you both are right. Lewis has other options on offense yes they would miss him alot but from what i have seen they would miss him more in the leader slot more than anywhere else. Anyways from what i have heard i doubt very much that they will have to play any without him, but if they do it will be a must to have Terrence Smith, the new transfer(chris Thompson) and Koty Riley step up their scoring.

kybaseball Wrote:You have a point but in Lewis it does.:p :eek:

They have some other options in scoring if it is done right.:Thumbs:
ukfootballrocks Wrote:you both are right. Lewis has other options on offense yes they would miss him alot but from what i have seen they would miss him more in the leader slot more than anywhere else. Anyways from what i have heard i doubt very much that they will have to play any without him, but if they do it will be a must to have Terrence Smith, the new transfer(chris Thompson) and Koty Riley step up their scoring.

Is Whitten going to be back before the season starts? I sure do hope so.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:you both are right. Lewis has other options on offense yes they would miss him alot but from what i have seen they would miss him more in the leader slot more than anywhere else. Anyways from what i have heard i doubt very much that they will have to play any without him, but if they do it will be a must to have Terrence Smith, the new transfer(chris Thompson) and Koty Riley step up their scoring.
If I remember there are 5 on the floor Not 3, and the bench. “TEAM” that what is takes to have a successful. Let us hope that what will take place and will have a chance to win district or region.:Thumbs: :thumpsup:
you are exactly right but certain players have certain roles. Not all five players on the team are scorers not all are ball handlers and not all are rebounders and defenders. It does take all 5 to make a "team" but it takes five guys doin there "jobs" rather it being hitting 3s or getting offensive rebounds after missed 3s to make a successful team. Look at Elliott Co for example chris knipp is their "workhorse" he does everything. Tyler Maynard was a zone breaker with a great shot. Its a TEAM sport but their are roles to be taken to be successful.

goal_line Wrote:If I remember there are 5 on the floor Not 3, and the bench. “TEAM” that what is takes to have a successful. Let us hope that what will take place and will have a chance to win district or region.:Thumbs: :thumpsup:
There is about a 70% chance he will make their first game. It will be tough for him to get back in shape after 6 weeks, but the fibula is not a weight barring bone so once its healed its healed. There should be very little problems with that. The only unfortunate thing is once it is broke once its very easy to do it again. Anyways like i was saying from the info i have about a 70% chance of him playing Dec 2.
kybaseball Wrote:Is Whitten going to be back before the season starts? I sure do hope so.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:you are exactly right but certain players have certain roles. Not all five players on the team are scorers not all are ball handlers and not all are rebounders and defenders. It does take all 5 to make a "team" but it takes five guys doin there "jobs" rather it being hitting 3s or getting offensive rebounds after missed 3s to make a successful team. Look at Elliott Co for example chris knipp is their "workhorse" he does everything. Tyler Maynard was a zone breaker with a great shot. Its a TEAM sport but their are roles to be taken to be successful.
The BENCH.:Thumbs:
goal_line Wrote:The BENCH.:Thumbs:

They don't seem to understand in Lewis what the bench and player developement unless it is a GOB kid that is. Also they think they can play Pitino ball.Smile Smile Smile
well I guess it won't be long until alot of "unsnawered" questions will be answered. But IMO, it will be the "same ole, same ole" LOL
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:well I guess it won't be long until alot of "unsnawered" questions will be answered. But IMO, it will be the "same ole, same ole" LOL

As far as I am concered there are no unanswered questions I can tell you right now it will be the same old ignorance.:Thumbs:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How are they looking this season and what do they need to do to improve?

What do thet need to improve? Go in and start clearing house with a lot of the GOB's would be a good starting point.Smile Smile
you have got to be kidding me lewis went the past 2 seasons using mostly platoons 5 in 5 out so i believe they do use their bench! Joe Hamoton is a very good coach if you contribute you will play UNLESS you WILL NOT play defense! what exactly you mean GOB- good ole boys??

kybaseball Wrote:They don't seem to understand in Lewis what the bench and player developement unless it is a GOB kid that is. Also they think they can play Pitino ball.Smile Smile Smile
ukfootballrocks Wrote:you have got to be kidding me lewis went the past 2 seasons using mostly platoons 5 in 5 out so i believe they do use their bench! Joe Hamoton is a very good coach if you contribute you will play UNLESS you WILL NOT play defense! what exactly you mean GOB- good ole boys??

