Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill 52 - Berea 12
Final. Congrats Guys!
Estill Co is the best non top 10 team is this state.But that ok we know how good they are. Keep up the good neers
Congrats, you guys are playing hard.
Keep up the good work,way to play as a team tonight.:letsparty
Good game Neers, happy to see us throw the football a little bit tonight and if I may add, good job Hoover. I was extremely pleased to see our JV get some fourth quarter playing time. That is always a positive, however, knowing that we have a good football team it is very difficult to know how good we are until we play the mighty Phelps. (Yes that is sarcasm), seriously can anyone out there in Engineer land tell me any thing about Phelps, such as there mascot , record over the past oh, lets say 5 yrs . Is it to late for us to drop this game and try at the last minute to get another sacrificial lamb that is closer to home? Such as, maybe, Jackson or Wolfe county. After all a 70-0 game here would be a lot less expensive than a 80-0 game 3hrs from home. I'm really not trying to be difficult but how in the world did we end up with phelps. A fan that cares!!!
Neers keep on Steam rolling! Congrats Estill.
A very well played game, and a good crowd turn out. Job well done.
Congrats to Estill. Keep it up!
Estill was 3 of 4 passing, one for a TD and another for a 2pt. conversionConfusedhh::eek:. The JV came in the 3rd quarter. In the second half the starters played one series on each side of the ball before the younger ones came in, and did quite well. By the way the varsity "D" kept Berea out of the end zone. In the 1st 6 games the varsity defense has only allowed 5 touchdowns. Pineville 0, Bourbon 1, Powell 2, Breathitt 0, Fleming 2, Berea 0.
estillalum#43 Wrote:Good game Neers, happy to see us throw the football a little bit tonight and if I may add, good job Hoover. I was extremely pleased to see our JV get some fourth quarter playing time. That is always a positive, however, knowing that we have a good football team it is very difficult to know how good we are until we play the mighty Phelps. (Yes that is sarcasm), seriously can anyone out there in Engineer land tell me any thing about Phelps, such as there mascot , record over the past oh, lets say 5 yrs . Is it to late for us to drop this game and try at the last minute to get another sacrificial lamb that is closer to home? Such as, maybe, Jackson or Wolfe county. After all a 70-0 game here would be a lot less expensive than a 80-0 game 3hrs from home. I'm really not trying to be difficult but how in the world did we end up with phelps. A fan that cares!!!

Here's an idea...STAY AT HOME!!!!!!!!:ChairHit:
Hey there Estillland! What is Estills record this year? I follow them a bit & know you're much imporoved. Congrats on that? Any chance to win the district this year?
RedDevilStXIUFan Wrote:Hey there Estillland! What is Estills record this year? I follow them a bit & know you're much imporoved. Congrats on that? Any chance to win the district this year?

Record is 5-1. The one loss was a 7-6 heartbreaker to Breathitt at Breathitt. The defense held the Bobcats scoreless, but Breathitt found a way to score on defense with an 80 some yard fumble return for a touchdown. Estill had the ball 34 minutes time of posession in this game.

Estill has a district record of 2-1, with wins over Powell and Fleming. Harlan Co. remains as the final district foe. The way it's shaping up, they will be playing for the #2 spot and home for the 1st playoff game against the Garrad, Wayne, Taylor district. That is assuming that Harlan beats Powell. One would think that Harlan would be favored in the Powell game, but anything can happen.

Estill has always had a lot of respect for the Devils. Always enjoyed playing them, but kind of glad we don't have to see you anymore either (if you know what I mean).
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:Record is 5-1. The one loss was a 7-6 heartbreaker to Breathitt at Breathitt. The defense held the Bobcats scoreless, but Breathitt found a way to score on defense with an 80 some yard fumble return for a touchdown. Estill had the ball 34 minutes time of posession in this game.

Estill has a district record of 2-1, with wins over Powell and Fleming. Harlan Co. remains as the final district foe. The way it's shaping up, they will be playing for the #2 spot and home for the 1st playoff game against the Garrad, Wayne, Taylor district. That is assuming that Harlan beats Powell. One would think that Harlan would be favored in the Powell game, but anything can happen.

Estill has always had a lot of respect for the Devils. Always enjoyed playing them, but kind of glad we don't have to see you anymore either (if you know what I mean).

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear aout the game against Breathitt. I would have LOVED to see you guys beat them. lol, yeah but you always gave Russell fits. We're not at Ruseell anymore, but you may want a shot at them this year. They seem to be struggeling with "finding" themselves this year. They're still Russell but I think it would be a fun game to watch. Estill up, Russell a little down, woould be fun to watch...
Yeah, so much 4 Berea's undefeated season, (no offense to anyone). Im anxious 4 baseball season to start up here at Estill. We should have a really good team this year Big Grin
estillalum#43 Wrote:Good game Neers, happy to see us throw the football a little bit tonight and if I may add, good job Hoover. I was extremely pleased to see our JV get some fourth quarter playing time. That is always a positive, however, knowing that we have a good football team it is very difficult to know how good we are until we play the mighty Phelps. (Yes that is sarcasm), seriously can anyone out there in Engineer land tell me any thing about Phelps, such as there mascot , record over the past oh, lets say 5 yrs . Is it to late for us to drop this game and try at the last minute to get another sacrificial lamb that is closer to home? Such as, maybe, Jackson or Wolfe county. After all a 70-0 game here would be a lot less expensive than a 80-0 game 3hrs from home. I'm really not trying to be difficult but how in the world did we end up with phelps. A fan that cares!!!

I was not impressed with the passing game. Too many players getting to our QB, and this was "Berea". It takes practice and hours of it to have a GOOD passing game which involves, blocking, route running and QB work (trust in this, I KNOW, for I have been there). I agree with you 43 on the Phelps deal. I would rather play Henry Clay, Clark Co, Madison Central, Scott Co, East or Wes Jessamine, Franklin Co, Rockastle Co, Danville, Boyle Co, see where I am going with this, not only is it above terrrible competition, you do see how good you are and what you need to work on. It is hard to feel accomplished when you don't play and beat good teams. On the Phelps issue Phelps may be if not the worst Football team statewide period. They have not been even close to average since Butch Jocklin a long time Pikeville assistant, left Pikeville, to go there. So, hope this helps with the Phelps question. As a football coach, player, or fan, I would much rather be playing Belfry or Pikeville in Pike County than "Phelps". A win is not a win as much as a moral victory is not a victory. Now, had we beat Breathitt, which we came close to doing, that would have been a good win. However, that caliber of competition helps you get better, win or lose.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Yeah, so much 4 Berea's undefeated season, (no offense to anyone). Im anxious 4 baseball season to start up here at Estill. We should have a really good team this year Big Grin

Did anyone anywhere honestly think that Berea would stay within 40+ points of Estill. If they did then they should rethink their knowledge of not just Football, but sports period.
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:Estill was 3 of 4 passing, one for a TD and another for a 2pt. conversionConfusedhh::eek:. The JV came in the 3rd quarter. In the second half the starters played one series on each side of the ball before the younger ones came in, and did quite well. By the way the varsity "D" kept Berea out of the end zone. In the 1st 6 games the varsity defense has only allowed 5 touchdowns. Pineville 0, Bourbon 1, Powell 2, Breathitt 0, Fleming 2, Berea 0.

One good team, I would not mention the other 5, they are terrible. Keeping Breathitt out is impressive. Letting Powell and Bourbon score is not.