Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about Paintsville this year?
Tell me what you think about Paintsville Basketball this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sky's the limit.
I agree, this bunch will be a very good club their senior season.
It all depends upon leadership and how much improvement they make during the year.

My guess: Rupp bound
Not enough balls two go around. second in the district, I think the next 2 seasons (07 and 08) they will be the team to beat. need one more year of experience.
"littlej" Wrote:Not enough balls two go around. second in the district, I think the next 2 seasons (07 and 08) they will be the team to beat. need one more year of experience.

I agree, need a little more experience. Don't think all the other players are ready yet to concede to the fact that Slone is the player that will make Paintsville the 15th Region Champions.
But, what would Paintsville team be like if Landon Slone wasnt there? Isnt he like 50% of scoreing for them?
i'd say he is...and they definately wouldn't be that great without him...
him and all the other guys on that team are great people and athletes, and they should do really well this year...

i wouldn't be surprised if they were the 15th district champs...they gave valley a pretty good game last year, and as time goes on they can only get better
I think you meant 15th Region Champs there gp....Big Grin
yeah i did lol
my bad
Paintsville is great. But what hurts them is they really don't have a dominating big guy. So if they are nt hitting well they could be in trouble. But they have so many threats. I could see this team making it to rupp but they wont win a game there.
Anyone that thinks Paintsville is a one man team, you're badly mistaken. This team has 7 good players to go along with Slone. This team also plays hard and has the same goal, to win. It doesn't matter to them who is scoring all the points.
The way paintsville plays i don't think they need a dominating big man that much the way they push the ball up the court.....
Paintsville will do fine and should content for a regional title.
They only lost 2 players from last year's team and if Pugh and Bundy are playing they will be even better than last year.
RUPP!!! Anything less and I will be thoroughly upset in my boys...
the tigers should go far.... mabe even rupp
I feel that if you make a pre-season poll and have anyone else as the top team in the region then you should not be allowed to make a poll. On paper this Paintsville team is better than anyone in the region, but games are not won on paper. BMR is going to do his part in keeping this team's heads on straight, but the players are going to have to be the ones who stay focused. They are extremley young and I'm not sure how they will handle this big target on their back, and with Pugh coming out of retierment minutes are going to be scarce. With that said, I feel that if this team comes ready to play and plays well nobody in the region can beat them. They will not play well every night and may slip up to some teams in the region through out the year, but they are going to be tough come post season as long as they steer clear of injuries and egos do not get in the way. I expect them to make a run at region, but am hoping to see the Cardinals of Sheldon Clark cut down the nets.
I look for this season to be the beginning of some very succesful times for Paintsville basketball. They have a very special group in there right now and have the ability to make some great things happpen. While this year might not see them rise to their fullest potential, keep in mind that there are two more years after this season for them to only get better.
I dont see them winning region but in a few years im thinking STATE !
I would agree with the experience factor.....but they are still one of the top teams and the favorites in the 15th.....With the addition of Daniel Pugh it will take alot of pressure off of Slone
Paintsville should have the 3rd or 4th best team in the Region this year behind SV,JC and possibly PC. Slone is pretty good but believe me he's not the best player in the region and this year will show that.
There aren't 2 or 3 other teams better than Paintsville in the 15th Region, as almost everyone on here has noted. There may be 1, possibly 2, teams of equal caliber to them, but to say better is reaching.
SV and JC are alot better than Painstville and PC possibly could be if Lowe and Ratliff play good this season. The only reason it was close game between Pville and Sv last year is because of two factors one SV got out coached by Bill Mike and two because Tackett didn't want to foul out of possibly his last game ever, that's why he let Slone shoot lay ups, Slone didn't even have to create his own shot and Tackett told me that believe me, Tackett could guard Slone any day my friend, he's shut down Seth Kiser before in practice so I know he could shut down Slone but it doesn't matter because Paintsville lost and just because of that one game everyone's like Slone this and Slone that, we will see this year how good he really is. SV has had alot more talent than Paintsville for years now.
Paintsville might be young, but they can't use that excuse anymore. Most of their players have more game experience than a lot of other teams. Other teams might have more maturity (older players). But, the Tigers have experience.

As far as Landon Slone is concerned, he is legit. I saw the Tigers at least 18 times last year. He showed me something different each night out. The kid is a PLAYER.
there gonna be good

better than pikeville

Then again who isnt
I'm not referring to any one game from last year, and I'm not talking about last year's team or past seasons. Speaking in the present, there are not 2 teams in the region better than Paintsville. And Shelby Valley is certainly not one of the teams that comes to mind when considering the top three teams in the 15th Region for the 05-06 season. The only team that is comparible (and it is very close) is Johnson Central, who is much better than Shelby Valley.
Sportswiz is right, Landon Slone is legit. I remember watching Landon back in Jr Pro and AAU at Martin. They hosted an AAU tourney that saw players like Landon Slone( Paintsville), Josh Prater (AC), Jeremy Pack(Paintsville) and the Honaker's from Pikeville. I'm sure there were other players I've forgotten from the tourney. Slone is a natural when it comes to basketball. Slone was a standout player then and he is a standout player now.
Paintsville will win the 15th the year. Also they will win the all A Classic region. They should make some noise at both state tournaments. Good luck to the boys in blue this year.
What wasd the score on friday night?????????????????
What are you talking about?