Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Season Programs
What are some of the things baseball teams are doing during the fall and winter to prepare for the 2009 season? What role can/should the Head Coach play in planning or conducting any offseason program?
I think a good off season program is imperative for a baseball team to be successful. A coach that cares about his baseball program and wants them to suceed should have a plan for Summer, Fall and Winter in preparation for the Spring season. They have to get the kids motivated to want to play baseball and set goals for them to achieve. He needs to help those kids that want to play at the college level.
Well I know its nothing big but I know SF is lifting and running. We finally got a coach who cares enough to make us do these things. I'm not saying we are gonna win the district but we will be a lot better than the past few years. Now that Staggs is gone we might actually have a couple of practices that will actually teach us something
Good coaches are so hard to find.
Pikeville is getting an indoor batting and bullpen in the gym.
Gatortater Wrote:I think a good off season program is imperative for a baseball team to be successful. A coach that cares about his baseball program and wants them to suceed should have a plan for Summer, Fall and Winter in preparation for the Spring season. They have to get the kids motivated to want to play baseball and set goals for them to achieve. He needs to help those kids that want to play at the college level.

Good post. I hope a lot of head coaches read this. Some need to do a little self-evaluation of their own programs to see if they're doing all they can for their kids. I suspect there's some who just put in minimum time and draw a check.
It's what you do before the season starts that makes a champion!!!