Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 28 - Clay County 21
Final.
Congrats M'bo....any word if Lewis broke the record tonight, he jus needed 385 yrds.
he threw for 316
Congrats Middlesboro
I've never been much on morale victories but Clay County came out last night without Leading Wide receiver JV Hooker / hurt Leading Rusher CJ Miller / ejected in Letcher game and in then in Second Qtr the Defensive Captain & Millers replacement Ethan Nolan Went down With a Knee injury, and we still hung in there and almost pulled off the Win was a huge step forward for Clay.
I hate to see Lewis break Tim Couchs record because this kid is no Couch.
Why did Clay kick to Adams with 34 secs and the score tied????
Dumb
Really Dumb!
Yea old Jacket thats what those yellow jackets were saying about Lewis while he was picking your Swarming Defense apart throwing for 316 yards against your hive.
and thats without the help of his three top offensive weapons, you should be proud that Clay Counties B team almost took one away from you. What was stupid is tha fact that M-Boro Didn't try to kick a field goal when-they had the ball on the 6 yard line.

Have a good time being Corbins play toy.
Uncalled for OldJacket. ZL has earned everything coming to him. You should be glad he's a mountain boy.
Old Jacket Wrote:I hate to see Lewis break Tim Couchs record because this kid is no Couch.
I think I'm right when I say that Lewis has thrown for over 700 yards in the last 2 games vs Middlesboro.
The Tim Couch's are few and far between but as far as Ky high school QB's are, Lewis is one of the best ever. Remember, numbers don't lie. The kid has revived the Clay Co program single handedly. Love to see our Mt. kids excel.
fan first Wrote:I think I'm right when I say that Lewis has thrown for over 700 yards in the last 2 games vs Middlesboro.
The Tim Couch's are few and far between but as far as Ky high school QB's are, Lewis is one of the best ever. Remember, numbers don't lie. The kid has revived the Clay Co program single handedly. Love to see our Mt. kids excel.

Yes, he is a very good QB. He has a quick release, and has good composure in the pocket. M'boro let me down in the second half, we also have some of our key defensive players banged up. Just glad that Hunter saved the game for us. Congrats to both teams on a very good game. :rockon:
Hilbily Wrote:Uncalled for OldJacket. ZL has earned everything coming to him. You should be glad he's a mountain boy.

When did Leslie Co. move out of the mountains?
Animal65 Wrote:Yea old Jacket thats what those yellow jackets were saying about Lewis while he was picking your Swarming Defense apart throwing for 316 yards against your hive.
and thats without the help of his three top offensive weapons, you should be proud that Clay Counties B team almost took one away from you. What was stupid is tha fact that M-Boro Didn't try to kick a field goal when-they had the ball on the 6 yard line.

Have a good time being Corbins play toy.

M'boro does a lot of stupid things, don't you know who they have as a coach? Come on get with the program!Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
Redhound Pride Wrote:Why did Clay kick to Adams with 34 secs and the score tied????
Dumb
Really Dumb!

Agreed...the last person that should have been given a chance with the ball was Adams.

Squib the KO and try your luck in OT...
Middlesboro blows out Clay with a different coach. 21-0 Middlesboro and Middlesboro just sit back and let them come back... Hunter Adams has a kickoff return first thing and they called it back for holding 30 yards from where Hunter even was on the field.
fan first Wrote:I think I'm right when I say that Lewis has thrown for over 700 yards in the last 2 games vs Middlesboro.

Single-handidly?
Those receivers who graduated last year had a lot to do with the improvement.
I will agree that the lewis kid is a great QB tim couch passing title is good as gone it will be # 2. Everybody talks about how good they are and that is good for the MTN sports. But the bottom line lets look at how many years they played QB for the high school i believe 4 years. Which is great that they are able as a freshman. Mtn football has had a lot of good QB in the past. One team that sticks out is Breathitt co. Kyle Moore threw for over 10,000 yards in 3years. with a state title. Justin Haddix 2 year with over 8,000 yards with a state title Alan sperry 2 years with 9,000yards. And if you do the numbers on these guys you will see they would have broke the record a long time ago. I am not saying this to make anybody mad i like to compare numbers is all. The Mtns do have the best QBs anywhere you want to look in Ky. I would like to Congratulate Lewis on his new record that he will have.!!!!!!!!!