Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCMS and the New Harlan Patriots
I forgot to add how nice the Johnson Central kids were after the game was over while mingling with some of the New Harlan players. They "left it on the field" as it should be. Great group of young men. Very respectful. This was also the case when we played LCC. These kids respect each other after a battle on the field and they were nothing but complimentary to each other after giving it their all on the field. I love seeing that.
Mama Bear Wrote:I hope it's just a rumor. That would be a step in the wrong direction.

I dont see Coach Larkey splitin up the New Harlan team.i have seen him at some of the games and really enjoys watchin those group of boys playin.i have also heard him say he cant wait to get New Harlan,Evarts, and Cumberland together. "i think we have something special here".he has seen all the Jr. high school play.i think Larkey will be around for along time.:Thumbs:
Mama Bear Wrote:I forgot to add how nice the Johnson Central kids were after the game was over while mingling with some of the New Harlan players. They "left it on the field" as it should be. Great group of young men. Very respectful. This was also the case when we played LCC. These kids respect each other after a battle on the field and they were nothing but complimentary to each other after giving it their all on the field. I love seeing that.

I watched your son with my son on the field too. I too got to watch during the game. Kids helping others up and tapping shoulder pads after a good play....
Leaving it on the field can be difficult to do sometimes but I am glad that the kids from NHC were respectful... Ya know it takes alot for kids and parents to not say bad things when you are getting beat. And I mean that for us too. it is easy for our mouths to fly open after a game or during a game when things are not going right.... But we soon forget when they are going right we dont say as much.. It must have to do with the SMILING muscles.. I guess when you smile your complaining muscles dont work...
but if you are frowning,, well I guess that lets those muscles fly loose.... Even us coaches forget......... I think we grow everyday with our kids.. I am glad that we have the opportunity to be here and watch our children do great things.........
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I would've loved to have watched the New Harlan-28 vs Johnson County Central-8 game. I read in the paper that Johnson County didn't have the ball long and couldn't do much with it when they had it. They must have had some defense though, but not enough to stop the New Harlan Patriots. Good job young men, keep working hard, and keep your goal in sight and in focus. Hard work pays off.
yea all i can say is new harlan come out to play and they have 3 really great running back and they are not afriad to run the ball against anyone but you all talk about bell.co being so good if there so good then why wont they play the new harlan patroits any answers? well u have to addmet it new harlan has a great deffense with 2 of the greatest linebackers in the state Jordan Turner #5 , and Tucker Lewis #19 they really do bring it if u was there u kno how #5 brought it he was stopping there great fullback in the backfeild... on the 2nd play i think Turner and maggared hit him for a loss of about 4 yards but they are a good team ill give them that but...new harlan is just better good job to the 7-0 Patroits
The Maggard kid is an athlete and yes he can, as you say, bring it. I was impressed with his QB skills. He can throw it, accurately, and way down the field too. If noone is open, he can run it very well too. He's got the makings and he is a good kid. The New Harlan Patriots are an athletic group all around the field and on both sides of the ball. I hope to get to see them play before the season is over. I'm really impressed with their program. When do they play again?
They play Thursday Oct. 9 against Leslie Co. It's the 7/8 grade homecoming. Next Thursday they play their last home game against Knox Central. Oct 25 Play-Offs and hopefully Nov.1 Championship.