Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
69.70%
Boyd County
30.30%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. vs. Boyd Co. - Sept. 26
Well this is the first game of the district for both schools. LC will come out looking to get their first win of the year and a big district win.
LC 21
Boyd 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I see LC finally getting a W from their rough 3 game losses
I like the Bulldogs in this one.

Best of luck to both!
I'm gonna take BC in this one. They will be ready for this game mentally, unlike the Breathitt game. I don't see LC having an answer for Wilson.
Lawrence County
This is a tough call. I never know what LC team is going to show up. Is it the one who played Belfry and Pburg, or the one who played N Laurel and Sheldon Clark? Does anyone know the status of Ben Preston?
lawrencefan Wrote:This is a tough call. I never know what LC team is going to show up. Is it the one who played Belfry and Pburg, or the one who played N Laurel and Sheldon Clark? Does anyone know the status of Ben Preston?
What happen to Ben ? I wasn't at the game had to work please fill me in .
#56 hurt his knee. He is supposed to have an MRI on it but he says he will be ready by Friday. I sure hope so. They are thinking he hyperextended it, a strain on the mcl but no tears.
I believe Lawrence will get their 1st win 28-14.
Ben Preston will play Friday at Boyd.
dawgmom Wrote:#56 hurt his knee. He is supposed to have an MRI on it but he says he will be ready by Friday. I sure hope so. They are thinking he hyperextended it, a strain on the mcl but no tears.
He's a tough kid I hope it is just a strain he's the heart of the line for LC and they need him in there but not if he's really hurt because they will be other games for him he's only a junior.
I see LC getting their first win and i think they will do much better in district play due to their non-district schedule.
This should be one of the better games around this week. If Lawrence can make it a low scoring game they should get their first win.

On the other hand, if Wilson is able to make plays in the open field Boyd can put up some points.

Its a toss up.
Dawg Family Wrote:He's a tough kid I hope it is just a strain he's the heart of the line for LC and they need him in there but not if he's really hurt because they will be other games for him he's only a junior.

i really disagree.dont get me wrong im not sayin ben is not a good ball player because he is a good linemen..i just disagree with saying he is the heart of the line because the other linemen are out there playing just like him and without the other linemen the line fails
Lawrence county will roll in this one. This is a big rivalry game that is always a classic to watch. Ill take the dawgs 28-12
the point dawg family is trying to get across is that ben is the best lineman on the team as well as the strongest and without him the dawgs are missing a main ingredient
dawg2011 Wrote:the point dawg family is trying to get across is that ben is the best lineman on the team as well as the strongest and without him the dawgs are missing a main ingredient
Thank you for haveing my back and I couldn't have said it any better . I know all the kids and I know they have to play as one but they look up to Ben he's a 3 year starter and he is the leader of this line on both sides of the ball. And it's been seen this year that if Ben is haveing a bad game it seem's like the hole team is. I am not trying to take any thing away from the others but leader ship is earned not given and Ben has earned this responsibilty. Good luck Dawgs go out Friday and get you some Lions.:Thumbs:
Dawg Family Wrote:Thank you for haveing my back and I couldn't have said it any better . I know all the kids and I know they have to play as one but they look up to Ben he's a 3 year starter and he is the leader of this line on both sides of the ball. And it's been seen this year that if Ben is haveing a bad game it seem's like the hole team is. I am not trying to take any thing away from the others but leader ship is earned not given and Ben has earned this responsibilty. Good luck Dawgs go out Friday and get you some Lions.:Thumbs:

Ben is a fine young man, and his passion is for football, nothing else, always has been always will, and he would be sorely missed. You could ask any of the lineman, even those playing behind him, and they will tell you the same thing.
Bc 21 Lc 6
Boyd Co. by 3
Twitter: @tc_analytics

lc takes this
I'm gonna have to take back my earlier prediction, I'm taking LC in this one by 10. I don't think BC has the D to keep LC out of the endzone very much. BC is very streaky on the D side.

I think this is the first of a 2 game win streak for the Bulldogs.
Who is considered the favorite in this district? Greenup?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Who is considered the favorite in this district? Greenup?
We will find out after FridayBig Grin
I Am Going To Pick Lc In This One But It Will Be A Low Scoring Game Seems We Can't Get More Than Two Td's A Game. I Think The Kids Will Show Up To Play Just Hope The Coaching Staff Does A Better Job Calling The Plays Than They Did Last Week. Defense Has Looked Really Good This Year Secondary Needs Work But Up Front Were Tough Thanks To Coach Cecil Lc In A Close One 14-13
Who do you think has the better QB?
dawg2011 Wrote:Who do you think has the better QB?

Boyd County.
dawg2011 Wrote:Who do you think has the better QB?

Definetly BC, Zak Wilson is the best player in Eky hands down.
soldierofthelord Wrote:I Am Going To Pick Lc In This One But It Will Be A Low Scoring Game Seems We Can't Get More Than Two Td's A Game. I Think The Kids Will Show Up To Play Just Hope The Coaching Staff Does A Better Job Calling The Plays Than They Did Last Week. Defense Has Looked Really Good This Year Secondary Needs Work But Up Front Were Tough Thanks To Coach Cecil Lc In A Close One 14-13

AMEN!
soldierofthelord Wrote:I Am Going To Pick Lc In This One But It Will Be A Low Scoring Game Seems We Can't Get More Than Two Td's A Game. I Think The Kids Will Show Up To Play Just Hope The Coaching Staff Does A Better Job Calling The Plays Than They Did Last Week. Defense Has Looked Really Good This Year Secondary Needs Work But Up Front Were Tough Thanks To Coach Cecil Lc In A Close One 14-13

Very good coach. LC has a very good staff. Probably all still adjusting to the new head coach, but they have a very excellent staff. BC has a very good staff also. Possibly a future Russell coach on the sidelines in this game, maybe, maybe not you never know.