Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District Championship
1st Game: 20-25 Belfry
2nd Game: 24-25 Belfry

One of the best most odd games ive ever watched. Pike Central came and was ready to play while Belfry was thinking they were going to coast. It sure is about time PC starts looking like the team they usually are.

Belfry made me sick, they showed NO class what so ever. PC got the runner up trophy and the bench cleared of screaming and yelling because they appreciate it of what kind of season they had. Now Belfry on the other hand, The team sat in the floor with a change of clothes, Coaches and all, while Paige Thacker and Amy McCoy went and got the trophy. Thacker took it and slammed it to Amy McCoy following a grumpy sit down. She got tourney MVP and didnt smile in the picture. It was just like winning another regular game. I'm absolutely 100% sure Phelps or Piarist would of busted some eardrums just to of been on the floor tonight.

Congratulations to the two teams All tourney members:
Belfry - Paige Thacker #6 (MVP)
Belfry - Brittany Branham #21
Belfry - Amy McCoy #11
Belfry - Alexis Howard #3
Pike Central - Tess Runyon #21
Pike Central - Candice Ward #22
Pike Central - Kayla Pennington #25

Good Luck in region to both teams.
If...Then Wrote:1st Game: 20-25 Belfry

One of the best most odd games ive ever watched. Pike Central came and was ready to play while Belfry was thinking they were going to coast. It sure is about time PC starts looking like the team they usually are.

Belfry made me sick, they showed NO class what so ever. PC got the runner up trophy and the bench cleared of screaming and yelling because they appreciate it of what kind of season they had. Now Belfry on the other hand, The team sat in the floor with a change of clothes, Coaches and all, while Paige Thacker and Amy McCoy went and got the trophy. Thacker took it and slammed it to Amy McCoy following a grumpy sit down. She got tourney MVP and didnt smile in the picture. It was just like winning another regular game. I'm absolutely 100% sure Phelps or Piarist would of busted some eardrums just to of been on the floor tonight.

Belfry - Amy McCoy #11

Belfry made me sick, they showed NO class what so ever.

Thats because they let a team like pc come that close to beating them.

Thats the best pc had. And probally the wosrt that belfry could play.
longhair33 Wrote:Belfry made me sick, they showed NO class what so ever.

Thats the best pc had. And probally the worst that belfry could play.

So what your trying to say is?

They were down on their self because they didnt play good. Thats all.

all teams do it.
longhair33 Wrote:Thats because they let a team like pc come that close to beating them.

They were down on their self because they didnt play good. Thats all.

all teams do it.

PC never really was bad, they just never gave effort

Well h3ll at least act like you appreciate winning a District Trophy
Well h3ll at least act like you appreciate winning a District Trophy[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% .
If...Then Wrote:1st Game: 20-25 Belfry

Belfry - Amy McCoy #11

First it wasn't McCoy, it was Katie Hubbard, the two seniors. But why should they celebrate, it's only the district. I'm sure the team goal is the region, and they wont celebrate until they get that. That isn't showing no class at all I don't think. But Belfry's players were pretty disgusted with the effort as was coaches, and they should have been.
Well for one you need to get your information correct before you post on here and are critical of players ( you don't know what that team is feeling and you shouldn't judge)...Our two seniors went and recieved the trophy Katie Hubbard and Paige Thacker, and Paige was trying to get Katie to hold the trophy after they sat down...

It took so long to recieve the trophy of course they got dressed, they have a trip ahead of them home....

And I don't know what pictures you are looking at but Paige is smiling in everyone I took of the group

You also left a player from belfry off the all tournament team #21 Brittany Branham.
kittykat Wrote:Well for one you need to get your information correct before you post on here and are critical of players ( you don't know what that team is feeling and you shouldn't judge)...Our two seniors went and recieved the trophy Katie Hubbard and Paige Thacker, and Paige was trying to get Katie to hold the trophy after they sat down...

It took so long to recieve the trophy of course they got dressed, they have a trip ahead of them home....

And I don't know what pictures you are looking at but Paige is smiling in everyone I took of the group

You also left a player from belfry off the all tournament team #21 Brittany Branham.

