Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central Complex
Anyone know the news on it. All i know is that they already said that the team can not play on their old field anymore. Maintaince already grew grass over the infield. I cant figure out what their going to do with the bleachers and dugouts. Cause thats about another football field of just useless grass when it does get tore down.

Although the field is supposed to be done by the first game. But if its not, thats their problem and will probably have to schuedule all away games like Johnson Central did this past season.

Supposivly, its planned to be over by the new Middle school up on that empty flat and will have a score building with concession stands, and be really low cut grass with pellets, not turf.

I cant wait to see what the field looks like and how the hawks will play on it

*Correct me if im wrong, Add to it if im right*
If...Then Wrote:Anyone know the news on it. All i know is that they already said that the team can not play on their old field anymore. Maintaince already grew grass over the infield. I cant figure out what their going to do with the bleachers and dugouts. Cause thats about another football field of just useless grass when it does get tore down.

Although the field is supposed to be done by the first game. But if its not, thats their problem and will probably have to schuedule all away games like Johnson Central did this past season.

Supposivly, its planned to be over by the new Middle school up on that empty flat and will have a score building with concession stands, and be really low cut grass with pellets, not turf.

I cant wait to see what the field looks like and how the hawks will play on it

*Correct me if im wrong, Add to it if im right*

It's my understanding the girls softball team will be using this field.
The field at PC will become the new girls softball field. A portable metal fence will be in the outfield and the infield will be skinned in early spring. This will be a very nice girls softball field and one they have deserved for a long.

The new baseball field will be between the new Mullins school and PC but construction won't begin until the weather breaks in the spring. Obviuosly, it won't be ready for this baseball season. They will travel or play games at JC...maybe some late spring games at Pikeville College when the time changes (no lights).
hawkhead Wrote:The field at PC will become the new girls softball field. A portable metal fence will be in the outfield and the infield will be skinned in early spring. This will be a very nice girls softball field and one they have deserved for a long.

The new baseball field will be between the new Mullins school and PC but construction won't begin until the weather breaks in the spring. Obviuosly, it won't be ready for this baseball season. They will travel or play games at JC...maybe some late spring games at Pikeville College when the time changes (no lights).

havent they played away in the past years and practiced at pikeville college?

I heard the coach told the team the field would be ready. and that it would begin over Christmas break but wont be done for the first couple of games.

like daylight savings? the field has no lights?