Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 08-09
14thregionrules Wrote:Amburgey and Richardson will help the pats out alot , amburgey can pitch and richardson can play about anywhere

i seen richardson play up at the sportssplex this summer with my wife i didnt know he played centerfield
baseballisthekey Wrote:i seen richardson play up at the sportssplex this summer with my wife i didnt know he played centerfield

Yes, he plays every position well.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Steriods?Piont Shavings? come on, why put these stuff on here?
warmachine Wrote:Jamie Couch will do a great job. He doesnt put up with ANY crap. He was a great player and he is a great role model to the kids. I heard there was a lot of bat shaving going on at JBS last year.

"BAT SHAVING???" OK I'll ask, what is that?
frankie21 Wrote:Though I am very impressed with your knowledge of the area, I still do not see Knott winning 18-20 games. No matter the schedule. They have a new coach don't they, that will affect the players that have been there. And how are they going to be if Potter and King don't get ruled eligible. Either way two guys are not going to bring wins to an already mediocre team. It just won't happen. With that schedule I'll give them 12 games whether the two kids are eligible or not, and I'm being generous.

If King and Potter are eligible they will win more than 12 games. This team has a good young pitching staff without King and Potter, but with addition of Adams and possibly King and Potter they will be even better and deeper on the mountd. Good pitching can keep you in a lot of games and with the additional bats they (IMO) will be over .500.
As for starting I feel they should all have to EARN their playing time and I believe Coach Couch will make sure that's the way it is.
GO PATRIOTS
FBIMAN Wrote:If King and Potter are eligible they will win more than 12 games. This team has a good young pitching staff without King and Potter, but with addition of Adams and possibly King and Potter they will be even better and deeper on the mountd. Good pitching can keep you in a lot of games and with the additional bats they (IMO) will be over .500.
As for starting I feel they should all have to EARN their playing time and I believe Coach Couch will make sure that's the way it is.
GO PATRIOTS

Ok even if they do have pitchers they still will get beat by what they always do. D....E....F....E....N....S....E. No they won't win more than 12, if they do I will be shocked and they mightwin oh 13 if they win more. I'm not giving Knott County any credit until they earn. And I just don't see them earning a lot of respect becasue of 2 players. It takes I think 7-9 to make a successful team. No way does Knott have much success this year....they will be the same as always.
frankie21 Wrote:Ok even if they do have pitchers they still will get beat by what they always do. D....E....F....E....N....S....E. No they won't win more than 12, if they do I will be shocked and they mightwin oh 13 if they win more. I'm not giving Knott County any credit until they earn. And I just don't see them earning a lot of respect becasue of 2 players. It takes I think 7-9 to make a successful team. No way does Knott have much success this year....they will be the same as always.

Knott had several solid players from last year, so add 3-4 more SOLID players to the mix and your DEFENSE gets a lot better. I agree this team will need to earn respect in the district and region after last year, but I think you will have to give them some respect at the end of the season. I am sure they know they don't have any respect from anyone and I see them working really hard to prove everyone out there wrong....I will stick to my statement, they will be over .500 IF everyone is eligible.
Knott will be very much improved this season. Hammonds had a great run at KCC, but a change has been needed for awhile. I look for more kids to come out and with some additions with transferes they'll be fine. Not sure if they'll be a contender to win the region,but they will not be an easy win. Couch will do good job. Should be able to make it out of the district as long as they don't draw Lethcer Central.
for all the people that think kcc isnt goin to win any this year im goin to go ahead and tell you that u are crazy.. i played on kcc's team that last won district and i am still playing and i can go ahead and tell u that this team has way more talent and has a very good chance of winning district and goin deep into the region this year..if king gets eligable we r goin to have one of the best if not the best cather in the region and potter has already been ruled eligable and adams is a very solid player anywhere u put him and there are also a few more players that r coming out this year it should be a very fun year..potter is only a sophmore but has been started since 6th grade and has had alot of experiance playing with hammonds and knows what it takes to win and has played in region 3 times mullins,king,potter,and adams will be the leaders of this team and will having them winning all year
i think kcc will do a lot better this year. potter has already been ruled eligible. and with adams eligible and mullins returning. i see kcc as and over .500 team. mullins can play anywhere on the field as he proved last season. adams and potter are both really good on the mound and the field. mullins has a really good bat also. i think he hit around .600 last season. adams and potter also have great bats so add those the lineup and kcc will be dangerous next season.
There is no doubt that Coach COUCH will do a great job and I think he will be able to motivate and connect with the young kids today which is what Knott Co. needed. If given 2 or 3 years Jamie will have a winner back at Knott Co. and thats how it should be nicest field in the region.
triplemaniaman Wrote:KCC and JBS will be one of the best teams ever in KHSAA history, other teams need to save their time and money due to gas prices now and forget the trip to KNOTT this year belongs to the 2009 state champs the Knott Co. Central Patriots and the June Buchanan Crusaders.....

you have got to be kidding right? ill give you that knott co recieved a good player in king if he gets elligible but ur going way out on a limb with what your sayin i doubt they can be that good in just one year time... gosh i hope you was joking.... Jc#14
does anyone know if king is going to be elligible this season?
as of right now king is not eligible.. he is waiting on the appeal to go through. then he will know
Ok, I can see that most people on this thread believe that Knott Co. will win this year and I repeatedly argue that there is no way.