No body here has said one bad word About Coach Hampton. But you keep on believeing what your trying to sell.

For example very good player named Shaw didn't get near the time he should have.

And as far as playing DEFENSE there is a player admits he doesn't play DEFENSE and he got plenty of time.

Sounds like I have stepped on a GOB toes. Sorry bout that.
kybaseball Wrote:They don't seem to understand in Lewis what the bench and player developement unless it is a GOB kid that is. Also they think they can play Pitino ball.Smile Smile Smile

I’m not an ESPN analyst:thatsfunn . I guess trying to say is 2 or 3 kids isn’t going to make a successful winning team:Thumbs: . Sometime it’s the 6th man :Thumbs: that gets the job done. I do think that the “GOB” will stick with the 2 or 3 instead of the team.A little insight in the “GOB”. There more involved in basketball program than any other sport in lc.
goal_line Wrote:I’m not an ESPN analyst:thatsfunn . I guess trying to say is 2 or 3 kids isn’t going to make a successful winning team:Thumbs: . Sometime it’s the 6th man :Thumbs: that gets the job done. I do think that the “GOB” will stick with the 2 or 3 instead of the team.A little insight in the “GOB”. There more involved in basketball program than any other sport in lc.

It will be more than that before it is over.Just look at what happen after tryouts on the middle school baseball team. A GOB wanted something boom it was done.Smile

Hey goaline since people are in the selling mood I bet things are going to change you interested?
I agree with KYbaseball. The good ol' boy system has wasted a lot of talent..... Regardless of the sport! Not to drag my team into a Lewis Co. thread, but they are PRIME example. Elliott has had many good players thru the years.... How many did it take before Mays started winning districts and regions?????? I'll answer that, It took 4 D1 players to win the man a region! GOB my A$$! Things need to change in these small towns.........Give these kids a chance! In lots of years, just one really good player can put you over the top with a quality coach instead of somebody's nephew!!!!!!!!!:mad:
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree with KYbaseball. The good ol' boy system has wasted a lot of talent..... Regardless of the sport! Not to drag my team into a Lewis Co. thread, but they are PRIME example. Elliott has had many good players thru the years.... How many did it take before Mays started winning districts and regions?????? I'll answer that, It took 4 D1 players to win the man a region! GOB my A$$! Things need to change in these small towns.........Give these kids a chance! In lots of years, just one really good player can put you over the top with a quality coach instead of somebody's nephew!!!!!!!!!:mad:

bigghog you are always welcome to any thread you want as far as i am concered. I know you know how things work and you know basketball.

I am glad you can see what we all are saying so people know the truth is being spoken.:Clap: :Clap:
if you are referring to zach shaw well heck hes one of my good friends and he will agree he earned his playing time lmao. You have to realize that i am very much involved in LC sports and to say im gob you are very wrong you would understand if you knew who i was. lol. i also know the kid you are talkin about that admitted to he dont play defense heck i know him better than anyone lol. i also beleive the kid you are talkin about gives alot of effort on the court on both ends seems he always one of the first on the floor after a loose ball. imo

kybaseball Wrote:No body here has said one bad word About Coach Hampton. But you keep on believeing what your trying to sell.

For example very good player named Shaw didn't get near the time he should have.

And as far as playing DEFENSE there is a player admits he doesn't play DEFENSE and he got plenty of time.

Sounds like I have stepped on a GOB toes. Sorry bout that.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:if you are referring to zach shaw well heck hes one of my good friends and he will agree he earned his playing time lmao. You have to realize that i am very much involved in LC sports and to say im gob you are very wrong you would understand if you knew who i was. lol. i also know the kid you are talkin about that admitted to he dont play defense heck i know him better than anyone lol. i also beleive the kid you are talkin about gives alot of effort on the court on both ends seems he always one of the first on the floor after a loose ball. imo

I know Zach earned his playing time.I don't think I implied he didn't.:mad:

I have not heard any player admitt they do not play defense
,that was shakin a tree and seen what would fall out statement.If you are so involved with LC sports open your eyes a little and look around,it's not hard to see if you know what you are looking for.Wink

If you are a player good luck this season I hope you guys GIT ER DONE.