Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest upset in tournament
What is the biggest upset in your District Tournament over the last ten year period ?
one that comes to mind is sheldon clark over paintsville, first round of districts in 2003. Nothing against that sheldon clark team, they were good, but paintsville was really good. I think they only had 3 losses all year going into that game and a clear favorite in district and region.
It was not a district game it was the regional championship game 2006 between Paintsville & Sheldon Clark at Pike Central.....Paintsville had this game in the bag and the coaches gave it away with only 3 outs to go.....Daniel Pugh ended up to be the losing pitcher. Paintsville was up 5 runs and they pulled Shane Grimm without even telling him....they had one of the players go and tell him to go to left field.....Paintsville Coaches changed every single player in the infield for this one move except for Corey Adams as catcher. Long story short.....Paintsville lost. Major upset....should go down in the books as the biggest upset ever in 15th region. Why coaches did this is still a mystery.
Shelby Valley over Pikeville (4 seed over 1 seed) in 2001 first round comes to mind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
eastkyhunter Wrote:one that comes to mind is sheldon clark over paintsville, first round of districts in 2003. Nothing against that sheldon clark team, they were good, but paintsville was really good. I think they only had 3 losses all year going into that game and a clear favorite in district and region.

I didn't think that game was an upset at all. Paintsville was very good that year but the score was 11-0 and not a game decided by controversy. If you remember SC had a player with a straight steal of home called out even though he was easily safe. Sheldon Clark made a couple of nice catches in the outfield and just beat the heck out of the baseball that game. I don't think the park over at Magoffin County has seen such a crowd like that since that game.
Brian Milam Wrote:I didn't think that game was an upset at all. Paintsville was very good that year but the score was 11-0 and not a game decided by controversy. If you remember SC had a player with a straight steal of home called out even though he was easily safe. Sheldon Clark made a couple of nice catches in the outfield and just beat the heck out of the baseball that game. I don't think the park over at Magoffin County has seen such a crowd like that since that game.

I agree I dont think that was an upset at all either, Sheldon Clark was loaded that year and just thumped Paintsville, and then of course Sheldon Clark ran into that red hot Allen Central team in the region that sent them packing.