AND I STILL STRESS THAT THERE IS NO WAY THAT THEY WILL WIN.

This new coach, Couch, I'm not gonna take anything away from him, but Hammonds was a good coach. AND THEY WON 2 GAMES LAST YEAR. Cordia and South Floyd, which is a joke. They lost to Jenkins for god sake. The only reason they will probably make it to region this year is because they are getting JBS players. But I promise they will be one and done in the region no doubt about it. I don't care if Knott County gets Vladimir Guerrero on their team this year, they still couldn't find a way to win. I told one of my friends at work that played for Knott Co. when I played for Perry Central a few years ago about how I argue with a bunch of ppl that think Knott will be good this year, and he laughed histerically. He said there is absolutely no way they will win more than 10 games. And that is coming from an alumni of the program. They lucked up and beat Lee county a few years ago in the region, and then we smashed them.

kcc2011....i don't blame you for wanting to support your team, I would do the same thing, but lets be honest here. If you were on the team last year....how did it feel winning 2 whole games the whole season. Well sorry but it isnt gonna get much better.

BUT, even if they might be able to squeeze out some more talent....just maybe.....they still have a new coach which means less chemistry which means less winning. A lot of things have to contribute to having a winning team. I have played on them.....Knott county does not have what it takes. Not yet anyways.
frankie21 Wrote:Ok, I can see that most people on this thread believe that Knott Co. will win this year and I repeatedly argue that there is no way.

AND I STILL STRESS THAT THERE IS NO WAY THAT THEY WILL WIN.

This new coach, Couch, I'm not gonna take anything away from him, but Hammonds was a good coach. AND THEY WON 2 GAMES LAST YEAR. Cordia and South Floyd, which is a joke. They lost to Jenkins for god sake. The only reason they will probably make it to region this year is because they are getting JBS players. But I promise they will be one and done in the region no doubt about it. I don't care if Knott County gets Vladimir Guerrero on their team this year, they still couldn't find a way to win. I told one of my friends at work that played for Knott Co. when I played for Perry Central a few years ago about how I argue with a bunch of ppl that think Knott will be good this year, and he laughed histerically. He said there is absolutely no way they will win more than 10 games. And that is coming from an alumni of the program. They lucked up and beat Lee county a few years ago in the region, and then we smashed them.

kcc2011....i don't blame you for wanting to support your team, I would do the same thing, but lets be honest here. If you were on the team last year....how did it feel winning 2 whole games the whole season. Well sorry but it isnt gonna get much better.

BUT, even if they might be able to squeeze out some more talent....just maybe.....they still have a new coach which means less chemistry which means less winning. A lot of things have to contribute to having a winning team. I have played on them.....Knott county does not have what it takes. Not yet anyways.

You are entitled to your opinion, but whichever one of us is wrong needs to admit it (on here)when the baseball season is over this coming year since you have stated your opinion so strongly.
IMO, if Potter & King are eligible, along with Adams and the young pitching that KNOTT already had you are going to see a totally different team. Yeah they only won 2 games last year, but the schedule isn't near as tough this year.
With the additional bats, gloves and pitching Knott will be much improved and will be over .500 this year. It will be between them and Letcher for the District which is "SEEDED" this year and neither JBS, Jenkins or Cordia can beat Knott this coming year. Letcher only beat the King kid in the finals of the District 3-0 on 1 earned run last year. This Knott county team with the additions of Adams, King and Potter will be as good or better than last years JBS team, So tell your Knott County alumni co-worker to come watch some games this year to see if he should be laughing or not. Don't judge this team by what happened last year, Hammonds had a very inexperienced team and a VERY tough schedule. I think by mid-season they will start earning a little respect. As for team chemistry, most of these kids have played summer ball together in Little League, Babe Ruth/AABC, and Senior League, so I don't see that will be a problem. We can rehash this about the end of April and see where they stand at that time.
team chemistry will not be a problem at knott county this year.. all of these kids have been around each other their whole lives and most have played together... the pitching staff will win knott county games.... potter, mullins, adams.. are all ready to go for the season.. king is waiting to hear about eligibility... so imo they will be a tough team to beat with those guys in the lineup
Jeter_theman Wrote:Only Couch knows that. And he'll make that decision based on performance during workouts, practice, and games.

Cox, Stamper, and Amburgey will not come out. Cox and Stamper are hoping to play college basketball.

Amburgey played last year. Cox is possible but there is no way Stamper will come out. If he did it would be a great addition to the team he is a really good athlete and in his AABC days he was a great baseball player.