Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg '06
What are everyone's thoughts?

P-burg suprised a lot of people last year winning 17 games and only losing 2 seniors, they should have a good year.
Yea im very excited bout baseball season there going to be good...
I'm going to have to knock Prestonsburg down a notch or two by saying that of those 17 wins...1 win, came against a team with a winning record....and that was against Allen Central who outscored Prestonsburg 29-10 in the other two games...

If they have the same schedule as last year they'll win the same amount of games...With a slightly tougher schedule they'll win around 10....
Didn't know that Alfus.....hmmmmm
Pburg will have (SR) Brenton Hamilton and (SO) Josh Raughdbaugh and (JR) Tyler Layne. they should be decent.
I hope they do better in baseball than football
good luck guys
Ac will be the toughest in the 58th
blackcats all the way
magoffin county also has a good team this year if i'm thinking right we beat prestonsburg last season i dont reamber the score but i think this year we would make a good match up ant thoughts?
I just cant wait to watch Brenton Hamilton
agreed shafter 9 brenton hamilton is a high school stand out
Alfus I do agree, but Prestonsburg did be AC and should have beat SC (Poor base running) They were just as good as anyone in that region.

Don't forget about Nick McGuire and Bobby Hughes.
"Hornetfan07" Wrote:magoffin county also has a good team this year if i'm thinking right we beat prestonsburg last season i dont reamber the score but i think this year we would make a good match up ant thoughts?

Prestonsburg was cheated out of that game, IDC what anyone says. They hit 3 homeruns in the 9th inning and were called back because they said they all went under the fence, yet they couldn't find the balls Smile
I think Prestonsburg will have a great year this year but I hope they can give pikeville and JC and paintsville a run for there money, and win the 58th district !
i think that prestonsburg should have a pretty good season this year
how many games does prestonsburg play in a season

pikeville played 44 games an won 37 of them
Prestonsburg should be a pretty solid team in the 2006 season. They return Hamilton, Rodebaugh, Layne, Huhes, McGuire, and Shephed. Those key players should lead the Blackcats to a pretty good year. However, any time someone loses a lead-off hitter with the caliber Brandon Campbell had, they will be down. I don't think anyone on that team can get on base as consistently as he did. He was the leader of the Blackcat squad last season, and he always kept the players in line and was always a part of whatever rally Prestonsburg had going. He will be missed, but don't worry P'Burg, your Blackcats will have an excellent season in '06.
I'm not sure how many games is on there schedule this year, but they played close to 30 games last year winning 19.

SOK, Campbell is a good player, it's to bad he wasn't able to play college ball anywhere.
"Tough Turf" Wrote:I hope they do better in baseball than football
good luck guys
Yea i do to thanks a bunch...Your the greatest.....
"shafter9" Wrote:Yea i do to thanks a bunch...Your the greatest.....

Yeah shafter9,that really pissed me off also.

GO CATS!!
i think p-burg will come out with a great season this year
P burg will be good. They will be hurting in the lead off position because of brandon campbell leaving but they will be very strong in the 3, 4, and 5 positons because of brenton josh and nick.
PBURG will win 12-15 games
Prestonsburg will be alright in 06 but i still see them getting beaten by AC and BL....
true prestonsburg is ok but u gotta look at the fact that they lost to magoffin county last year in the opening game.
I know that Pburg has 3 really good pitchers ! You may even want to consider Bobby Hughes a good pitcher too! the other three are Andrew shepherd, Brenton Hamilton, and Josh Rodebough(Future MLB player)!
"blackcat_student" Wrote:I know that Pburg has 3 really good pitchers ! You may even want to consider Bobby Hughes a good pitcher too! the other three are Andrew shepherd, Brenton Hamilton, and Josh Rodebough(Future MLB player)!

A looooot of work still to be done...
Blackcat, what did you think of practice today?
"blackcat_student" Wrote:I know that Pburg has 3 really good pitchers ! You may even want to consider Bobby Hughes a good pitcher too! the other three are Andrew shepherd, Brenton Hamilton, and Josh Rodebough(Future MLB player)!

Future mlb?? Are you being sarcastic?
Has josh done something lately, tha we hav not heard or seen? Great kid, but....MLb???? That is a lot to say about anyone!
Good luck Cats....have a great year Josh!!!Great family!!
Josh is just a sophmore! and He won back to back Little Leauge century 21 state championship ! UHH hint, hint ! He can Hit the ball out off the park let alone over the fence! He may not make it to the MLB but if he can hit the ball the way i know he can I think he can make it ! But not as a Pitcher !