What could they possibly be feeling! Their most likely undefeated again and won district, AGAIN! and no no no Paige gave the trophy RIGHT when her and Katie Hubbard got it and the whole entire team laughed. Alexis Howard showed the best sportsmanship and heart out of all of them. She deserved the MVP. I figured Kayla Francis from PC would of gotten on the All-Tourney team also?

Plus, dont you think there might of been a picture that you didn't take?
If...Then Wrote:What could they possibly be feeling! Their most likely undefeated again and won district, AGAIN! and no no no Paige gave the trophy RIGHT when her and Katie Hubbard got it and the whole entire team laughedd

Undefeated? Ive seen Allen Central beat them twice
gish_7 Wrote:Undefeated? Ive seen Allen Central beat them twice

Thats why i wasnt for sure but I knew Belfry was close if not
If...Then Wrote:What could they possibly be feeling! Their most likely undefeated again and won district, AGAIN! and no no no Paige gave the trophy RIGHT when her and Katie Hubbard got it and the whole entire team laughed. Alexis Howard showed the best sportsmanship and heart out of all of them. She deserved the MVP

I don't respond to ignorance, because I do have class
gish_7 Wrote:Undefeated? Ive seen Allen Central beat them twice
Once, other was in preseason, both of those were early though, Belfry got them later on. But I think they meant undefeated in district.
Belfry lost three games this season so far, two came in the first three games and other came to Green County I think.
But yeah the handoff from Paige to Katie wasn't clasless at all, she was just getting the trophy to her so she could hold it.
I agree Belfry Wins! That may be the worst Belfry has played since a tournament in Ashland last year. Belfry knows what lies ahead and there is no reason to get all excited about winning the district. The girls are proud to have won another District Championship, but they know that it is just the first step to returning to the States. They acted like they were supposed to be there accepting that Championship trophy.
Each and every girl on the Belfry team is an integral part, but the person that deserved the MVP was Megan Staten who was somehow left off the all-tournament team. Not to take anything away from Paige or any other all-tournament selection, Paige is by all means the team leader and as she goes, Belfry goes, but IMO Megan Staten had the best tournament.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Each and every girl on the Belfry team is an integral part, but the person that deserved the MVP was Megan Staten who was somehow left off the all-tournament team. Not to take anything away from Paige or any other all-tournament selection, Paige is by all means the team leader and as she goes, Belfry goes, but IMO Megan Staten had the best tournament.

I totally agree that Megan should have been on the all tournament team. I don't know who picked them but someone sure messed up! She has had a great season. Congrats to the Lady Pirates on their win, and to Paige, Amy, Alex, and Brittany for making the all tournament team.
congratulations to the volleyhawks!
they have came along way this year
Congrats to both teams.
What was the score of the second game? It can't be 25-24????

I don't think anything would ever be good enough for Belfry unless they won a state championship Smile
the reason pike central celebrated so much they were happy they didnt get blown out by belfry the 5th game in a row the last time they played belfry had them 17 to 1 before the wolves were called off.

Belfrys expectations are alot higher than beating pike central. period. thats why it is hard for a team to get up for a team like them.
If...Then Wrote:What could they possibly be feeling! Their most likely undefeated again and won district, AGAIN! and no no no Paige gave the trophy RIGHT when her and Katie Hubbard got it and the whole entire team laughed. Alexis Howard showed the best sportsmanship and heart out of all of them. She deserved the MVP. I figured Kayla Francis from PC would of gotten on the All-Tourney team also?

You have got to be joking howard mvp come on thats going a little to far. and staten should have been on all tourney team
The scores were actually 25-19, 25-23.

bigsis22 Wrote:I totally agree that Megan should have been on the all tournament team. I don't know who picked them but someone sure messed up! She has had a great season. Congrats to the Lady Pirates on their win, and to Paige, Amy, Alex, and Brittany for making the all tournament team.
The opposing coaches that you play against pick it I'm almost 100 percent sure. But Staten's been great this year and def. should have been on the team. As should have Katie Hubbard, her setting ability allows the big hitters to get those. But you can't have everybody on it, but yeah Staten def deserved it.