Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudi Johnson Trade?
Rudi Johnson is rumored to be on the trade block as the Bengals are looking for some receivers.
Anquan Bolden?
Bolden has ask to be out of Arizona. Would be huge the Cincy if they could land him!
Would Cincy trade Rudi for Anquan and sign Boone Co. native - Shaun Alexander?
Rudi looked good in OTA videos, so this doesn't make any sense unless Rudi's injury is worse than they lead on.

I also don't like making Chris Perry the feature because because a) we said we're re-dedicating to the run game and I don't think he's big enough to pound it between the tackles, and b) Perry's so injury prone, how long before he gets taken out for the year?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Yea I was kind of thinking trade for Bolden, which you would probably have to throw a draft pick in and then sign Alexander. I would expect Cincy to run a Perry/Watson combo.
They won't sign Shaun Alexander. First of alll we have three awsome backs IMO. Most have never heard of DeDe Dorsey but he is a force. He had 183 yds on 21 carries, thats an 8.7 avg, he also had a long of 45 yds. IMO he gives the Bengals' the outside run game and should be the Bengals 3rd down back. Now for Perry. Does anyone remember Chris Perry when he was at Michigan? He was a brute, he has said he can go back to that type of run style, he turned into a scat back when he was drafted by the Bengals because that is what we needed. I think a Perry/Watson combo would be interesting to see, hopefully it will work.
I would be very surprised if Arizona would trade for Rudi. I'm not sure they are in the market for a 3.6 YPC RB......they already have one. Would be nice to see Bolden in stripes though.

How about making a deal with Houston for Kevin Walter or even New England for Kelley Washington. Think about it, both of those guys have played in this offense and there would be very little (if any) transition period.
^ Rudi is to much for that trade. Rudi for someone like Wes Welker would be nice, the Pats are always lookin for a power back it seems.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:^ Rudi is to much for that trade. Rudi for someone like Wes Welker would be nice, the Pats are always lookin for a power back it seems.

2 years ago Rudi would have been too much for that trade, but not now.

Apparantly Marvin's out of the loop on Rudi talks, as well. Looks like the Owner/GM Mike Brown would at least consult his head coach and let him know whats going on.

ESPN.COM

With the Bengals hurting at the position, sources with NFL teams said on Monday that the Bengals have called offering running back Rudi Johnson in a trade for a legitimate receiver.

A Bengals source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen, however, that head coach Marvin Lewis was "totally unaware" of any attempts to trade Rudi Johnson, but he didn't rule out that president and general manager Mike Brown directed the calls.

"Who knows?" the source said. "Right now, a lot of teams are calling each other with all kinds of what-if trade scenarios."
Check out Rudi's comments:

http://www.cincinnati.com/bengals

Apparently, Rudi expects the team to trade him. He even goes far to say, "They've tried to get me out of here for years." :confused:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rudi Johnson was released today. I would have aleast tried to try him for something.
The Bengals weren't going to get anything for Rudi. He's hurt & averaged 2.9 yards a rush last year. If the Bengals were smart, and they obviously aren't, they would have drafted a RB in the 2nd round, like a Ray Rice, got the WR they took there in the 3rd round, & possibly been able to trade Rudi at that time for something. Joe Horn is looking for a team & is old but solid. And remember, the Bengals drafted 3 WR's this past year. Mike Brown=Worst Sports Executive Ever. The Bengals will never win consistently with him running the operation.
Or the Bengals could have drafted a good RB last year instead of wasting a pick on Kenny Irons. Apparently the few scouts employed by the Bengals only watch Auburn games.