Poll: Who wins this pivotal district matchup
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
44.44%
Woodford County
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodford Co @ Ashland - Oct. 11
This should be one of the better games of the week, and certainly one of the best for high school football on Saturday.

Woodford County, the #1 passing team in 5A (258 YPG) travels to Ashland, the #1 passing defense team in 5A (63 YPG).

Ashland also comes in ranked #7 in 5A for rush defense (136 YPG) as well as #2 in 5A for rushing attack (289 YPG).

The Tomcat attack will be spearheaded by their trio of Junior backs, Rashard Carter (781 yards), Josh Alber (419 yards), and Dominic Demartino (363 yards). Also, Freshman Sam Hunter has brought the intangible leader presence at the QB position solidifying the offense and limiting mistakes.

The Yellow Jacket offense starts and stops with QB Steven Duckworth (1344 yards) who is completing 70% of his passes. Duckworth is complemented by a set of 5 outstanding receivers, Bobby Neal (332 yards), Chris Jones (276 yards), Steven Peavler (271 yards), Alex Forkner (218 yards), and Jordan Carter (186 yards). Carter also gives the Yellow Jackets a running threat with an outstanding 7.5 yards per carry over the course of 40 carries this season.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I like Woodford 28-14
i hope Ashland pulls this one out!
I'll take Woodford in a barn burner.
Ashland

28-20
Ashland's defense has alot of speed and they are very agressive. But they haven't really faced a good passing team yet. To me this is where they are vulnerable. A good QB should be able to spread that defense out. If Ashland can't get to Duckworth than I think they are in trouble.

Woodford County 28
Ashland 21
Why is the game Saturday?
Woodford County in this one.
EkyLb Wrote:Why is the game Saturday?

Very long drive. Woodford is on the other side of Lexington. By bus the trip will take 3 hours or more, not to mention eating on the way back as well. Kids wouldn't be getting home until 2AM if it were played 7:30 PM on Friday. The same Saturday 6PM start time was used last year when Ashland went to Woodford.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Ashland 28 -21 in over time
Ashland 28
Woodford 27

missed extra point haunts the WOOD...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Ashland by 1pt in a shoot out.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal