Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Rankings
how are records looking for teams? who's #1?
5/6th grade in NorthEastern Kentucky I would say that RUSSELL is holding the first spot.

5/6th grade teams NEK.
1. Russell 6-0
2. Lawrence County
3. Raceland
4. Greenup Wurtland
5. Boyd
6. Greenup McKell
7. Morgan
8. West Carter

East Carter I have seen nothing from them or heard of anyone who has played them yet.
Fairview would not play us this year so I dont know anything about them either
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Adams (p-burg) is 3-0 right now, but play two tough games this week. (Betsy Layne & Pikeville)
from what ive seen and heard, Pike Central Middle is really good
Shelby Valley's 5th-6th Grade Team is 5-0 this season, Beating Phelps Twice, Morgan County's 6th grade team, Belfry 5th grade and Belfry 6th grade teams.

They seem to be pretty solid!

Keep it up Jr. Cats!!!!!!!!
Also forgot to mention that those SV Jr. Cats beat Johns Creek and Betsy Layne in pre season scrimmages!
Bluegrass Conference Standings After Week 3

Northern Division

1. West Jessamine( 3-0)
1. Elkhorn (3-0)
1. Georgetown (3-0)
4. Scott County (2-1)
5. Royal Springs (1-2)
6. East Jessamine ( 0-3)
6. Harrison County(0-3)
6. Woodford County (0-3)

Southern Division

1.conkwright (3-0)
2. Clark-moores (2-1)
2. Madison (2-1)
2. Mcnabb (2-1)
2. Clark (2-1)
6. Bourbon (1-2)
7. Powell (0-3)
8. Estill (0-3)
What grade is this???
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
How does the 5/6th grade divisions look this year???
Shelby Valley 5th and 6th 8-0.
Who has Shelby Valley played this year????? in 5/6th grade
Shelby Valley 5th and 6th has played Phelps twice, Morgan Co.,Belfry6th,Belfry5th,Mullins,Adams,and Johns Creek.
OlmannSV Wrote:Also forgot to mention that those SV Jr. Cats beat Johns Creek and Betsy Layne in pre season scrimmages!

This is 5-6 grade. The 7-8 game neither team scored.
blue60 Wrote:Shelby Valley 5th and 6th has played Phelps twice, Morgan Co.,Belfry6th,Belfry5th,Mullins,Adams,and Johns Creek.

What were the scores??? If you remember....
I can't remember the scores right off hand, and I don't have time to go watch the film right now... we don't have anyone to keep the stats. But we had close games with Belfry 6th, Adams, Johns Crk, and LCC (last night). In most cases we made sure that we got everyone in the game, even though we knew it would give up a score or two.

Two of these teams got to scout us. So they knew what we had. Which makes it all the better. We want our boys to play prepared teams. It makes them better football players.

By the end of the year we will get some numbers on here; when I have time to go over all of the tapes.
The standings for the CVC 5th/6th are as follows:

#1 Stinnett Bluejays 4-0 Conf. play

#2 The Evarts Wildcats 3-1 Conf. play 6-1 all

#3 The New Harlan Patriots 2-2 Conf. play

#4 The Cumberland Redskins 0-4 Conf. play

*Penning Gap VA. Dropped out of league.

Cumberland lost to Pennington before they dropped out!
#1 Plays # 4 and #2 Plays #3
The 1st round of the playoffs are on Oct. 25th at Leslie Co. High School.
The Consolation and Championship are on Nov. 1 at Leslie Co. High School.
The times are TBA
Russell 6th grade will finish their league play Oct 21st.
Russell vs Ironton Bills, Ohio - Oct 7th, Tuesday @5:30p at Russell

Russell vs Rock Hill, Ohio - Oct 9th, Thursday @ 6:00p at Russell

Russell vs Raceland - Oct,14th, Tuesday @ 6:00pm at Raceland

Russell vs Fairland, Ohio - Oct. 18th, Saturday @ 4pm at Russell

Russell vs Greenup - Oct 21st, Tuesday @ 5:30p at Russell

These two games will close out the county and area play for us.
Betsy Layne 5th/ 6th plays Shelby Valley on Thursday. It should be a good game...
belfry against county teams,hasnt none been close, i think they have lost perry,without 4 staters,lost 2 breathitt middle in a closer game than the score,and lost to lcc, and beat martin middle, good bunch of boys on that team..
Belfry has a very good bunch of boys. I saw them play LCC. No doubt Belfry is tuff.
Betsy Layne 7/8th Grade games remaining:

BL vs Allen 10/7
BL vs Shelby Valley 10/9
BL vs Johnson Cent. 10/14
BL at Magoffin Co. 10/16
Leonardo Wrote:Belfry has a very good bunch of boys. I saw them play LCC. No doubt Belfry is tuff.

Thank you, we appreciate you saying that about our kids. And I know that those boys will appreciate it also.
Daddycat27 Wrote:The standings for the CVC 5th/6th are as follows:

#1 Stinnett Bluejays 4-0 Conf. play

#2 The Evarts Wildcats 3-1 Conf. play 6-1 all

#3 The New Harlan Patriots 2-2 Conf. play

#4 The Cumberland Redskins 0-4 Conf. play

*Penning Gap VA. Dropped out of league.

Cumberland lost to Pennington before they dropped out!
#1 Plays # 4 and #2 Plays #3
The 1st round of the playoffs are on Oct. 25th at Leslie Co. High School.
The Consolation and Championship are on Nov. 1 at Leslie Co. High School.
The times are TBA

Who beat Evarts? I thought their 5/6 grade team was undefeated this year. They win the most improved award this year IMO, kudos to that coaching staff.
Stinnett beat them 8-0 in the 1st game of the year at Evarts. They finally scored with 23sec. left. Evarts fumbled 3-4 times. They have since won 6 in a row. 1 by forfiet. They beat Stinnett 22-6 at Leslie Co.
I forgot to mention Evarts was winless last year. 0-10 this year 6-1. Great turn around.
Evarts certainly has turned it around. Good Coaching. I would think that on down the road Coach Larkey might have a hand what the middle schools do. At least dealing out some wisdom. You know like that guy down in Bell County.
Patriot Wrote:Evarts certainly has turned it around. Good Coaching. I would think that on down the road Coach Larkey might have a hand what the middle schools do. At least dealing out some wisdom. You know like that guy down in Bell County.

All the county teams already run the Black Bear defense. They'll be familiar with what he wants when he gets them.
belfry 6th grade has a very tough defensive line they are all soilid , good luck to them rest of season
Patriot Wrote:Evarts certainly has turned it around. Good Coaching. I would think that on down the road Coach Larkey might have a hand what the middle schools do. At least dealing out some wisdom. You know like that guy down in Bell County.

they had the same coaching staff last year. i think that some credit should be given to the kids that bust there tails every day in practice.
go wildcats 5th/6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Russell 6th grade will finish their league play Oct 21st.
Russell vs Ironton Bills, Ohio - Oct 7th, Tuesday @5:30p at Russell

Russell vs Rock Hill, Ohio - Oct 9th, Thursday @ 6:00p at Russell

Russell vs Raceland - Oct,14th, Tuesday @ 6:00pm at Raceland

Russell vs Fairland, Ohio - Oct. 18th, Saturday @ 4pm at Russell

Russell vs Greenup - Oct 21st, Tuesday @ 5:30p at Russell

These two games will close out the county and area play for us.

Ironton cancelled
Rock Hill will be a scrimmage

Russell picked up Greenup Tuesday in place of Ironton which will be the make up game from 2 weeks ago... Great people down there on that end of the county.. Great team and great players.....

Rock Hill will be a scrimmage game due to schedule changes from this up coming Fall break Friday- Mon... The flag program will play on Thursday which will take the field..
Rock Hill agrees to scrimmage and work together to better all of our kids.. I can say that Rock Hill and Russell see so much of each other we have become a large family.. We play each other in basketball and some of the kids even play together when it comes to USSSA baseball. Great group of people and kids..

Greenup
Raceland
Fairland
Greenup will end the season for us I guess...